KILOHEARTS Khs ONE ON SALE !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

21 Dec 2015

FINALLY ...............YEEEESSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Image
Kilohearts One on Sale FINALY.png
Kilohearts One on Sale FINALY.png (51.06 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Whether you want a thumping bass, squelching lead or a smooth pad, kHs ONE stands ready to serve! But don't worry, it won't get sad if you just throw it in for a simple sine sub. Not visibly, at least.

With highly morphable oscillators and a vast array of modulation options all fit into an easy to understand GUI, kHs ONE is the perfect synth for both users new to subtractive synthesis as well as hardened veterans.

Just look at all these bullet points:

2 Main oscillators (saw/square/noise)
Sub oscillator
2 multi mode filters (including vowel filter)
Per voice wave shaper
2 LFOs
3 Envelopes (amp/filter/mod)
8 voice unison
24 voice polyphony
Env/LFO legato on/off
Portamento/Glide
Onboard FX: Chorus, Delay, Equalizer and Limiter
Last edited by pjeudy on 23 Dec 2015, edited 3 times in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Skullture

21 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:FINALLY ...............YEEEESSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Such caps lock.. So it's a must have Pjeudy?

pjeudy

21 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:
This was the first synth I was after before ANTIDOTE was even out....It sounds Fantastic. Looks simple easy to program...but man It sounds sweet!!
To me an Absolute buy !!!!!!!

kiloHearts kHs ONE review musicradar:
http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... one-508227
Last edited by pjeudy on 21 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

EnochLight

21 Dec 2015

I bought this at full price and don't regret it - it's like Subtractor Pro XL! Highly recommended for freak'n 30% off!!!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Skullture

21 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Skullture wrote:
This was the first synth I was after before ANTIDOTE was even out....It sounds Fantastic. Looks simple easy to program...but man It sounds sweet!!
To me an Absolute buy !!!!!!!

Alright giving this a shot then ;)

pjeudy

21 Dec 2015

A demo from SPEO:

Both there devices are on sale so is kiloHearts Faturator for $15

EnochLight

21 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote: Both there devices are on sale so is kiloHearts Faturator for $15
Just saw that. Funny enough, Faturator RE is on sale for the price it was introduced at 2 & 3/4 years ago. :puf_bigsmile: Here's a cool video Speo did demonstrating Faturator as well:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jallen97

22 Dec 2015

Ooo.... I was checking out this RE a bit ago and wondering if it would go on sale. It sounds great!!
Anyone care to chime in on how DSP heavy it is? Like say compared to Antidote?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjeudy

22 Dec 2015

jallen97 wrote:Ooo.... I was checking out this RE a bit ago and wondering if it would go on sale. It sounds great!!
Yea...they almost never go on sale...been waiting eons (2 years) for this to drop to a price that was good for me!

gak

22 Dec 2015

How long? Not in the mood to demo anything right at the moment.

EnochLight

22 Dec 2015

gak wrote:How long? Not in the mood to demo anything right at the moment.
How long will it be on sale? This is the first time since it was released over 2 years ago that the RE has gone on sale. Their home page says that it's a holiday sale, so likely through the end of the week. Maybe next, if they keep it going for New Years. Complete conjecture, though.

EnochLight

22 Dec 2015

jallen97 wrote:Ooo.... I was checking out this RE a bit ago and wondering if it would go on sale. It sounds great!!
Antidote is much more efficient, though YMMV. I created 24 Antidote and each one had a single RPG-8 playing one note at 44.1 Khz and 256 samples without issue. With khs One, I only got 14 doing the same thing.

XysteR

22 Dec 2015

I think back to when Antidote was released. I adored it then and still do now. When KHS One was released I tried it too.. Well, it done nothing special for me, so I passed on it. I think if I was going to hammer my wallet further on a synth, I'd probably buy Oberon. In saying that, I've not really got around to playing with everything I bought in the black Friday sales yet. So my money is staying put.

EnochLight

22 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:I grabbed Faturator. Thought I had enough distortion options... Couldn't resist :)
LOL so did I - just bought it! :puf_bigsmile: :thumbs_up:

gak

22 Dec 2015

Wish I didn't have shitty soundcloud to listen to these examples on :lol: :P

I think I'll try Antidote instead. I just think there more ambienty/electronica/etc type stuff. I've always wanted an excuse to get it.

joeyluck

22 Dec 2015

gak wrote:Wish I didn't have shitty soundcloud to listen to these examples on :lol: :P

I think I'll try Antidote instead. I just think there more ambienty/electronica/etc type stuff. I've always wanted an excuse to get it.
You could demo the VST if you've already used your RE trial

gak

23 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:
gak wrote:Wish I didn't have shitty soundcloud to listen to these examples on :lol: :P

I haven't, but I can only afford one (is that a pun??????) So, I can spend 10 bucks more and get the fantastic/awesome/omg/wow Antidote (which I have no idea why I don't have yet) or this.

XysteR

23 Dec 2015

gak wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

I haven't, but I can only afford one (is that a pun??????) So, I can spend 10 bucks more and get the fantastic/awesome/omg/wow Antidote (which I have no idea why I don't have yet) or this.
The way I see it is: You can't have Reason without Antidote. Remember you also get to route anything you like through it's nice effects section too. It's just one awesome synth in my humble opinion. I've regretted a fair few of my Re synth buys. I've never regretted Antidote. In fact it still surprises me to this day and will do into the future. Get it trialed - I bet you buy it ;)

gak

23 Dec 2015

I've been demoing it for a hour or so, I think you are right. A little hungry (but that is not a big surprise) are you guys saying "ONE" is even more hungry? Eeeek. That's not good.

gak

23 Dec 2015

So, looking more into "one" I don't see what the price used to be. I think antidote is either 109 or 119 iirc.

EnochLight

23 Dec 2015

gak wrote:So, looking more into "one" I don't see what the price used to be. I think antidote is either 109 or 119 iirc.
Khs One is normally $99 USD. It's 30% off right now. When I think Khs One, I think Roland JP-8000 and other subtractive synths. Antidote is quite a bit more versatile IMHO, and a bit lighter on CPU/DSP use.

Still, Khs One sounds amazing for what it does and rates incredibly high throughout the community:

https://ask.audio/articles/review-khs-o ... for-reason

http://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech/ ... one-508227

eXode

23 Dec 2015

gak wrote:So, looking more into "one" I don't see what the price used to be. I think antidote is either 109 or 119 iirc.
Antidote is €139 normally. :)

pjeudy

23 Dec 2015

ANTIDOTE at 79 ...is a great price right now !!

• Information