New favorite thing: ABL3saur!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

18 Dec 2015

Not only does the ABL3 sound amazing, it is also incredibly versatile with it's built-in sequencer and random pattern and step record functions. But it is also very handy when using the gate and note CV outs to send the sequencer patterns to other devices. I've been doing this from the beginning to make cool, beefy basslines and leads, but I have a new favorite...

Just take a moment and create an ABL3 and send the CV note and gate outs to the Megasaur. Create some patterns on the ABL3 or just start scrolling through presets. Instant awesomeness! Typically on the ABL3 I am using Devastor2 and/or GClip and often an Echobode for widening.

Works great with some standard leads on Megasaur and Monster Mode sounds pretty cool as well :)

Neko the Jaguar

18 Dec 2015

If you like that, you'll love this.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -recorder/

pjeudy

18 Dec 2015

Neko the Jaguar wrote:If you like that, you'll love this.

The number one reason I would get this device, is to use it with ABL3. I missed that during the sale.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

joeyluck

18 Dec 2015

Neko the Jaguar wrote:If you like that, you'll love this.

Actually the fact that I have ABL3 is the reason I don't have Step. I realize Step has more features, but all I need is step record function which ABL3 has and it works perfectly :)

artotaku

18 Dec 2015

Now it would be nice if the step record button in the custom display could be made remoteable to control it from a midi controller.
I already checked but it is not in the list of remoteable items.

Interesting enough, you can assign keyboard shortcuts to items in the custom display (see keyboard control edit mode in Reason). Unfortunately, there are lots of them but they are not labelled so it´s hard to find out which one is the step record button.
joeyluck wrote:Not only does the ABL3 sound amazing, it is also incredibly versatile with it's built-in sequencer and random pattern and step record functions. But it is also very handy when using the gate and note CV outs to send the sequencer patterns to other devices. I've been doing this from the beginning to make cool, beefy basslines and leads, but I have a new favorite...

Just take a moment and create an ABL3 and send the CV note and gate outs to the Megasaur. Create some patterns on the ABL3 or just start scrolling through presets. Instant awesomeness! Typically on the ABL3 I am using Devastor2 and/or GClip and often an Echobode for widening.

Works great with some standard leads on Megasaur and Monster Mode sounds pretty cool as well :)

GRIFTY

21 Dec 2015

I mean abl is def cool but step is 3x better if you want a sequencer to control other stuff. I've spent a long time trialing both in depth. No doubt abl SOUNDS amazing but step is miles ahead as a sequencer

Skullture

21 Dec 2015

CV-out to any device with ABL3 is very nice but I can't figure out what to do with the "accent-out" on my ABL3. Anyone got an idea?

joeyluck

21 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:CV-out to any device with ABL3 is very nice but I can't figure out what to do with the "accent-out" on my ABL3. Anyone got an idea?
Depending on whatever you would like to send the accent to...
Which would depend upon your particular sequence...

Often when I'm not using these to be sent elsewhere, I'm sending them to the ABL itself.

Sometimes I send the Gate or Accent out to the Cutoff in of the ABL3 itself :)

• Information