Reason December 2015 Deals *the i'ts not over edition*

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

04 Dec 2015

*Oh you thought is was over*
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... &view=grid
december sale.png
december sale.png (70.4 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
december sale 2.png
december sale 2.png (92.23 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
december sale 3.png
december sale 3.png (99.72 KiB) Viewed 1569 times

ect....
Last edited by pjeudy on 05 Dec 2015, edited 2 times in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

JNeffLind

04 Dec 2015

I checked this out and definitely didn't see 100 items on sale. Perhaps they're including each individual item in the various rig bundles towards the count, but in terms of individually priced items, it seemed to be closer to 25-30 items. I didn't count, but definitely not 100...

decibel

04 Dec 2015

theres a lot still on sale but you have to comb through the rack extensions section unfortunately

ie; i just noticed dcam dynamics bundle is on sale for $28

siln

04 Dec 2015

eyes on fet 75 and antidote 79 if I get these im really stocked for a while ... :roll:

Nirude

04 Dec 2015

3d man.

tronam

04 Dec 2015

I could be wrong, but I suspect the Prop shop's December deals page is not fully updated yet. I'm glad to see some of the sales continue, though. There's a few more I wasn't able to pick up over the weekend that I still plan to grab before the year is out.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

pjeudy

04 Dec 2015

No sales from Selig, kilohearts Grrrr... it's a short list hoping more will be added !
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

joeyluck

04 Dec 2015

decibel wrote:theres a lot still on sale but you have to comb through the rack extensions section unfortunately

We do have a thread for keeping track of these things ;)
http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... 80#p224180

Although, this morning I deleted all of the other links when the December Deals was announced.
I just restored them as it seems the Deals page needs a refresh.
I started to list them individually by developer...

For now you might see some repeated from the deal, but not all included in the deal listed a second time in the list.

PS...that DCAM bundle has been on sale since Black Friday ;)

Yonatan

04 Dec 2015

Looking at GQ7 but just as Reasons own spectrum EQ, I do find myself missing a more detailed frequency meter. Are they often that limited? If I can go very narrow with Q-knob and see the flow of audio, I also need to see more precise where I am cutting or boosting. Any other having the same opinion?

satyr32

04 Dec 2015

Exactly the same opinion. Also ElectricPandas Spectrum has the same issue.
I sometimes add a super loud sine at the HZ I want to cut, so I can see better see where the frequency is, but is very tedious.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Yonatan

04 Dec 2015

Another question...about PIANO-sound. I do have both Reason piano refill and Radikal Piano. Now I do see about the Emotionell Piano for €49. I really love the sound of this one, but wonder what is special with it compared to what I already have?
I have just now downloaded my "try"-period but still want to hear some "experts" if that one has something unique or if it can be easily achieved with some tweaking of the other pianos when it comes to "hi damp" etc. What is your opinion?
Is this one comparable with Alan Parsons Imperial Grand Piano refill when it comes to softness? I know they sometimes have it for sale at 15 dollar. Would it be a better choice to wait and get that one instead?
Last edited by Yonatan on 04 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Yonatan

04 Dec 2015

I do see there are ordinary knobs in the GQ7 that do show frequency figures. Those figures changes automatically if I slide through the graphic spectrum.
Last edited by Yonatan on 04 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

JNeffLind

04 Dec 2015

decibel wrote:theres a lot still on sale but you have to comb through the rack extensions section unfortunately

Just realized not everything on sale is listed on the sale page. Still just 34 items on the page linked to the sale banner (including each rig as one item). I guess props will update it eventually. Good to give my wallet a rest I suppose until props webmaster gets his ducks in line...

JNeffLind

04 Dec 2015

Yonatan wrote:Another question...about PIANO-sound. I do have both Reason piano refill and Radikal Piano. Now I do see about the Emotionell Piano for €49. I really love the sound of this one, but wonder what is special with it compared to what I already have?
I have just now downloaded my "try"-period but still want to hear some "experts" if that one has something unique or if it can be easily achieved with some tweaking of the other pianos when it comes to "hi damp" etc. What is your opinion?
Is this one comparable with Alan Parsons Imperial Grand Piano refill when it comes to softness? I know they sometimes have it for sale at 15 dollar. Would it be a better choice to wait and get that one instead?

I've got every piano available for Reason and personally Emotional Piano is my favorite and is the one I always write with. It blows Alan Parsons out of the water. It's not even close. Not saying Parsons piano is terrible. It's serviceable, but is definitely a cut below. (btw if you're interested in a relatively cheap piano check out Granny Piano on sale now for a piano with a lot of character.)

