Elements - RE & Bundle Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

14 Nov 2015

Hi,

After many months of excessive tweakage, I'm very happy to announce that our new plugin series is finally ready for release.
Elements - In Line.png
Elements - In Line.png (120.02 KiB) Viewed 1669 times
About Elements.

Elements is a series of mini devices derived from our Triad Multiband series. Each device has been carefully crafted to isolate and enhance specific “elements” of Triad, and integrate together modularly, through stereo CV modulation and slick, unified design.

Used either as standalone devices or as part of a modular or multiband setup, each Element is an exceptionally creative tool for sound designers and musicians alike.

Whether you're after wild and wicked sounds or a fresh array of bread-and-butter micro effects, Elements are simple yet versatile enough to become a staple in any Reason-heads arsenal. They are, after all, elementary.

A fully modular multiband and stereo system.

At the heart of Elements is the first of our two “Red” devices: Splitter (a multiband splitter and stereo utility).
While Triad was praised for its clean multiband and M/S integration, such effects were limited in that they could only be applied at pre-determined points within the signal chain. Elements takes things one step further by allowing you to insert such effects wherever, and as often, as you like. Signals can be split and re-split, overly-wide chorus effects can be drawn back into the centre of the audio field—the possibilities are endless.

Flexible stereo modulation.

Triad is not just about splitting bands, but also about stereo modulation, and we’ve brought this back and then some in Elements with the second of our “Red” devices, DS-LFO (a “dual-stereo” LFO).

DS-LFO features two stereo LFOs whose individual or combined CV outputs can be assigned to modulate any parameters of any other Reason device. To fully make use of this unique feature, most Elements offer both mono and stereo CV modulation inputs.

This is an exclusive implementation which truly embraces Reason’s modular concept and allows for effects which were impossible... until now.

Oh, and by the way...

Both of these "Red" devices will be entirely free for all Reason users. Image

All other Elements will be priced at $19.00 per device, and all eight can be had for just $99.00, i.e., six for (roughly) the price of five, in addition to the two freebies.

Release date?

Elements will release very shortly, but I wanted to give everybody a few days heads-up first, as we'll be launching a competition at the same time.

(More on this in a bit... )

And finally.

Audio demos:

Screen caps (There are clearly too many CV inputs on these things!):
Elements - Full Rack (Front & Back).jpg
Elements - Full Rack (Front & Back).jpg (638.56 KiB) Viewed 1669 times

Cheers,
Dom — AirRaid Audio
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

robgs

14 Nov 2015

Looks great
:reason: :record: :refill: :reload: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Majestik Monkey

14 Nov 2015

Yeh ' The Elements , i was very impressed with the Quality of the Filter & Chorus & i am pleased you have opened up the option to buy them separately rather than it being a Pure Bundle .. & thats' a nice supprise Two Free Ones :puf_bigsmile:

michal22

14 Nov 2015

Very nice. Miss me yet, env generator module, along with trig option. I like simple and transparent device, not overloaded combines. I like to decide on my chain.
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Exowildebeest

14 Nov 2015

Looks like a fantastic all in one toolbox for people just starting out - and people who love visually standardized tools.

Compliments on the GUI design, really well done!

TheMiles

14 Nov 2015

looks like a perfect starter kit for Reason Essential users (and maybe for me when I get the money). Very nice GUIs, lots of CV functionality as it appears!

Alveek

14 Nov 2015

Nice. Wanna try.

Shokstar

14 Nov 2015

The Reece sound example was great. What I want to know is, was it made with one instance of the Lo-Fi RE?

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

14 Nov 2015

Shokstar wrote:The Reece sound example was great. What I want to know is, was it made with one instance of the Lo-Fi RE?
It was made with a combination of Elements and stock Reason effects. But you'd have to ask Odarmonix for a more comprehensive answer, as it was contributed by him. I suspect there may have been and instance or two of Chorus or Phaser involved.
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

odarmonix

14 Nov 2015

Sharing the effect combi I made for this demo would be better than a detailed answer, although it obviously would be a pointless thing to do right now as the Elements REs aren't out yet ... but basically : the Lo-Fi device hasn't been used here, a Distort device was used instead to add some grit. The FX chain indeed also includes two Chorus instances as well as a Phaser and a bunch of Filters being subject to some crazy CV modulation (done via 3 DS-LFOs). Stock devices in use include Spider Audios, a Line Mixer, a BV512 vocoder and two Scream 4s set to Tape mode.

Shokstar

15 Nov 2015

odarmonix wrote:Sharing the effect combi I made for this demo would be better than a detailed answer, although it obviously would be a pointless thing to do right now as the Elements REs aren't out yet ... but basically : the Lo-Fi device hasn't been used here, a Distort device was used instead to add some grit. The FX chain indeed also includes two Chorus instances as well as a Phaser and a bunch of Filters being subject to some crazy CV modulation (done via 3 DS-LFOs). Stock devices in use include Spider Audios, a Line Mixer, a BV512 vocoder and two Scream 4s set to Tape mode.

how was the DSP usage for this Combinator Patch?

odarmonix

17 Nov 2015

Shokstar wrote:how was the DSP usage for this Combinator Patch?
Sorry for the late reply, my internet was completely broken.

AFAIK the beta isn't completely over and the devices may not have been fully optimized yet, it could be too soon to give you a definitive answer. All I can say for now is that it takes about 2 DSP bars on my AMD FX 8350 at 88.2 KHz, which doesn't seem excessive to me for a fairly complex combi that contains 20 devices in total.

Shokstar

17 Nov 2015

sounds good to me :) 2 dsp bars isn´t that much.

• Information