3D-renders for a RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

28 Dec 2015

Nirude wrote:It has begun.
units.JPG
...I just wanted to say ..WOW!!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

decibel

28 Dec 2015

Nirude wrote:LOL - well I have made quite a lot of these REs. Soon I can fill the rack :) I´ll make those wallpapers.
you cant stop now the ball is rolling mate ;)

Skullture

28 Dec 2015

Nirude wrote:It has begun.
units.JPG
Blender?

Nirude

29 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:Blender?
3dsmax
decibel wrote:you cant stop now the ball is rolling mate ;)
Can't stop - Won't stop :)
3d man.

Vince-Noir-99

29 Dec 2015

Wooah, pretty amazing Nirude!

Would you mind me asking.. Is 3D design a better approach for music GUI development over traditional 2D vector graphics? I've read about some developers going that way. What I'm trying to understand is what programs are typically used in this field.

I'm wondering about getting myself a vector editor to practice a bit as a hobby, and currently I'm looking into Affinity Designer and Pixelmator, which seem like a good starting point.
Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Nirude

29 Dec 2015

Well. I have been doing only from 2D to 3D and never quite developed a synth, except that Ochen Ks 4mer UI-design thingy, I did a few versions of the original plastic-model-look (I think I didn't even post the second one / only did color variations). Anyway. If I would start to develope a synth, I would draw sketches to paper first. Then I would assemble it either 3dsmax OR the sdk by Propellerheads. I haven't used that before but I think it is a 3D-space where you make your synth. I haven't used programs to draw vectors and I don't know how difficult it will be to handle all elements etc.
I´m used to work in 3dsmax and even if it wasn't the best space to create a synth, I believe I would make the first digital version of it with that (and the first analog version with a pen).
3d man.

Vince-Noir-99

29 Dec 2015

Oh man, I'm looking at some screenshots of 3ds Max... Looks as much as beautiful as complicated ))

I've always doodled around with drawing, especially with markers (even had a little pantone collection at some point). On computers I just messed a little bit with vectors in Photoshop, though I'm aware it's not its best feature. Now it's getting back to me and would love, as a hobby, to learn a bit more but from what I'm gathering, at least to begin with, a simple 2D vector should satisfy my need for colours and shapes. :)
Who knows one day I'll get into 3D, I'm so fascinated by that, but for the time being I'll leave it to the pros haha!
Good stuff, Nirude, very inspiring!

DNA Apocalypse

06 Jan 2016

Nirude is insanely talented......can't wait to see the Thor in 3d!
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

DNA Apocalypse

06 Jan 2016

Look at the level of detail Nirude puts in his work! He is a true 3d digital artist. He produced a bunch of 3d renders of the Hydronexius and I was absolutely stunned at the detail. Nirude should get on the propellerhead team and create "Reason 9 3d" where all racks are in 3d......I think reason previously planned on this but not sure if they abandoned this idea.....
cam02-0291.png
cam02-0291.png (4.61 MiB) Viewed 2775 times
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

pjeudy

06 Jan 2016

Nirude wrote: Also, if some developer wants pics of an unreleased :re: - hit me up @ niiranen@gmail.com - then I will close this thread. :exclamation:
Nirude have considered signing up for the REASON SDK? To see what the GUI process is like.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

joeyluck

06 Jan 2016

DNA Apocalypse wrote:Nirude should get on the propellerhead team and create "Reason 9 3d" where all racks are in 3d......I think reason previously planned on this but not sure if they abandoned this idea.....
There were some guesses/wishes concerning that...
I always thought it would be cool if the user could choose to have a degree of perspective. For instance choosing that the point/devices center-center-screen would look as it is now and those to the left and right and above and below would have a slightly different perspective (which would change as you navigate).

But I think given that SDK 2.2 introduced 2D GUI support, that something like that is unlikely to happen.

Nirude

07 Jan 2016

Heh maybe it is safe to say now that DNA Labs will release something, hopefully, soon ;)
3d man.

pjeudy

07 Jan 2016

Nirude wrote:Heh maybe it is safe to say now that DNA Labs will release something, hopefully, soon ;)
A new device...?

Nirude

07 Jan 2016

Noooo not a new device. Rendering/anim.
See that file name, cam 2 frame 291.
An animation so good that Props will soil their shorts.
3d man.

avasopht
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2016

Vince-Noir-99 wrote:Wooah, pretty amazing Nirude!

Would you mind me asking.. Is 3D design a better approach for music GUI development over traditional 2D vector graphics? I've read about some developers going that way. What I'm trying to understand is what programs are typically used in this field.
3ds Max or Maya.

Also there is Blender which is free.

selig
RE Developer

07 Jan 2016

Amazing work as always Nirude! Can't wait to see Thor in all its 3D glory.
Selig Audio, LLC

Nirude

10 Jan 2016

If you guys are thinking "Where are the updates?" - My answer:
All the modeling have been done in nighttime and now I am on quite heavy medication which I take in the evening.
I take a pill, after 15min I start to feel it and after 30min Kansas is going bye-bye (Quote Cypher, from the movie The Matrix).
I haven't done anything for over a week, but...
Tomorrow, monday 11th I'll be back at work and I can concentrate on the Thor-model :puf_bigsmile: .
3d man.

Nirude

13 Jan 2016

Any guitar players around? Here is the first :re: -desktop background :)
Click to see full resolution, it was 6000x wide but I scaled it down to 4k if someone has a 4k monitor.
Kuassa RE Background by Nirude2016.jpg
Kuassa RE Background by Nirude2016.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 2627 times
Inspiration from Lord of the rings, Sauron and when the one ring was casted.
3d man.

alex

13 Jan 2016

Damn, awesome work! Cheers man! :thumbs_up:
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

Nirude

13 Jan 2016

Back to the subject, Thor..
units2.jpg
units2.jpg (418.9 KiB) Viewed 2557 times
3d man.

eusti

13 Jan 2016

Your work is great, Nirude!

From my perspective as a non 3D artist: I think the most of the angled knobs are too sharp in most of your renderings...
What I mean is that all real world 3 dimensional objects have some kind of curve when going from one axis to the other... Not many objects have sharp edges like knives... In your renderings it seems that people would basically cut their fingers off using most the controls...
Sorry for not being able to explain this any better. And I apologize if that is your intention. To me it just is one of the very few things that make me think "fake" or "rendering" instead of being fully immersed in your art... But then again, I'm a photographer by trade and might be hyper sensitive to things like that...

D.

Pinkbox

13 Jan 2016

eusti wrote:Your work is great, Nirude!

From my perspective as a non 3D artist: I think the most of the angled knobs are too sharp in most of your renderings...
As being a 3D artist, I agree with that.
I like your work very much tho!

Pinkbox

13 Jan 2016

I quickly scrolled up through the thread and I'm not sure you've told which softwares you're using...?

Nirude

13 Jan 2016

Pinkbox wrote:I quickly scrolled up through the thread and I'm not sure you've told which softwares you're using...?
Up on this page, Skullture asked :) I use 3dsmax

Anyway Eusti & Pinkbox, please be a bit more specific, what are angled knobs? :puf_smile:
3d man.

eXode

13 Jan 2016

Nirude wrote:Any guitar players around? Here is the first :re: -desktop background :)
Click to see full resolution, it was 6000x wide but I scaled it down to 4k if someone has a 4k monitor.
Kuassa RE Background by Nirude2016.jpg
Inspiration from Lord of the rings, Sauron and when the one ring was casted.
Awesome! Have you shown Kuassa this?

• Information