Devastor2 from D16 is in the shop (€39.00)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
chimp_spanner

22 Oct 2015

Initial impressions are good! The dynamics control is really cool for squashing drum loops. I would have liked to see solo buttons for each filter but maybe there are reasons why that couldn't happen. Multiple outputs would've been nice too but it's not a huge thing.

Can't say I've experienced the lack of setting recall yet but I haven't tested it too thoroughly yet. Will do tomorrow though! It's just teething problems, although it would be nice if the trial period could be reset once the problems are fixed as I imagine this will stop a lot of people from really assessing it.

txh003

22 Oct 2015

phasys wrote:I bought the VST for 9 euros. No brainer. :D
Same here, or should I say for 11.50 USD.

I might purchase the RE version, if it goes on sale. I am a big d16 fan and own all of their VSTs.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :rebirth: :reload: :re: :refill:

dvdrtldg

22 Oct 2015

Bugs are a problem but holy shit, this thing slays

selig
RE Developer

22 Oct 2015

tiker01 wrote:Devastor2 from D16 is in the shop
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/devastor-2/

Product details

Structure

The plug-in consists of four essential blocks:

Dynamics-flattener module (one-knob controlled input signal compressor)
Diode-clipper distortion
Three multi-mode filter sections
Optionally activated signal limiter
The plug-in offers nine different connection topologies between its filters and diode-clipper. Filters can process the signal before or after it gets fed into the diode-clipper, but some of the configurations even allow the filters to work alongside the clipper, which greatly increases the possible sonic palette.

Devastor’s filters are not simply the peaking EQ type which are commonly used in classic multiband distortion units: rather, they are like those found in analog synthesizers (low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject) with adjustable resonance and cutoff parameters. As a result, Devastor has a completely unique sound. Just check out the factory content and hear for yourself!
Beautiful device! But aren't the filters very similar to how Alligator is setup? And do you not mean to say they use synth filters rather than standard crossover filters (you said other multi band devices use "Peaking EQ", which is like the SSL EQ and others)? Anyway, can't wait to try this one out! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

dhruan

23 Oct 2015

Hmmmm, had a go, rather subtle in the sense that what I usually look from distortion devices is a lot more "in your face" kind of a thing. Saturation, yes, like it for that (sounds good), will likely buy when it is on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

tiker01

23 Oct 2015

selig wrote:

Product details

Structure

Diode-clipper distortion
The plug-in offers nine different connection topologies between its filters and diode-clipper. Filters can process the signal before or after it gets fed into the diode-clipper, but some of the configurations even allow the filters to work alongside the clipper, which greatly increases the possible sonic palette.

Devastor’s filters are not simply the peaking EQ type which are commonly used in classic multiband distortion units: rather, they are like those found in analog synthesizers (low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject) with adjustable resonance and cutoff parameters. As a result, Devastor has a completely unique sound. Just check out the factory content and hear for yourself!
Beautiful device! But aren't the filters very similar to how Alligator is setup? And do you not mean to say they use synth filters rather than standard crossover filters (you said other multi band devices use "Peaking EQ", which is like the SSL EQ and others)? Anyway, can't wait to try this one out! :)
It is from the product page. I haven't changed a word.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

eXode

23 Oct 2015

selig wrote:Beautiful device! But aren't the filters very similar to how Alligator is setup? And do you not mean to say they use synth filters rather than standard crossover filters (you said other multi band devices use "Peaking EQ", which is like the SSL EQ and others)? Anyway, can't wait to try this one out! :)
Two big differences are that Alligator is locked to HP/BP/LP and in parallel. D2 allows each filter to be a set type and you also have a set of algorithms (like you see on the image, first F1 then F2 and F3 in parallel, etc).

I really would have liked the option to set filter type for each line in Alligator. A user pattern mode would have been nice too.

riemac

23 Oct 2015

I think the better comparison to Devastor is Etch Red.
Etch Red has as well a very good Diode-clipper distortion and two filters. The clipper can be as well before or after the two filters.
At the end there is as well a Compressor/Limiter.
I own Etch Red and will compare it to Devastor but I would be very interested in your opinion.

selig
RE Developer

23 Oct 2015

tiker01 wrote:
selig wrote:

Product details

Structure

Diode-clipper distortion

It is from the product page. I haven't changed a word.
Got it, thanks!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

23 Oct 2015

eXode wrote:
selig wrote:Beautiful device! But aren't the filters very similar to how Alligator is setup? And do you not mean to say they use synth filters rather than standard crossover filters (you said other multi band devices use "Peaking EQ", which is like the SSL EQ and others)? Anyway, can't wait to try this one out! :)
Two big differences are that Alligator is locked to HP/BP/LP and in parallel. D2 allows each filter to be a set type and you also have a set of algorithms (like you see on the image, first F1 then F2 and F3 in parallel, etc).

I really would have liked the option to set filter type for each line in Alligator. A user pattern mode would have been nice too.
Thanks for the additional info, I'll have to check this out when the dust settles. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

phasys

23 Oct 2015

dioxide wrote: How? I got an email with a promo code but it doesn't work for the RE as far as I can tell. But is wasn't enough to drop the price to €9.
Well, I got a mail saying I could buy the VST for 9 euros. So I just used that code.

Marco Raaphorst

23 Oct 2015

why is the VST so much cheaper? should be the same imo. or better: get a license for any daw.

ok, I know it's not an ideal world. but still... I would do that myself.

joeyluck

23 Oct 2015

The VST is the same price from what I can tell. The VST is listed as €39. It sounds like folks are talking about a coupon code for existing customers...possibly owners of Devastor1?

In dollars, the VST is more @ $49 vs. $39

tumar

23 Oct 2015

Price 9 Euro is only for registered owners od Devastor 1 and this is time limited offer. I got this email too:
" With this coupon you can buy Devastor 2 for 9 Eur (if purchased until November 22nd, 2015)
or 25 Eur (if purchased between November 23nd and December 31st, 2015). The coupon will expire after December 31st, 2015, so hurry up! "

pjeudy

23 Oct 2015

Has the developer responded through email...to anyone regarding the issues some are having?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

NaviRetlav

23 Oct 2015

pjeudy wrote:Has the developer responded through email...to anyone regarding the issues some are having?
Yes, they know about the bugs, and they work on the fix right now. ;)

pjeudy

23 Oct 2015

NaviRetlav wrote:
pjeudy wrote:Has the developer responded through email...to anyone regarding the issues some are having?
Yes, they know about the bugs, and they work on the fix right now. ;)
Very good 2 No..thanks!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Bonkhead

24 Oct 2015

I got the same coupon code, but does it also work for RE shop or only vst ? it's the 25 euro version.

Tincture

27 Oct 2015

Looking forward to giving this a whirl when the fixes are in. Also, on a slightly flippant note, am I the only one who calls this devastator in my head?

DinoJ

27 Oct 2015

Tincture wrote:Looking forward to giving this a whirl when the fixes are in. Also, on a slightly flippant note, am I the only one who calls this devastator in my head?
This made me laugh, especially when I realised that I had never noticed, that it was not actually called Devastator, till you pointed this out! My mind was blown! :lol:

miscend

29 Oct 2015

I have only recently noticed it was called "Devastor" not "Devastator" myself!

Exowildebeest

29 Oct 2015

Wait... what?!

Mind = blown indeed!

It's an optical-linguistic illusion, I guess...

Exowildebeest

03 Nov 2015

Update in the shop.

Bugs squashed?

bsp

03 Nov 2015

Yep, looks like it. Combinator patches are now being recalled correctly -- yay!

• Information