Anyone using AS-16?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

03 Dec 2015

Picked this up in the sale and it's really cool. Way more useful than I would've imagine. One question though. Is it possible to reset the sequence on a MIDI press? I've tried rigging up global envelope out to reset but it kind of just jiggles between the first two or three steps really quickly. Am I derping?

Thanks!

Leighbeater

03 Dec 2015

Yeah I picked it up, I've been waiting for this to go on sale for a while, it's so much fun, hopefully someone does know what you are asking,

also has a remote map been done for this?

MannequinRaces

04 Dec 2015

Love me some AS-16! Don't think it's possible to reset the sequence with a MIDI press. I could be wrong but I don't think I am…

chimp_spanner

04 Dec 2015

Yeah it's really cool - was a bit underwhelmed at first but it's one of those deceptively simple Re's. Gonna be using this a lot. But yeah, shame DLD didn't include this feature. Maybe they could include it in an update, but that might be a tall order!

MannequinRaces

04 Dec 2015

I think that would be a great feature to add! Email them and mention it. :)

chimp_spanner

05 Dec 2015

Already done :)

mattpiper

08 Dec 2015

Love AS-16. I feel like it helps me get more of a modular rig sound and feel. Gets me outside of some of my usual boxes. Was using it with Ochen K.'s A-SERIES modular synth Re's and Thor, and came out with sounds pretty radically different than anything I'd come up with before.

DLDTech

11 Dec 2015

There were some future compatibility issues with automating the playback button when it was originally submitted for approval, and that feature was removed at request of PH.

I will re-visit this issue sometime as I'm not aware of anything in SDK2 that would break if this feature was re-introduced.
Megasaur Supersaw synth now released Follow @DLDTechnology for new stuff!

dana

11 Dec 2015

I like it a lot, i usually set the knobs to random values to create some sort of crazy sequence, then use lectric panda shape to record the cv and then modify it further in that.

Neosaki

12 Dec 2015

Would be great if we could get an update to the octave switch in the future as well. Wish the range was extended to +2 -2 octaves. When using the AS-16 to sequence some of my hardware synthesizers I sometimes can't get the pitch to go low enough, even with the octave setting on the synth as low as it can go.

• Information