CV Radio Button with individual Remote buttons?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dioxide

09 Dec 2015

Are there any REs that act as a Radio Button in a similar way to the Matrix does? There are things like Select CV Switch but the buttons cannot be Remote mapped individually, all buttons are effectively a single switch.

I need something like the Matrix or Redrum pattern selection where buttons can be mapped individually but pressing one button deactivates any others.

Thanks in advance if you're able to help with this!

electrofux

10 Dec 2015

If you have a re with momentary buttons you could figure something out with CV-8 and or Modlselsor

dioxide

10 Dec 2015

Thanks I will look into these.

ljekio

10 Dec 2015

Matrix's button isn't buttons but control like some knob.
Buttons in Reason have only 2 positions - on/off.

dioxide

10 Dec 2015

ljekio wrote:Matrix's button isn't buttons but control like some knob.
The Matrix and Redrum buttons can be remote mapped individually. Select CV and Volt SL-1 don't allow this, only Redrum and Matrix.

ljekio

10 Dec 2015

Mm, you right, I dunno about this feature before.
Sorry for misunderstanding.

dioxide

10 Dec 2015

ljekio wrote:Mm, you right, I dunno about this feature before.
Sorry for misunderstanding.
No worries, thanks for trying to help. I'm trying to do something pretty specific and I don't think there is currently a way to do this.

kloeckno

10 Dec 2015

dioxide wrote:
ljekio wrote:Matrix's button isn't buttons but control like some knob.
The Matrix and Redrum buttons can be remote mapped individually. Select CV and Volt SL-1 don't allow this, only Redrum and Matrix.
You can use Redrum for the gate outputs to trigger Zvork's SL-1. I use Thors, but any device that can output individual gate signals can work. Then you just use the Gate Inputs on the SL-1 to select the channel it outputs.

dioxide

10 Dec 2015

Sorry I should have said, I have used a Matrix and Redrum for this but they are locked to the sequencer. I need something that isn't locked to the sequencer but still acts as a radio button for CV.

electrofux

12 Dec 2015

Dont know if that is exactly what you want to do but:

-Take the CV-8, ModPanel8.
-Connect the 8 Faders to the 8 CV Ins of CV 8 and set up the different values you need with the Faders.
-connect the gate out of the momentary buttons on ModPanel 8 to the gate inputs of CV-8
-Whatever remotable mometary gets pressed on the ModPanels creates a trigger out+corresponding value at CV-8s CV-output pair which can be used to further add to this.

That should be a radio button.

dioxide

12 Dec 2015

Thanks, I will check these out and try it.

• Information