I've got to say though that Emotional Piano is quite limited. While it does one thing VERY well (dark dampened moody piano) it doesn't do anything else very well and while there are different patches with slightly different feels the effects are all built in to the patch and not accessible by the GUI (i.e. you can't adjust the amount of reverb on a given patch, you just get whatever the patch designer decided on, can only adjust pedal noise, key noise, etc.). Reason Pianos is far better overall I'd say. Much more versatile with three different pianos sampled and tons of choices for mic placements on each piano as well as lots of great combinators. Reason Pianos can do a lot more than Emotional Piano, but can't do exactly the same thing. For my personal inspiration, Emotional Piano is worth the money.

Edit: Just revisited emotional piano and might have overstated things here. See my comment further in the thread for some Emo Piano backpedalling.
Last edited by JNeffLind on 08 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Yonatan

04 Dec 2015

Thanks for your input JNeffLind! Will try it out and compare and see how it feels.

Yonatan

04 Dec 2015

Another question! Looking at Loudness meter measurmants but are not so techy about it yet (wanting to learn) but wonder what is your advice between "Flower Audio Loudness Meter" €19 and "RE 128 Loudness Meter" €19 by Red Rock Sound. I need it eventually for both music production and video/broadcast. Can you use either of them? Which you prefer?

pjeudy

04 Dec 2015

Man I really like the sound of emotional piano....I just wish you could turn off any effect on it...and have it dry .

joeyluck

04 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:Man I really like the sound of emotional piano....I just wish you could turn off any effect on it...and have it dry .
I think the factory preset default is without effect?

I don't own it, but made a couple patches when I tried it.
One is a device patch and another a Combinator patch. Dunno...
Joey's Default.repatch.zip
(991 Bytes) Downloaded 36 times
Joey's Default.cmb.zip
(2.07 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

pjeudy

04 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote:
pjeudy wrote:Man I really like the sound of emotional piano....I just wish you could turn off any effect on it...and have it dry .
I think the factory preset default is without effect?

I don't own it, but made a couple patches when I tried it.
One is a device patch and another a Combinator patch. Dunno...
Joey's Default.repatch.zip
Joey's Default.cmb.zip
Joey thanks...I will now spend my trial and see this device closer.

Skullture

04 Dec 2015

damnit damnit Zvork, y u do dis :'(

pjeudy

04 Dec 2015

Also Remember Air Raid Audio will have a FREE freq Splitter

Around Christmas they said.

decibel

04 Dec 2015

joeyluck wrote: Although, this morning I deleted all of the other links when the December Deals was announced.
I just restored them as it seems the Deals page needs a refresh.
I started to list them individually by developer...
i noticed, thats why i mentioned it here ;)

pjeudy

04 Dec 2015

I would love for Dcam to add more features to there Env Shaper...But I gotta say ..I use that device on every kick and percussive sounds! I love it.
DCAM Dynamics Processing bundle
FXpansion
$28.00

Yonatan

05 Dec 2015

Softube tubetech is more or less the same price now as the 3 piece bundle VST plugins.
I think they would have it cheaper for Reason because it only works in one single DAW and cannot be traded if one wish to move to other DAW.
Either they have a cross-deal where you get it on all platforms RE+VST, or they better make RE a better deal. That is my opinion. I want that blue beauty but do hesitate a lot because I might need to use other DAW later on because of video and then I am not going to buy a double up.

TheGodOfRainbows

05 Dec 2015

Yonatan wrote:Looking at GQ7 but just as Reasons own spectrum EQ, I do find myself missing a more detailed frequency meter. Are they often that limited? If I can go very narrow with Q-knob and see the flow of audio, I also need to see more precise where I am cutting or boosting. Any other having the same opinion?
avatarsatyr32 wrote: Exactly the same opinion. Also ElectricPandas Spectrum has the same issue.
I sometimes add a super loud sine at the HZ I want to cut, so I can see better see where the frequency is, but is very tedious.
I'm not sure I understand what you guys are talking about. Do you mean you wish the frequency meter displayed finer/smaller values? For example, instead of 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, etc, do you want it to display 100Hz, 125Hz, 150Hz, 175Hz, 200Hz, 225Hz, etc?

One minor thing I would like is for the spectrum analyzer on/off switch to be on the front of the device, not the back.

Aside from that, I'm trying to decide if the GQ-7 is something I really need since it's on sale. Is this a "must have Re" that I should buy?

• Information