Update all RE at once

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Jascha

30 Oct 2015

Hi,

how can I update all my Rack Extensions at once? I know, there are almost no updates, because they take the cash and give a damn about the user, but I'm tired to look up every RE in the shop and compare the version number.

The damn Authorizer doesnt show any update information too.

I have Reason 7 on Mac OSX

thank you

Jascha

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2015

So did you have a question or simply want to dump?

BTW I updated two REs just today
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Gaja

30 Oct 2015

https://www.propellerheads.se/user/products/
Open the Rack extensions tab and press sync all.
I disagree with your accusations.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

pedrocaetanos

30 Oct 2015

And even if you don't want to sync all, also on https://www.propellerheads.se/user/products/, just search for the ones that say "UPDATE" instead of "DOWNLOAD"
And it says the new version that will be upgraded to.
In all, the whole system works very well, as user friendly as a mobile phone online store.

Regarding cash and caring about users... in reality you are paying for what exists at the moment, and the most you can demand is bug fixes.
There is no obligation from the dev to release new features.
Many REs have never been updated, but also many others had more than one update, with loads of new features, most of them unpaid upgrades. I can only remember 2 or 3 paid upgrades.

Some devs have better marketing and user user care than others, and it's up to the market to select the best ones. And there are some that excel in customer care (as well as product quality), putting to shame many bigger software companies.
Sometimes with prices that obviously could never allow them to live out of this (working for passion).

You make a too broad and unfair accusation.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

30 Oct 2015

pedrocaetanos wrote:And even if you don't want to sync all, also on https://www.propellerheads.se/user/products/, just search for the ones that say "UPDATE" instead of "DOWNLOAD"
In all, the whole system works very well, as user friendly as a mobile phone online store.
But it should be noted that the 'sync all' option is not going to resync any current version of a RE you already have.
It will only download and sync those new versions you do not have.

doctecazoid

30 Oct 2015

joeyluck wrote:
pedrocaetanos wrote:And even if you don't want to sync all, also on https://www.propellerheads.se/user/products/, just search for the ones that say "UPDATE" instead of "DOWNLOAD"
But it should be noted that the 'sync all' option is not going to resync any current version of a RE you already have.
...but am I correct in assuming that if I:

a) Launch Authorizer and delete all rack extensions shown;
b) Go to https://propellerheads.se and log in to my account;
c) Select Products from my account dropdown (not the link along the top edge of the browser);
d) Select the Rack Extensions "tab" to see the list of all the the rack extensions I have "purchased";
e) and finally Click the Sync All button;

... that doing this will force a re-sync of all my Rack Extensions and licenses?

Exowildebeest

30 Oct 2015

Jascha wrote:Hi,

how can I update all my Rack Extensions at once? I know, there are almost no updates, because they take the cash and give a damn about the user, but I'm tired to look up every RE in the shop and compare the version number.

The damn Authorizer doesnt show any update information too.

I have Reason 7 on Mac OSX

thank you

Jascha
You don't have to "compare version number" - if you're logged in and view the store, it'll say "free update" on RE's that you haven't updated.

avasopht
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2015

doctecazoid wrote: ...but am I correct in assuming that if I:

c) Select Products from my account dropdown (not the link along the top edge of the browser);
d) Select the Rack Extensions "tab" to see the list of all the the rack extensions I have "purchased";

... that doing this will force a re-sync of all my Rack Extensions and licenses?
Yes. Joey just meant that if will not re-download already synced REs.

tronam

31 Oct 2015

After 6 years I finally upgraded to a new computer and decided to start from a clean slate, so it was my first real opportunity to try a ground zero "Sync All". All 65 of my rack extensions were downloaded and synchronized in less than 45 seconds. Pretty slick.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

gak

31 Oct 2015

tronam wrote:After 6 years I finally upgraded to a new computer and decided to start from a clean slate, so it was my first real opportunity to try a ground zero "Sync All". All 65 of my rack extensions were downloaded and synchronized in less than 45 seconds. Pretty slick.
I congratulate you on how fast your net connection is.

It worked here in a couple of "clean" win10 updates I've done on my computers w/o a hitch (though I certainly don't have THAT fast a connection! :lol: )

Question, are you in Australia? (that seems to be one area people are having the most problems)

tronam

31 Oct 2015

I'm based out of the pacific northwestern united states, but I should note that all of my rack extensions are either effects or synthesizer instruments, so no large sample-based downloads. My internet connection is in the 20Mb/s range on average, so not too fast. Regardless, the elegance of Propellerhead's RE system in this respect brought a smile to my face. In contrast, rebuilding my AU/VST folders is not something I'm looking forward to at all; it's going to take days.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

pedrocaetanos

02 Nov 2015

joeyluck wrote:
avasopht wrote:
doctecazoid wrote: ...but am I correct in assuming that if I:

Yes. Joey just meant that if will not re-download already synced REs.
I''m lost. Synced means what, then? :)
To me it means "up-to-date", including 2 scenarios:
- REs I have, but not yet installed on the computer, are downloaded
- REs I already installed on the computer, but are outdated, the new versions are downloaded
Although I never tested the behavior in meticulous detail... is the behavior different from what I'm assuming?
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

02 Nov 2015

It sounds like everybody is on the same page :)
Again, it will not download anything that is already up-to-date. That would be incredibly inefficient and annoying.

• Information