What genre should the Next New Rack Extension be geared for?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
DNA Apocalypse

10 Dec 2015

Just wanted to get an idea of what genre of music/production you guys/gals think the next new rack extension should be created to excel at? I know any great re will be just great for any genre given the producers skills, but just curious what you guys think..... Dubstep, trap, house, rock, scoring, pop?
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

Skullture

10 Dec 2015

You mean a rack extension or a Refill for the Hydronexius?

I suppose another great FM synthesizer wouldn't hurt :) (we want chunky basslines!)

DNA Apocalypse

10 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:You mean a rack extension or a Refill for the Hydronexius?

I suppose another great FM synthesizer wouldn't hurt :) (we want chunky basslines!)
I mean a rack extension......but I am certainly open to suggestions for refills for the Hydronexius!

frog974new

10 Dec 2015

may be soundscape, we can use it for all kind of music after .

Skullture

10 Dec 2015

DNA Apocalypse wrote:

I mean a rack extension......but I am certainly open to suggestions for refills for the Hydronexius!
More than anything I'd like to see a new wavetable synth. To get those eclectic sounds you know :puf_wink:

DNA Apocalypse

10 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:
DNA Apocalypse wrote:

More than anything I'd like to see a new wavetable synth. To get those eclectic sounds you know :puf_wink:
me too!

satyr32

10 Dec 2015

Dub Techno Chords / Ambient Techno Chords & Pads
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

frog974new

10 Dec 2015

it'll be nice to see a Re do stuff like as the Absynth 5 , i'm a big of this synth .

Vince-Noir-99

10 Dec 2015

Hello. I couldn't really name a genre, but areas which aren't much explored as far as instruments/FX at the moment in the shop. Perhaps this could be of inspiration? :)

* Karplus-Strong string synthesis - no need to go too geek
* Physical modelling synthesis - no need to go too geek
* Pitch tracking: audio driven synth/effect ('tuning' comb filters, ring mod's, freq. shifters is soo cool!)
* A simple raw waveshaper with drawable/editable lookup table

Everything as simple as possible, not many knobs, yummy interface. :puf_bigsmile: £££££ :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

avasopht
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2015

Film / game soundtrack!

esselfortium

10 Dec 2015

A really high-end orchestral strings or brass library would be great. Strings with sampled legato note transitions and everything. We don't have anything like that in Reason still, though there's a whole bunch of it in the Kontakt world.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2015

esselfortium wrote:A really high-end orchestral strings or brass library would be great. Strings with sampled legato note transitions and everything. We don't have anything like that in Reason still, though there's a whole bunch of it in the Kontakt world.
+1

And Brass too

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Lov2sing

11 Dec 2015

A-list Bass, Strings, Horns, Banjo, and Violin
General Midi
Vocal Harmonizer
Rewire 2 which goes in both directions
Midi expander to play more than one device in at a time.
Sound Toys
U/A Audio
:geek:
We make music for a reason

Vince-Noir-99

11 Dec 2015

Well, this thread escalated quickly... into a generic wish-list! :lol:
I can't resist then: please, DNA Labs, consider implementing Melodyne/Flex Pitch style editing, and since you're at it, why not round it all up and add a little audio-to-MIDI option? Thanks! :puf_bigsmile:

dana

11 Dec 2015

Vaporwave, of course, with all the subvariants!

Nirude

11 Dec 2015

Not genres - but a synth:
Is there any RE which would come close to the Clavia Nordlead?
I was also thinking about the legend, Roland JP-8000.
Why not the Kawai k5000
3d man.

Vince-Noir-99

11 Dec 2015

+1 for the JP-8000. Just the look of an 8080 in the rack would be so yummy!
Last edited by Vince-Noir-99 on 11 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

pjeudy

11 Dec 2015

avasopht wrote:Film / game soundtrack!
esselfortium wrote:A really high-end orchestral strings or brass library would be great. Strings with sampled legato note transitions and everything. We don't have anything like that in Reason still, though there's a whole bunch of it in the Kontakt world.
PICTURES ARE WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS!

But it has to sound SUPERB !
Last edited by pjeudy on 11 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

JNeffLind

11 Dec 2015

Vince-Noir-99 wrote:Well, this thread escalated quickly... into a generic wish-list! :lol:
I can't resist then: please, DNA Labs, consider implementing Melodyne/Flex Pitch style editing, and since you're at it, why not round it all up and add a little audio-to-MIDI option? Thanks! :puf_bigsmile:

Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes. I understand it's easier said than done, but this seems like a glaring weakness for Reason. Neptune is the only native Reason device that seems to be severely lacking. Seems like most REs these days are slightly redundant in that they make cool stuff easier that would be hard to do with current stock stuff, but still more or less possible with fancy routing, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the way these somewhat "redundant" RE's provide shortcuts and make doing more complex things easier, boosting creativity, opening up doors we'd never use if we had to route ourselves, etc., but it kind of seems like we've got a thousand flavors of artisinal pepper on the table and I just want a damn salt shaker.
Last edited by JNeffLind on 11 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

CharlyCharlzz

11 Dec 2015

DNA Apocalypse wrote:

refills ok :

a hydronoxious funk refill ; with vocochords , vocostrings , guitar hits , Juno pitch tweaked leads bass etc.. , jp8 guitar delay stuff etc..
in other words stuff to make a funk track or g-funk rap beats , french touch électrofunk etc.....

another refill I would need is a classic 90's techno , a Dub ragga one refill for shure !

now I am not against a similar one that hydro SB got , a huge trap , edm and wup wup complementary refill .

Rack Extention idear , all the classic dj fx you can have in one box maybe .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Tumble

11 Dec 2015

dana wrote:Vaporwave, of course, with all the subvariants!
Radical Local Weather Forecast - Featuring 800 Kenny-G sax phrases, hyper time-stretch and an MS-clipart generator.

gullum

11 Dec 2015

just give me a real good guitar amp sim. the RE available are good but not fantastic

gak

11 Dec 2015

gullum wrote:just give me a real good guitar amp sim. the RE available are good but not fantastic
I like you!

Softube is NOT a stellar amp sim company. Kuassa is good, but both creme and vermilion suffer the weird artifact problem overwhelmingly obvious with bent high notes.

I went to a line 6 firehawk in desperation, very pleasantly surprised by how good it is. And no cpu problem (which when you have all those eq/cab/filters/etc starts to become problematic quickly)

And also discovering the PMS-20 has been fab as well. Not sure why I like it so much on guitar compared to other filters, but I really like it.

freeQlow

12 Dec 2015

a liquid dnb
fizmo bass drone
with Purple Unicorn Mechwarrior shooting low frequency photons!
Real electro magnetic style

damasio

21 Dec 2015

Just keep building great sounding tools and let the musicians creatively decide how to use it. Remember the Roland series in the early 80's sure they didn't think about building synths for acid house and detroit techno.

• Information