JPS Harmonic Synthesizer RE

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Nov 2015

selig wrote:
Curious what the oversampling affects?
:)
Just the oscillators.

I'm finding I leave Oversampling on 2x during production, so that's the default (and not saved with patch), but it can be turned off to save extra CPU during the creation stage if required; then I've been turning it to 8x for export rendering, since playback ability doesn't matter during export.

Essentially I've allowed full flexibility in being able to scale it to the user's CPU. So while personally I wouldn't use a poly of more then 8-12, 6 is generally enough, but it can go to 64 should you ever own a computer with enough dilithium crystals can handle it.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

17 Nov 2015

AJ_3000 wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:That's one beautiful looking RE!
+1 Lovely job :thumbs_up:
eusti wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:
I was curious enough to try it. Not sure I like it, though it might be that I'm just not used to it after eight months of the original look...
hs_shadetest.png
I think it's a bit easier to navigate this way.

D.
+1
Too late for a change if it's due soon? JP will likely have had much feedback from regular users prompting the change so I am perfectly happy to trust his iinstincts
I'm happy to leave the shading in if the preference is for that, that's why I thought to try it out ;)

joeyluck

17 Nov 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
ScuzzyEye wrote:
kloeckno wrote:So I'm guessing its not an IDT device? Based on the fact that JP said there were CV inputs, which is great since I'm a huge fan of CV! It does look quite interesting, and I enjoy synths with character.
JP posted a picture of the back of the device on FB. Yeah, there are a few CV inputs.
This is awesome! But admittedly quite a bit to look at. Maybe doing something with alternating background shades would help?

But I could probably manage without
I was curious enough to try it. Not sure I like it, though it might be that I'm just not used to it after eight months of the original look...
hs_shadetest.png
Thanks for entertaining the idea! And putting in the work to see how it would look!

I am of course a fan :) I think it makes it easier to navigate and gives it a cool look.

tiker01

17 Nov 2015

I think it is easier to distinguish spots on the shaded version. However, it might be better to have the darker colour as the base of the back plate so you have only two shades instead of three.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

pedrocaetanos

17 Nov 2015

I must say Mattt, you are starting to gather an impressive collection oj JMJ REs :)
Can't wait for the next one ;)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

anko

17 Nov 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote: Hear You Scream was all the JPS
super cool track man, made me want this synth, crunchy and delicious! ;)

miscend

12 Dec 2015

Is this another sample based RE or is it a proper synth?

eXode

12 Dec 2015

miscend wrote:Is this another sample based RE or is it a proper synth?
It is not IDT based, if that is what you mean.

miscend

12 Dec 2015

eXode wrote:
miscend wrote:Is this another sample based RE or is it a proper synth?
It is not IDT based, if that is what you mean.
good news! cant wait.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

13 Dec 2015

Yes, eXode is right. It's a bespoke, hand-coded synthesizer.

We won't make it out before Xmas as we've done a fair bit of tweaking, and it's getting some robust testing which has thrown up a couple of errors we need fix.

• Information