Devastor2 from D16 is in the shop (€39.00)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

03 Nov 2015

Finally......will download and try!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

stefan

03 Nov 2015

Unfortunately, there is still an issue. Try changing the clipper value to crossover of any patch and then save the patch. When loading the patch several times in a row, every other time the crossover appears to use the TANH setting even though it is not reflected in the display.
You can easily hear the difference.

I reported the issue to D16.

bsp

03 Nov 2015

You're right. It's not that easy to reproduce (here) but I managed to trigger the bug a couple of times now by switching back and forth between Devastor patches (.repatch).

I have not yet managed to reproduce it via Combinator patches, though.

pjeudy

03 Nov 2015

Propellerhead or D16 must have removed downloading this device...because bugs still persist..I'm getting a never before seen error message when trying to download this...sigh*..More wait :-(
Attachments
prop shop error.png
prop shop error.png (5.4 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

pjeudy

03 Nov 2015

Tincture wrote:You must be devastated... Or devasted??
:D

Majestik Monkey

03 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:Propellerhead or D16 must have removed downloading this device...because bugs still persist..I'm getting a never before seen error message when trying to download this...sigh*..More wait :-(
Nice track Pjeudy , Good clean cut Mix & everything sounding warm ! :P

pjeudy

04 Nov 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:
pjeudy wrote:Propellerhead or D16 must have removed downloading this device...because bugs still persist..I'm getting a never before seen error message when trying to download this...sigh*..More wait :-(
Nice track Pjeudy , Good clean cut Mix & everything sounding warm ! :P
Hey..thanks man ! I'm waiting for the final build/release of Primal Audio Ladder filter to go back to it, since I used it on this track.

miscend

04 Nov 2015

Does anyone have an audio demo of this device which is not on a 303 bassline?

I'm trying to figure out how this will fit in amongst the multitude of other distortion rack extensions I already have. It sounds to me like it kind of thickens up the sound but doesn't really do heavy distortion of the type you get from Scream4 or Softube Saturation Knob.

Chango

05 Nov 2015

The update is up now
Hip Hop, experimental, Oldominion. Always looking for new avenues in music making.

EnochLight

05 Nov 2015

Chango wrote:The update is up now
Excellent. And here's the fix list for peeps who need to know:

Release notes

v1.0.2 - Fixed bug with Distortion Function change
v1.0.1 - Fixed bug with parameters recall inside Combinator
v1.0.0 - Initial release

Also, it looks like even trials are updated now. Sweet!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

decibel

12 Nov 2015

good to see they have ironed things out, this is definitely on my main wish list for black friday , i know its brand new an all but hopefully they include it, fingers crossed etc ;)

EnochLight

12 Nov 2015

decibel wrote:good to see they have ironed things out, this is definitely on my main wish list for black friday , i know its brand new an all but hopefully they include it, fingers crossed etc ;)
I'm going to take an educated guess and say that this will almost certainly not go on sale for Black Friday. Why? Because D16 will bring the ire of every early adopter who bought it just a few weeks before at full price. I can't recall any respectable RE dev ever putting a brand new release on sale just a few weeks after releasing it at full price.

That said, I have known to be wrong! ;)

In the grand scheme of things, it's current asking price is pretty damn cheap though. I personally think it's worth it. YMMV..
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

decibel

12 Nov 2015

yeah i know, its just wishful thinking on mt behalf as im pretty poor right now lol, i wont hold it against them if they do though ;)

Bonkhead

26 Nov 2015

EnochLight wrote:I'm going to take an educated guess and say that this will almost certainly not go on sale for Black Friday. Why? Because D16 will bring the ire of every early adopter who bought it just a few weeks before at full price. I can't recall any respectable RE dev ever putting a brand new release on sale just a few weeks after releasing it at full price.

It's 25 euro's on black friday: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/devastor-2/

That's when I jump in Devastor :cool: :thumbs_up:

EnochLight

27 Nov 2015

Bonkhead wrote:
EnochLight wrote:I'm going to take an educated guess and say that this will almost certainly not go on sale for Black Friday. Why? Because D16 will bring the ire of every early adopter who bought it just a few weeks before at full price. I can't recall any respectable RE dev ever putting a brand new release on sale just a few weeks after releasing it at full price.

It's 25 euro's on black friday: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/devastor-2/

That's when I jump in Devastor :cool: :thumbs_up:
Wow - that was a surprisingly odd move for a dev to do that. Still, a difference of $14/£14 isn't going to break the bank, I suppose. Hopefully the peeps who jumped on it at $39/£39 won't be too sore. :mrgreen:

tiker01

27 Nov 2015

Maybe the initial bugs held back sales and they were perfectly aware of BF is coming which gives a chance to make some money. :D

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

pjeudy

27 Nov 2015

Devastator 2 joking Sounds AWESOME....on everything...It's a really clean distortion device !! "YES" a clean Distortion device!

• Information