Outboard Rig - Worth the bucks ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
semomat

16 Dec 2015

Hi everyone,

christmas coming up, and I thought of getting some new extensions for my Reason Rack, kinda buying me my own present this year :-)

Now as I`m still lacking some REs around mastering, I think about getting the Outboard Bundle for 149 €.
But before spending the money (already got the Synthetic Rig, which is nice, but not outstanding in my eyes ...), I`d like to hear some thoughts / opinions from you guys.
So anyone out there having bought this Bundle ? Is it worth it ? If it helps, I mainly do deep house, tech house, dub tech within reason ...

EDIT: Oh my bad, just found this thread: http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... ard#p30008 dealing with the Outboard Rig ... sorry.

Thanks,
Sem

Gaja

16 Dec 2015

IMO it's worth it. Although I'd prefer if I had more time to actually get into and understand all the possibilities that come with this load of FX. IMO the Selig effects alone would be well worth the 149€. I use gain all over the place and the leveler and de esser are on every vocal production since then.
Then you have the tsar 1r which is a great aounding stereo reverb albeit with less tweakability than the full blown tsar. The DR1 is also fantastic for full and dark reverbs.
If you do lots of mixing in Reason, you will not regret it.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Skullture

16 Dec 2015

It's pretty good. I bought it last summer and I use about 75% of the tools from it. I was surprised with the Bass Enhancer in there. Sounds really good for beefing up bass patches.

challism

16 Dec 2015

It's a no-brainer. Especially if you don't already have the Selig stuff. It's totally worth every penny. You get so much stuff for the price. I use a lot of it, but not all. Had I purchased the ones I use individually, I would have spent much more than the asking price of the bundle. Selig stuff and the Dynamite Compressor alone would run you the price of the bundle, if bought separately, but buying them in the bundle, you get all the rest of the REs for free... is one way to look at it.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

semomat

17 Dec 2015

Hi guys. You got me convinced :). Thanks for your replies, I guess its time this evening to head over to the props shop and finally get it, been looking at this rig quite some time already...

mbfrancis

19 Dec 2015

I'm in the same boat, looking at this...except I already have the Selig De-esser + Gain.
So really I'm getting it for the two reverbs, 4Dyne, and the Ozone. Don't see much use for the other stuff.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information