Top 5 Rack Extension Sold on Black Friday - Cyber Monday (Rough Result)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Alkua

01 Dec 2015

Base on the Thread: so what did you score this black friday ?
http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7492299

Last comment page 8 by Majestik Monkey. later I update

This is a Rough Result:

1. PMS-20 (23)
2. Devastor 2 & EVE-MP5 (tie 19)
3. Parsec (14)
4. Ladder (12)
5. Megasaur (9, not on sale)

Zero, Pulsar, Reason 8 upgrade, Fat Space, Resampler, Hydronexius, Radical bundle (8)
POP Chord (7)
Deep Reverb, GQ-7, Oberon (6)
Mecury, Tsar-1, Titus, RE70 (5)

The Samples are small but definitely many people bought these REs.

Skullture

01 Dec 2015

Makes sense that a 9EUR extension comes out on top. How about setting up a thread with a poll to vote to determine the best purchase?

Alkua

01 Dec 2015

Skullture wrote:Makes sense that a 9EUR extension comes out on top. How about setting up a thread with a poll to vote to determine the best purchase?
Good idea, but the I think the poll have to be done by an administrator.

About pms-20, just the GUI worth $9+, very good device. Eventhought I didnt buy it because I have etch red.

challism

01 Dec 2015

Alkua wrote:
About pms-20, just the GUI worth $9+, very good device. Eventhought I didnt buy it because I have etch red.
I have etch red, too. And I love it dearly, but it is so CPU heavy, and PMS20 is so light in comparison, I had to buy it for $9. No brainer there. PMS20 has a great sound in both filters and the distortion. I beta tested it and have been missing it ever sense the beta trial disappeared from my rack.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

NaviRetlav

01 Dec 2015

Guys, on the main PH shop page, there is the "Top Rack Extensions" and "Top ReFills" section.
As the ReFill developer I can say that it's not imaginary, it's the actual sales top per day or two ( sometimes it's updated in a weird way ) ;)

joeyluck

01 Dec 2015

Alkua wrote: 5. Megasaur (9, not on sale)
Megasaur was on sale.
It was intro priced from release through the sale weekend for $19.
It is now at regular price for $29.

rcbuse
RE Developer

01 Dec 2015

NaviRetlav wrote:Guys, on the main PH shop page, there is the "Top Rack Extensions" and "Top ReFills" section.
As the ReFill developer I can say that it's not imaginary, it's the actual sales top per day or two ( sometimes it's updated in a weird way ) ;)
I concur

decibel

02 Dec 2015

yeah a poll would be kool, could be hard listing every rack extension though maybe ?

decibel

02 Dec 2015

rcbuse wrote:
NaviRetlav wrote:Guys, on the main PH shop page, there is the "Top Rack Extensions" and "Top ReFills" section.
I concur

so it seems parsec and pop guitars brought in the big bucks for props hq over the weekend then
Attachments
00 popular.png
00 popular.png (181.25 KiB) Viewed 1088 times

gak

02 Dec 2015

Heh, I feel smart. I got 3 out of 5*

*Megasaur was bought before this weekend though, THAT was a no-brainer.

satyr32

02 Dec 2015

WTH. Pulsar? How can it be at top? You can have e.g. Litte LFO for free or you can get Ammo or or or....
I cannot believe someone buys this for 49 Dollar.
I admit I also bought it during a sale long time ago but have not used it a single time.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Ronin

02 Dec 2015

Pulsar was $9 in the sale, i bought it.

satyr32

02 Dec 2015

Ok, nothing wrong with 9, that is fair.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

K1TTENM1TTEN

02 Dec 2015

Although I did not comment on the "what did you pick up" thread I picked up the Reason 8 upgrade, Le Space, and AD 480.

The $9 bin was super tempting, but I just didn't see any of them benefiting any of my current music projects.

As silly as it may sound, there were others that I had wished had been on sale, or cheaper than their sale price. And although I was happy to see Emotional Piano dropped down to $49, I really wish it would have gone down to $29 (the max price of what I would be willing to spend on a sample-based ReFill nowadays). It is hard for me to click the buy button with the restriction of being forced to deal with their reverb algorithms with no way to adjust the amount of dry/wet mix, and thus it was not added to my rack. I truly wish that Reason would get some Native Instruments quality pianos thrown our way, as I am still having a hard time finding a piano on Reason that I am absolutely in love with.

• Information