Rack Extension that we are still waiting for

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
avasopht
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2015

I actually created a peak processing RE about a year and a half ago (which, when abused becomes a distortion effect), but have been on and off making improvements on the lookahead function as well as developing the mechanics.

pedrocaetanos

17 Nov 2015

Lizard wrote:I'll drop a note on the one of Re that's mine in this thread for information purposes. I am developing ThreeP. I am a lowly IDT developer learning his way with scripting and IDT design. For me it is a learning experience and I learn new things every time i dig in the code. I also have a full time job, a family to support and construction of my man=cave/personal studio in my back yard so those things kinda slow production down. If the return on Re development were on par with my job it would definitely be done at this point. I was probably 90% complete with original design and then rethought my project. But I have not given up just taken a slight turn....

Originally it was mostly going to be a modifiable sample machine with a ton of presets. But as I learned a few things I started to realize that I probably could closely mimic the JX-3P using what IDT had to offer. So now I'm on that route. So far so good with the time I've got into it but until time to go. On top of that when I get an idea for something I have to start it to appease my curiosity so I have about 6 project going on at the moment. Will they happen? Dunno... I'd love to share them conceptually but as this thread does show people may construe that they WILL happen and that is a hard thing to say. As many of the projects I see in this thread are independents like me I sympathize with the delay. ThreeP will not be completed by year's end. Pretty sure about that. However Q1 next year I have hope. I'm hoping I'll get some free time soon. Thanks for the interest and concern of its status.
Thanks for the public update Mike, but now you face a crowd of angry fans! ;)
Well, I sympathize with your lack of time and fascination for new projects.
And indeed the turn you gave on THR33-P seems a very interesting one... but the roadmap timeline is scary! :)
I suppose we'll just have to wait... let's make a deal: you finish this one, even if it takes long, and in the meanwhile we stop complaining... ? ;)
Oh and let's not forget Simmons SDX... :D
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Aquila

02 Dec 2015

Lizard wrote:I'll drop a note on the one of Re that's mine in this thread for information purposes. I am developing ThreeP. I am a lowly IDT developer learning his way with scripting and IDT design. For me it is a learning experience and I learn new things every time i dig in the code. I also have a full time job, a family to support and construction of my man=cave/personal studio in my back yard so those things kinda slow production down. If the return on Re development were on par with my job it would definitely be done at this point. I was probably 90% complete with original design and then rethought my project. But I have not given up just taken a slight turn....

Originally it was mostly going to be a modifiable sample machine with a ton of presets. But as I learned a few things I started to realize that I probably could closely mimic the JX-3P using what IDT had to offer. So now I'm on that route. So far so good with the time I've got into it but until time to go. On top of that when I get an idea for something I have to start it to appease my curiosity so I have about 6 project going on at the moment. Will they happen? Dunno... I'd love to share them conceptually but as this thread does show people may construe that they WILL happen and that is a hard thing to say. As many of the projects I see in this thread are independents like me I sympathize with the delay. ThreeP will not be completed by year's end. Pretty sure about that. However Q1 next year I have hope. I'm hoping I'll get some free time soon. Thanks for the interest and concern of its status.
As a JX3P owner, I'm very excited at the prospect of a fully controllable RE version given that the 3P's MIDI capabilities are terrible lol.
Sure, Roland have just re-released the Boutique JX-03, but personally I still prefer the idea of it being in my rack ;)

I wish you all the best with your development, and if you don't have a 3P youself I'd be happy to provide some samples.

• Information