Somebody needs to organize the Shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Goriila Texas

12 Dec 2015

How about one of you diehard Reason fans help PH out by post all Re's on this forum by category with links/pics to the products and win a sticky. This would help those who are looking to buy Re's but hate going to the shop. More money for props means more money for development of Reason.
Last edited by Goriila Texas on 12 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

12 Dec 2015

Does browsing by category in the shop not work well enough for you? I know many would like to see a sort by price option...

Noel has that spreadsheet... Not sure how up-to-date it is. What exactly are you after?

Goriila Texas

12 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:Does browsing by category in the shop not work well enough for you? I know many would like to see a sort by price option...

Noel has that spreadsheet... Not sure how up-to-date it is. What exactly are you after?
When I search for synth,filter etc... all don't show up. I was looking for a filter and only a few showed up,but the more I dug in the shop the more filter Re I found. Would to see a page I can find specific Re's quickly by category. When I'm looking for a synth I want to see all synths etc...

joeyluck

12 Dec 2015

Goriila Texas wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Does browsing by category in the shop not work well enough for you? I know many would like to see a sort by price option...

When I search for synth,filter etc... all don't show up. I was looking for a filter and only a few showed up,but the more I dug in the shop the more filter Re I found. Would to see a page I can find specific Re's quickly by category. When I'm looking for a synth I want to see all synths etc...
Gotcha. Yeah, much of that is on the developers with the way it works now. The search bar function will look for specific words found on a page, whereas the browse by category function relies on tags assigned by the developers. I've suggested to some developers some tags I thought were missing from their product pages.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

12 Dec 2015

Goriila Texas wrote:How about one of you diehard Reason fans help PH out by post all Re's on this forum by category with links/pics to the products and win a sticky. This would help those who are looking to buy Re's but hate going to the shop. More money for props means more money for development of Reason.
I also feel such a list is necessary. There are now too many devices in the shop, and the way they are grouped in the shop sucks.

Since I have strictly nothing to do this morning, I'll try to make one! :D

Edit: I realize this will take some time! The long part is to make the list itself and to copy/paste all the URLs... The hard part is to decide in which category to put many Rack Extensions...
Last edited by electrochoc (PRX-A) on 12 Dec 2015, edited 3 times in total.
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

Data_Shrine

12 Dec 2015

Not just a list, but I also wish they updated their shop system to accept other currencies than only USD & Euro. It's making everything even more expensive for a lot of people.. my self included.

Goriila Texas

12 Dec 2015

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:How about one of you diehard Reason fans help PH out by post all Re's on this forum by category with links/pics to the products and win a sticky. This would help those who are looking to buy Re's but hate going to the shop. More money for props means more money for development of Reason.
I also feel such a list is necessary. There are now too many devices in the shop, and the way they are grouped in the shop sucks.

Edit: I realize this will take some time! The long part is to make the list itself and to copy/paste all the URLs... The hard part is to decide in which category to put many Rack Extensions...
Thanks bro and good luck!

joeyluck

12 Dec 2015

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:

Again, I believe you can check Noel's spreadsheet and copy and paste from that...

Dante

12 Dec 2015

The problem of have with the shop is that if you view or add a device to your cart, there seems no way to continue in the list where you left off. In my browser the devices are listed 3 abreast. Fair enough. But scrolling downwards occurs every page or two and diverting off to browse a device in detail means returning to the list puts you back at the top. ! Even using the 'back to category' link.

Is this just me or anyone else having this issue ?

Zerosity

12 Dec 2015

Dante wrote:The problem of have with the shop is that if you view or add a device to your cart, there seems no way to continue in the list where you left off. In my browser the devices are listed 3 abreast. Fair enough. But scrolling downwards occurs every page or two and diverting off to browse a device in detail means returning to the list puts you back at the top. ! Even using the 'back to category' link.

Is this just me or anyone else having this issue ?
Open the device details page in a new tab/window so that your original shop list stays where you last scrolled.

Dante

12 Dec 2015

Yeah that works on laptop. Wonder if it works on iPad :)

Still, it would be good to have the shop organised in such as way as to not need a workaround.

Bonkhead

13 Dec 2015

I would like to order the RE list on price, when I have some spare money on the prepaid cc.

eusti

13 Dec 2015

And a wishlist would be great... And some kind of reminder if a RE you're interested in goes on sale...

D.

Makis

13 Dec 2015

The shop is really badly organized. You can't find anything especially if you are new to Rack extensions. :thumbs_down:

MarkTarlton

14 Dec 2015

Makis wrote:The shop is really badly organized. You can't find anything especially if you are new to Rack extensions. :thumbs_down:
I agree, along with most of the other folks here.

For me it's not an issue cuz of my obsessive compulsiveness makes me go to the shop daily, and I study that thing to make sure I'm not missing out on some sale or new device.

The shop feels very outdated to me compared to other online places, and I would also say there is a long list of other stuff too, but we won't get into that in this thread ;-)

joeyluck

14 Dec 2015

Well, Matt/Jiggery-Pokery is doing the best he can with organizing the shop for us.
He just released an update for Combo 310 today...

:P

joeyluck

14 Dec 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:
Makis wrote:The shop is really badly organized. You can't find anything especially if you are new to Rack extensions. :thumbs_down:
I agree, along with most of the other folks here.

For me it's not an issue cuz of my obsessive compulsiveness makes me go to the shop daily, and I study that thing to make sure I'm not missing out on some sale or new device.
We maintain a thread here specifically for that reason :)
http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7491578

• Information