Synapse FX

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Neosaki

27 Dec 2015

I'm thinking about getting the the Synapse FX bundle during the sale. Always wanted it. Think they sound great. Love the GUI for all of them. However, does anybody have any recommendations for buying other products, or think that the FX in this bundle have been trumped by other rack extensions in the store? Just want to get people's opinion before I take the plunge.

pjeudy

27 Dec 2015

Neosaki wrote:I'm thinking about getting the the Synapse FX bundle during the sale. Always wanted it. Think they sound great. Love the GUI for all of them. However, does anybody have any recommendations for buying other products, or think that the FX in this bundle have been trumped by other rack extensions in the store? Just want to get people's opinion before I take the plunge.
Question number 1 ..Do you own ANTIDOTE ?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Tincture

27 Dec 2015

The DR-1 is one of my 8x sends in my template file. I love the dual chorus and it still gets some use even though I have Chenille which is awesome. The phaser I got recently and is ok but their latest phaser is much better. Also got rhe ring mod recently and haven't used it much yet but does the job nicely. The filter is so much down to personal taste but I like it and its distortion, def. better available tho'. The eq is very, subtle! But I like it on guitar and for enhancing high freqs.

I'm glad to have them and find them useful.

Skullture

27 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Neosaki wrote:I'm thinking about getting the the Synapse FX bundle during the sale. Always wanted it. Think they sound great. Love the GUI for all of them. However, does anybody have any recommendations for buying other products, or think that the FX in this bundle have been trumped by other rack extensions in the store? Just want to get people's opinion before I take the plunge.
Haha good one, still the deep reverb is pretty good to have standalone.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

pjeudy

27 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
Haha good one, still the deep reverb is pretty good to have standalone.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
I have DR-1 ..it's cool to have standalone. Its sounds Identical to the one in ANTIDOTE. I also have the Chorus. I was going to tell OP ..save his money, unless he wants that ring modulator. Antidote comes with the Phaser. For the filter he should go with etch red it's more powerful and cheap.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

satyr32

30 Dec 2015

DR-1 is not 100% identical to the Antidote Reverb but indeed pretty similiar.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

tronam

30 Dec 2015

The biggest surprise for me is VE-3. I use it all over the place now and love how it clears up the midrange.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

pjeudy

30 Dec 2015

satyr32 wrote:DR-1 is not 100% identical to the Antidote Reverb but indeed pretty similiar.
It's not 100% but it is 99.999% I did an A/B test...dial for dial and the difference was extremely near ZERO...the truth in my opinion is..that there's actually zero difference.
I have ANTIDOTE ...and was hesitant to get DR-1 at $49....but I jumped on it at $19.

Much happier with this setup, the fact that you can quickly just throw it on anything without that Big ANTIDOTE interface and having to flip ANTIDOTE around to connect it, makes a huge difference ...not having the need to do all that!
I'm glad I got it at $19 every time I use it :thumbs_up:

But if someone has another device that they want to get and they already have ANTIDOTE then add that $19 towards something else...the reverb are the same!

satyr32

30 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote: It's not 100% but it is 99.999% I did an A/B test...dial for dial and the difference was extremely near ZERO...the truth in my opinion is..that there's actually zero difference.
To be precise the slopes of the Low and High Cuts are different. And we all know some people pay $229 for different slopes (Tube-Tech), so there is a difference :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

pjeudy

30 Dec 2015

satyr32 wrote:
pjeudy wrote: It's not 100% but it is 99.999% I did an A/B test...dial for dial and the difference was extremely near ZERO...the truth in my opinion is..that there's actually zero difference.
To be precise the slopes of the Low and High Cuts are different. And we all know some people pay $229 for different slopes (Tube-Tech), so there is a difference :)
You're right ! I bought Mp5 for that default EQ curve ;-)

In the case of DR-1 at $19 even if the difference is not noticeable. ...it a.good deal !

• Information