so what did you score this black friday ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
GRIFTY

28 Nov 2015

I did zero, hydronexius, and korde. Also picked up mingler along with korde, which I don't believe was on sale. $219. Almost bit on that ridiculous bucket brigade jp bundle, and almost bit on the korde bundle + propulsion, but I stopped myself. Didn't want to spend nearly $400 bucks today, I haven't even had that much time to sit down in reason recently between school and work and fallout4

electrofux

28 Nov 2015

PX7 and Tres. And i have to say i am so happy to have bought Tres. Man, i was missing out. This is probably the Synth with the most bite i have in my arsenal. Also the combi patches are really great.

I am a bit overwhelmed by the 200k Refill for Parsec (already got the slim version). Too much stuff. Hard to find the exceptional patches in there. But i love that it is so low on cpu. Have tried FM4 which sounded great but omg it ate my cpu.

K.Markov

28 Nov 2015

Boom 808 bundle. I need to stop now :mrgreen:

Boom 808 - 29 €
step sequencer - 19 €

bundle - 31 €

so: boom 808 - 29 €
step sequencer - 2 €!
:puf_smile:
Last edited by K.Markov on 29 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2015

joeyluck wrote:
mcatalao wrote:
joeyluck wrote: Yes, there are single strums. I wish there were play modes for the single strums ;) (such as retrig or legato)
As it is now, I can't play a new key while holding another. And while in latch mode, you have to wait for the entire chord/note to ring out before the next one can be played. Unless I'm missing something there...
You are right, you cannot play two single strums at the same time (i think you mean single notes because i don't see much logic on hitting multiple chord strumss at the same time??).

But for single notes, i guess you could create 2 A-Lists. It's a Ram burden, but you could record your performance to an audio track and then delete the single note a-lists.
Sorry for the confusion.
I'm simply looking for better playability with the single hits. I don't need multiple strums or multiple notes to sound at the same time. I just want it to feel more natural when I play on the keyboard. Whereas now, if I play a key too soon before releasing the other, the new note/strum will not be triggered/played.

You gave me an idea though... I thought Distributor might come in handy for now using multiple units (where it alternates between two). However, when I hook up a Distributor, give it MIDI focus and hit any key; both A-Lists go to 'silent' and are stuck there. Not sure why. I might be overlooking something.

Yes its how I thought... you do not insert chords with cv, so when you have distributor connected select the chords they are going into alist trough cv. Idea: create a combi and in the programmer define different layers for the distributor and the 2 alists. That way what you do with one hand will be sent as cv by the distributor and you can keep doing chords with the other hand.

Sent from my HUAWEI G750-U10 using Tapatalk

nscerri

28 Nov 2015

Parsec :)

DiZo

28 Nov 2015

synapse RM1, synapse fat space,zvork noxious, soundiron emotionnal piano here

adfielding

28 Nov 2015

No REs for me this year, I think I've got enough gizmos in Reason... for now ;)

O1B

28 Nov 2015

People, Ill tell you what'fer… after 'going outside', going 'Analog' (Roland, Korg, Blocks, n Pots, Pans), and getting my ears 'straight', REason's Pots and Pans STILL gives that … niceness - and systematic COntrol… to it all.

Thanks to ALL the RE developers who get REs! You have my $$ so you know…
more….
Executioner Dj Mixer
Rack Extension
LAB:ONE RECORDINGS

Propulsion Drum Sequencer
Rack Extension
Lectric Panda LLC

Step Note Recorder
Rack Extension
Robotic Bean AB

A Navi CombiFill or two, Cybervox, and a trial of that AD 480…. still don't have Repulix, … Lord.

I can bear listening to my music now! Yes!

EnochLight

28 Nov 2015

I picked up D16's Devastor2. I figured for $25, I couldn't pass it up! ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pjeudy

28 Nov 2015

EnochLight wrote:I picked up D16's Devastor2. I figured for $25, I couldn't pass it up! ;)
And it sounds great !!!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

CharlyCharlzz

28 Nov 2015

hydronoxious and synthetic rig , I wanted vectro and predator so much but had to pass on it until next time .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Tumble

28 Nov 2015

Piano lessons (birthday gift)

Still unsure about what to buy. I'm thinking I'll just buy some Samplemagic packs.

