4 Phase LFO

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dioxide

31 Dec 2015

I couldn't find a thread about this. It's a bit of an ugly duckling GUI wise but it packed full of features. Why does no other RE LFO have a Reset button? Also this has Bias for DC Offset, something I can't find in other RE LFOs. Hats off to Spectral Scan Software.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/4-phase-lfo/

I'd like to see more CV inputs though. For instance having a CV input for Reset is useful. And some Inverted CV outputs are always useful on an LFO.

rcbuse
RE Developer

31 Dec 2015

Emian

31 Dec 2015

rcbuse wrote:I found what you are looking for ;)
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... fo-editor/
your tactical vision is priceless ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Voyager

10 Jan 2018

I'm looking at the 4 Phase lfo and the ammo 100, both have their advantages. Ammo may have lots of waveforms presets but they are not tweakable while 4 phase lfo have 5 basic waveforms but with more tweakable parameters. I mean with 4 phase lfo it is possible to tweak a sine waveform to various shapes and go back to sine while it seems not possible with ammo 100. Correct me if i'm wrong.

By the way if you own both which one you like most and why ?

Loque

11 Jan 2018

Voyager wrote:
10 Jan 2018
I'm looking at the 4 Phase lfo and the ammo 100, both have their advantages. Ammo may have lots of waveforms presets but they are not tweakable while 4 phase lfo have 5 basic waveforms but with more tweakable parameters. I mean with 4 phase lfo it is possible to tweak a sine waveform to various shapes and go back to sine while it seems not possible with ammo 100. Correct me if i'm wrong.

By the way if you own both which one you like most and why ?
Ammo has a phase, PW, frequency in several timings, depth, lag, fm, gain and bunch of CV in and out. It is one of my goto LFOs.

4Phase is nice, can make dome special curves. Nearly never use it, maybe because it takes a bit to get a curve done and you need additional visual feedback with eg CVA-7.

What are you looking for? Note, that Nostromo has 1000 curves which can be modified and manipulated in the mod matrix. There are also several free definable LFOs or Envelopes available, and i think some can do some kind of morphing, but i may be wrong. Kron is pretty mighty in doing LFO stuff, but tooks a while to get used to it.
Reason12, Win10

Voyager

11 Jan 2018

Loque wrote:
11 Jan 2018
Ammo has a phase, PW, frequency in several timings, depth, lag, fm, gain and bunch of CV in and out. It is one of my goto LFOs.

4Phase is nice, can make dome special curves. Nearly never use it, maybe because it takes a bit to get a curve done and you need additional visual feedback with eg CVA-7.

What are you looking for? Note, that Nostromo has 1000 curves which can be modified and manipulated in the mod matrix. There are also several free definable LFOs or Envelopes available, and i think some can do some kind of morphing, but i may be wrong. Kron is pretty mighty in doing LFO stuff, but tooks a while to get used to it.
Just a good LFO with some good basic parametrable options and not over loaded with endless parameters to tweak.

I think having both couldn't be bad and be useful in differents scenario case, not like they were costing hunderds..

Nostromo in the other hand has too much parametrable options in my liking, i tend to get lost tweaking endlessly with those kind of devices. I somehow prefer devices straight-forward and more limited in that regard which help me to set a tweakability limit and moving on faster, just help my overall workflow.

• Information