Mercury 4 Voice Polyphonic Arpeggiator *UPDATE* 1.5.0

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

05 Nov 2015

Version 1.5.0
Fixed the Pitch -> Octave Knob which counted 5 steps instead of 7
Added PolyCV output support.
This makes Mercury a kick ass Arpeggiator to me ...no need to hook up 3-4-5 Antidotes or any other synth for Poly !!! this is how it should be!!!!!
I bought this a while back , but always having to set up multiple Synth for a single Poly Arp (if that's what I wanted) kinda killed the vibe for me.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

challism

05 Nov 2015

Cool! I don't have Mercury, but have always looked at it with some interest. Perhaps I should try it out soon. I wonder if it will go on sale for Black Friday.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

pjeudy

05 Nov 2015

challism wrote:Cool! I don't have Mercury, but have always looked at it with some interest. Perhaps I should try it out soon. I wonder if it will go on sale for Black Friday.
every developer should go on sale ...that would kill everyone's wallet :D
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

electrochoc (PRX-A)

05 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Version 1.5.0
This makes Mercury a kick ass Arpeggiator to me ...no need to hook up 3-4-5 Antidotes or any other synth for Poly !!! this is how it should be!!!!!
I bought this a while back , but always having to set up multiple Synth for a single Poly Arp (if that's what I wanted) kinda killed the vibe for me.
But isn't it supposed to mean that Mercury will work "poly" only with a synth capable of receiving PolyCV data? Up to now, only Zero and the Blamsoft modular synth components have PolyCV capabilities... and not Antidote.

But this is a good move: PolyCV is starting to reach the shop, and current devices start to be updated to include those features... Maybe one day PolyCV will be common...
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

DinoJ

06 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Version 1.5.0
I felt the same about Mercury but absolutely loved using it so persevered, then when MoPol came out, I just setup a combinator with nothing but Mercury and MoPol in it, with the the 4 outs of Mercury wired to the inputs on MoPol and then just use the A gate/note output on MoPol to whatever you want, at least then this could be save with all it done and ready to go.

Not tried this new Poly CV out feature yet to see if it does same thing but assuming it does?

Goriila Texas

06 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Version 1.5.0
Thinking of getting an arp for Reason is this the best option and why?

Goriila Texas

06 Nov 2015

DinoJ wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
Version 1.5.0
I felt the same about Mercury but absolutely loved using it so persevered, then when MoPol came out, I just setup a combinator with nothing but Mercury and MoPol in it, with the the 4 outs of Mercury wired to the inputs on MoPol and then just use the A gate/note output on MoPol to whatever you want, at least then this could be save with all it done and ready to go.

Not tried this new Poly CV out feature yet to see if it does same thing but assuming it does?
Let me ask you then I guess the OP guy is too busy to answer my question. I'm looking for an arpeggiator for Reason would you rate this one as far as feature set to be one of if not the best.

pjeudy

06 Nov 2015

Goriila Texas wrote: I guess the OP guy is too busy to answer my question.
LOL.....Nah...don't think like that :puf_smile:
Other then Predator ? Yes for me it's the Best Arp for REASON right now! But it's just my opinion.
The Arp found in ANTIDODE are all pre-programmed and extremely limited.. :thumbs_down:
The Arp out in QUAD is limited compared to PREDATOR
So right now Mercury and Predator Arp ...ar the best in REASON!

take a look at the specs:
Polyphonic Arpeggiator: Fully featured apreggiator with Range, Pitch / Transpose, Gate and Shuffle (controls similar to those of RPG-8).
Chord Matrix: A very intuitive way to "design" chords, chord variations and custom apreggiations.
Scale Conforming: Conform all played notes to a specific key or scale.
Auto-Chord: A Yamaha style Auto chord function, for playing chords easy.
Latch Mode: Press a chord momentarily and Mercury will keep playing until you hit the same chord again.
CV Friendly: Apply custom tweaks to the chord sequencer for up to 4 different parameters. Each one will be exported simoultaneously to all target instruments.
Other Features: ... such as dedicated section for velocity handling, the ability to run through the chord matrix sequencer steps using external CV and more...

Goriila Texas

06 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Other then Predator ? Yes for me it's the Best Arp for REASON right now! But it's just my opinion.
The Arp found in ANTIDODE are all pre-programmed and extremely limited.. :thumbs_down:

Polyphonic Arpeggiator: Fully featured apreggiator with Range, Pitch / Transpose, Gate and Shuffle (controls similar to those of RPG-8).
Chord Matrix: A very intuitive way to "design" chords, chord variations and custom apreggiations.
Latch Mode: Press a chord momentarily and Mercury will keep playing until you hit the same chord again.
CV Friendly: Apply custom tweaks to the chord sequencer for up to 4 different parameters. Each one will be exported simoultaneously to all target instruments.
Other Features: ... such as dedicated section for velocity handling, the ability to run through the chord matrix sequencer steps using external CV and more...
Ok thanks that's what I was looking for!

pjeudy

06 Nov 2015

Goriila Texas wrote:
pjeudy wrote:

Ok thanks.
...here's an unfinished track I made with Mercury on May,5,2014 :oops: Every sound Bass,Leads,Pad,Arp are all Mercury.... why on Earth did I make it this long :shock:

Goriila Texas

06 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Goriila Texas wrote:
pjeudy wrote:

Ok thanks.
...here's an unfinished track I made with Mercury on May,5,2014 :oops: Every sound Bass,Leads,Pad,Arp are all Mercury.... why on Earth did I make it this long :shock:

Sounds good!

dioxide

07 Nov 2015

Looking forward to seeing more devices with Poly CV. All stock devices should have this in R9 also.

jonheal

07 Nov 2015

dioxide wrote:Looking forward to seeing more devices with Poly CV. All stock devices should have this in R9 also.
What is Poly CV?
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

dioxide

07 Nov 2015

jonheal wrote:
dioxide wrote:Looking forward to seeing more devices with Poly CV. All stock devices should have this in R9 also.
What is Poly CV?
http://blamsoft.com/polycv/

gphg

07 Nov 2015

PolyCV on Mercury doesn't work for me.
(But Mercury + MoPol PolyCV Merger does work)

Reason 7.1.1 Windows 10 home 64bit

kloeckno

07 Nov 2015

gphg wrote:PolyCV on Mercury doesn't work for me.
(But Mercury + MoPol PolyCV Merger does work)

Reason 7.1.1 Windows 10 home 64bit
You need to plug the Poly CV cables into a RE that supports it, and unfortunately at the moment only Blamsoft's Zero and Polymodular synths support it. MoPol has a normal CV/Gate output like most Reason devices. It allows pseudo-polyphonic triggering, but it doesn't allow separate on/off triggering when you hold a chord and release some of the notes. It can make chords but they're all held and released at the same time in other words. Kind of like a piano player with really stiff hands! :lol:

gphg

07 Nov 2015

Thank you :thumbs_up:

pjeudy

07 Nov 2015

Hi,

The PolyCV Note / Gate jacks use Blamsoft’s PolyCV protocol. An instrument should implement this protocol as a receiver to work with Mercury.

Connecting these outlets to normal CV / Gate jacks will produce no sensible results. You can use the classic CV out gates (connect 4 synths / one per pair) or you can use the PolyCV breakout box which is free from the propellerhead shop.

Kind Regards
Theo – Quadelectra.
Zero is the way to go !!

PhutureD

08 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Version 1.5.0
Polycv out is what this device need. thanks for the update!

• Information