What's the closest to Jupiter 8 in Reason?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

30 Dec 2015

Question's in the title I guess! Was watching some YouTube videos of people reconstructing well known 80s Synth-Pop hits using real J8s (or Arturia's VST offering) and it sounds great! Would love to see one created for Reason but in the meantime what would you say is the closest to it, either in terms of architecture or ability to replicate that sound?

crownjewelbeatz

30 Dec 2015

great question...I would say antidote, px7, or both in a combinator

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Dec 2015

The Subractor has a rather Jupiter/Juno sound to its filter. Otherwise I would have thought Thor or Antidote. Just remember that so much of the sound of that era (mid-80s) was due to fashion and recording techniques (incl effects used).

I think the new Air Raid Audio Chorus and Delay can cover some of that ground.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

raymondh

30 Dec 2015

I gave up waiting for a synth (or refill) for Jupiter 8 sounds, so went out and bought a couple of Roland JP-08s.
I did try out the Arturia Jupiter 8v, but it didn't really inspire me.

The best out of the box if I didn't have the JP-08?
Nothing sounds like a Jupiter 8, but for a similar general character, I'd probably use either THOR, ANTIDOTE, PREDATOR or MONO/POLY.
If I had to pick one, it would be Antidote, because of the sound of the Sallen Key filter.
None of these synths have Cross Modulation like the JP8, but they all make great polysynth sounds.

You might also like ReDominator which is an emulation of the Alpha Juno. Not a JP8, but still sounds great for 80s sound. So does the PolySix.

Mauricio Duarte

30 Dec 2015

Nothing compared to the real stuff as you described above.

Thor, Antidote and Redominator are the best RE's for that kind of 80's JP8 sound I agree..

pjeudy

30 Dec 2015

Not a Jupiter 8 expert...But this synth has an Old school Synth vibe to it and I just can't stop using it
Aurora Hybrid Synthesizer :https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nthesizer/
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eXode

31 Dec 2015

RED70 is really good for polyphonic analog style sounds.

mreese80

31 Dec 2015

hmmmm...idk...i got the arturia collection
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

eXode

31 Dec 2015

eXode wrote:RED70 is really good for polyphonic analog style sounds.
To elaborate on RED70, it offers sync, cross mod, and also a filter that you can set to highpass (send both osc's and noise through Filter X first) before the main filter, so from a pure feature perspective it can get close to the Jupiter 8 signal path. It also offers traditional unison.

• Information