The Black Friday 2015 (Getting Ready Thread) .

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Gaja

26 Nov 2015

freeQlow wrote:I'm in the Market for some headphones.

If you see something too good to pass up on, quote me.

Also, any chance of that Aira 1M, Pioneer XDJ1000 "Rekordbox" Controller let me know.

I will be adding Sylenth before 2016, shopping for dynamics and fun fx.

I hope everyone has a safe thanksgiving and safe weekend.
I recommend Beyerdynamics DT 770-Pro. I can wear them for 8hours straight without ear fatigue or pain where they press against the head.
Also they have a very fine sound (tbh I've heard better headphones, but none of them were as comfortable).
Cheers!
Fredhoven

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

26 Nov 2015

Soon...
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

IAMGOD

26 Nov 2015

Gaja wrote: I recommend Beyerdynamics DT 770-Pro. I can wear them for 8hours straight without ear fatigue or pain where they press against the head.
Also they have a very fine sound (tbh I've heard better headphones, but none of them were as comfortable).
I bought those a few weeks ago and returned them. The Audio Technica's were a lot better in my opinion.
Follow me on Instagram: Mr_Relevant
And live vicariously through me.

sot

26 Nov 2015

i'm using AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-M40X it's nice and fairly cheap
:reason: 10

Wook

26 Nov 2015

sot wrote:i'm using AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-M40X it's nice and fairly cheap
Same here. I tested them against M50X and they gave more balanced sound. 50's had that overblown bass. They are not super comfy though but I do have big ears and they clamp on them. Anyone with non Dumbo ears might find them perfect. Good headphones for the money.

ReasonUser

26 Nov 2015

EchoNW wrote:Based on the URL from a few years back, with a couple modifications to the parameters, it looks like this is what is going to be on sale for REs: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... extensions

Or maybe I'm wrong. :)
It seems that page has changed since you originally posted it. Now it's only a handful of sale items. A lot of the things that were on the list are now gone.

eusti

26 Nov 2015

ReasonUser wrote:
EchoNW wrote:Based on the URL from a few years back, with a couple modifications to the parameters, it looks like this is what is going to be on sale for REs: https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... extensions

Or maybe I'm wrong. :)
It seems that page has changed since you originally posted it. Now it's only a handful of sale items. A lot of the things that were on the list are now gone.
There were two links in that post and to me it seems that the Props are working on the list as we're posting here... So, there seems to be a constant flow of changes until they're done with that...

D.

Skullture

26 Nov 2015

Most prices are adjusted, Antidote is now about 50EUR cheaper, nice deal.
EDIT: Parsec is 60EUR, sick!

Mauricio Duarte

26 Nov 2015

PX7 here we go!

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

26 Nov 2015

Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro (250Ohm) version hit the spot with us.... so detailed compared to most, and if you get a bargain on them you'll never look back.

sot

26 Nov 2015

i'm between Antidote and Parsec,can afford only one, i think i'll go with Parsec for now :)
:reason: 10

decibel

26 Nov 2015

i noticed project sam - orchestral sampler has been discounted nicely, does anybody here have anything bad to say about it ? would love to know if theres any negatives to consider ?

Skrock
RE Developer

26 Nov 2015

Looking at the deals today I realised just how much i've bought already ! Grabbed Polar :lol:
https://www.skrockmusic.com/
https://soundcloud.com/derekstrike
https://soundcloud.com/marcusbits
I make music in Reason using using Skrock synths and the creative tools from other developers!

Mauricio Duarte

26 Nov 2015

It's still impossible to send gifts from the PHs store right?

freeQlow

26 Nov 2015

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro (250Ohm) version hit the spot with us.... so detailed compared to most, and if you get a bargain on them you'll never look back.
If zzounds or American Musical has a deal, we have their credit/payment plans.

With my office now in my old studio, my studio is now at home. With a 3 year old in bed and a business to run, I do most of a projects work in headphones at night now.