edit: bought Vinyl & Tape Drum Machines
double edit: caved in and bought Propulsion. Time to retire Redrum.
Last edited by Tumble on 29 Nov 2015, edited 2 times in total.

ezelkow1

28 Nov 2015

electrofux wrote: I am a bit overwhelmed by the 200k Refill for Parsec (already got the slim version). Too much stuff. Hard to find the exceptional patches in there. But i love that it is so low on cpu. Have tried FM4 which sounded great but omg it ate my cpu.
Ooh, where is this 200k refill you speak of? :)

In total got
RPDistort, RPVerb, Korde Sequencer, Parsec, Mercury, Le Space, Devastor

Having alot of fun with parsec though, didnt know much of what to expect buying it blindly but Im glad I did. Very different yet also easy to use

chimp_spanner

28 Nov 2015

I'd already bought a lot of stuff earlier this year for work (like Parsec, Zero, etc) but still, I managed to get;

REQ131
AS-16 Analog Sequencer
Ladder Multi-Mode Filter

Also picked up some Toontrack stuff for Cubase (Rock Solid, Rock and Made of Metal because it was just too cheap not to!)

East Island

28 Nov 2015

I bought a lot this time;

Zero Hybrid Synthesizer
Revolution Virtual Surround
Propulsion Drum Sequencer
Spektrum Signal Monitor
Pop Chords A-List Electric Guitarist

Play time ;)
A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

freeQlow

28 Nov 2015

for reason I ended up with
Yoko band splitter
pms 20 filter
Eve MP5 EQ
Titus Delay Line
Devastor 2, multi band
Hydronexus Synth

Happy but my cup isn't full!

joeyluck

28 Nov 2015

EnochLight wrote:I picked up D16's Devastor2. I figured for $25, I couldn't pass it up! ;)
Did the rack ears grow on ya? :)

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

28 Nov 2015

XLN Audio ... 2 more ADPaks... couldn't resist, got most of AD2 now, so hopefully will be bringing some fresh drumloops to you guys in the near future, through our processing units for unique sounds too :D

Blast

28 Nov 2015

Radical bundle
A-List Pop Guitarist
Hydronexus
Bucket Brigade Bundle (not on sale)
Pulsar
Tsar1
Auto Theory
Pms 20
D16 Devastor
And now I am broke haha.
Last edited by Blast on 28 Nov 2015, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

28 Nov 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Hah! Naaa, those still look like shit IMHO. But the device sounds sweet, and I've already used it on my bass guitar in a track I'm working on, so it paid for itself in the first 15 minutes of me owning it. :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

freeQlow

28 Nov 2015

O1B wrote: Propulsion
Yes!
After an intro like that, I know you're going to be in electro/modular/synth Heaven!

Way to Go Man!

joeyluck

28 Nov 2015

EnochLight wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Hah! Naaa, those still look like shit IMHO. But the device sounds sweet, and I've already used it on my bass guitar in a track I'm working on, so it paid for itself in the first 15 minutes of me owning it. :)
Ah, well to each their own I guess.

I feel it makes them unique and feel more like real gear in the rack. Their Silverline has never been rack-mountable lol, thus rack ears must be installed :) It's a nice size for an effects unit and sits nicely in an Insert section. Gives separation.

For reference, here is the Devastor2 VST on top of the RE:
Devastor RE+VST.png
Devastor RE+VST.png (267.71 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
1 more rack unit larger while maintaing rack dimensions and UI layout gives you this:
Devastor-expanded.png
Devastor-expanded.png (287.36 KiB) Viewed 1678 times
Sorry, not trying to get a debate going...I know I started it back up lol. Just saying I want D16 to give us all their plugins as quickly as possible without the Rack Extension format seeming like a huge pain to them and an exception to the norm in more ways than necessary.

Congrats on your purchase and track! :)

TheMiles

28 Nov 2015

couldn't resist, so my list expanded a bit.. Now Its
1. LeSpace
2. Creme
3. Devastor 2

I have many distortion units already, but Devastor ist just too good...So i stopped resisting and decided to spend some more.

dustmoses

28 Nov 2015

Snakebite
Tres
Etch red
Parsec
pulsar
Antidote
Synapse af-4 filter

evolve187

28 Nov 2015

After a brief props website outage, I finally pulled the trigger and bought Antidote and Devastor 2.

Time to play!
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

https://soundcloud.com/terry-wilson-music

• Information