Rack Extension Re-Tron question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
johnnyM

21 Dec 2015

Howdy all. I'm interested in purchasing the Mellotron Re Re-Tron, but am trying to find out if it is the same as the original M-Tron Pro program/VST it is based on, or a slimmed down version of the original. The original comes loaded with original Mellotron sounds as well as over 300 presets. Anyone have it and able to tell me if it is the same as the original program it is based on? If you have it as well, how have you found it? Thanks for any info!!! John

mguh22

21 Dec 2015

I believe the Re-Tron only uses samples from the The Streetly Tapes Vol 1 for M-Tron Pro - but these are superior to the original M-Tron sounds.

Re-Tron then has a bunch of special presets made within Reason just for the Rack Extension.

At least, that's my understanding of it as a product.

johnnyM

21 Dec 2015

Sounds like it is a semi unique item for Reason users then. Thanks for the reply. I have an email into Propellerhead for a possible clarification of the differences, if any. Peace!

Bonkhead

21 Dec 2015

I think it is better to contact the developer G force, not pheads.

http://www.gforcesoftware.com/rack-exte ... ead-reason

TheMiles

21 Dec 2015

Did you use your trial period ? I know you probably did, just want to make sure :)

johnnyM

21 Dec 2015

Good suggestions all round, and I have contacted both Propellerhead and G Force-no reply as of yet. Didn't realize I could trial it ( feeling silly here), but not sure if this would answer the question since I dont have the original. In any event-thanks for feedback all!!Peace!

• Information