Quality and comfort is a must. As a once weekly dj, I know headphones for playing music can be either top heavy or bottom heavy.
So sound quality for mixing and comfort for a 8pm - 2am project is a must.
I like the zzounds and American musical payment plans. It makes $800 headphones affordable. May go a little higher if there are 8-12 month plans on the right pair.
My price range is $500 for 1 payment, $800 for 8 payments, $1500 for 12 payments

JerrelTheKing

26 Nov 2015

My goal was to snag an EQ and a Compressor. Getting the MP5 for sure but I'm on the fence about getting the C1-L1 how does it compare to say the Softube Fet which I love or the RE-2A in terms of sound coloring? Seems to have more controls as well as presets than the RE-2A. Anyone using it and loving it? Thanks

pjeudy

26 Nov 2015

JerrelTheKing wrote:My goal was to snag an EQ and a Compressor. Getting the MP5 for sure but I'm on the fence about getting the C1-L1 how does it compare to say the Softube Fet which I love or the RE-2A in terms of sound coloring? Seems to have more controls as well as presets than the RE-2A. Anyone using it and loving it? Thanks
Hopefully someone will answer your question...but I have to tell you it's kind of a hard question...in terms of....someone being able to tell you what they think and you buying it from that. with compressors, after you get the info that you need..is a matter of taste and what your ear tells you, And that part about "what your ears tells you is 99% of it".

So let me say this.
FET will be on sale till then end of the year!
I'm almost willing to say 90% CL-1B will be on sale again by the end of the year.
RE 2A might not be on sale by year ends..I say this because I waited ages for it to drop to $50 this year.

So what I would do only if you are serious about getting a new compressor... I would spend this next 4 days looking into these compressor on here and all over the internet.
Groove3 has an excellent,exellent course on these types of compressors...called "Compressors Explained" they are of course like everyone else having a sale. You can get that course for 50% off $17.00 (regular price $35.0) buy and watch it and it should really help you make some sort of decision.
https://www.groove3.com/mastering-train ... -Explained

here's the listing:
Urei 1176 - Pt. 1 (14:09)
Urei 1176 - Pt. 2 (10:07) - We continue sampling the different plugins that model the famous 1176.
Teletronix LA-2a - Pt. 1 (09:46) - Easily one of the most sought after compressors ever built is the Teletronix LA-2a. With it's unique warm sound and simple controls it's still one of the best compressors you can find.
Teletronix LA-2a - Pt. 2 (08:38) - We continue sampling the different plugins that model the famous LA2a compressor.
Teletronix LA-3 (14:28) - Not nearly as famous as similar units, the Urei LA3a still stands on it's own as having a sound of it's own and filling a niche in the pro compressor market.
Neve 2254 & Neve 33609 - Pt. 1 (11:24) - The Neve line of pro audio to gear is second to none. We go thru two of it's most famous compressors and plugins that are modeled after them.
Neve 2254 & Neve 33609 - Pt. 2 (13:04) - We continue sampling the different plugins that model the famous Neve compressors.\
API 2500 - Pt. 1 (14:53) - API has earned it's place in history, unique in that the original units are still being made today. We go thru the Waves version of it showing you how special this compressor really is.
API 2500 - Pt. 2 (12:34) - We continue sampling the different plugins that model the famous API compressor.
Fairchild 660/670 - Pt. 1 (13:43) - There's no more desired or more expensive a compressor you can get than the Fairchild 660 or 670. With tubes for days, it is a legend to be modeled.
Fairchild 660/670 - Pt. 2 (15:24) - We continue sampling the different plugins that model the famous Fairchild compressors.
SSL E/G Channel Compressor - Pt. 1 (12:30) - Very few names are as famous in pro audio as Solid State Logic. We go thru the Channel Compressor that is built into every channel of the famous SSL consoles.
SSL E/G Channel Compressor - Pt. 2 (11:29) - We continue sampling the different plugins that model the famous SSL compressors.
SSL Bus Compressor - Pt. 1 (12:04) - There is no 2 buss Compressor more popular than the SSL Buss Compressor. It basically invented the word "Glue" and is easily the most common modeled compressor for use on busses.
SSL Bus Compressor - Pt. 2 (07:17) - We continue sampling the different plugins that model the famous SSL Buss compressors.
Empirical Labs Distressor - Pt. 1 (11:27) - The Distressor is easily the newest of all the classic compressors but it's popularity clearly makes it a classic. There is no compressor more versatile than the Empirical Labs Distressor.
Empirical Labs Distressor - Pt. 2 (08:10) - We continue sampling the plugin that models the Distressor.
DBX 160 (12:11) - The DBX 160 has definitely earned it's place as one of the later Classic Compressors. It's punchy controlled sound is still as original and useful as we'll find.

FYI:
the 1176 that's FET
LA 2A that's re 2a
SSL that's what we have in REASON :puf_smile:
Last edited by pjeudy on 26 Nov 2015, edited 2 times in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

JerrelTheKing

26 Nov 2015

@pjeudy thanks. I didnt see the FET on sale let me go back and check that's my first choice.

EnochLight

26 Nov 2015

JerrelTheKing wrote:@pjeudy thanks. I didnt see the FET on sale let me go back and check that's my first choice.
fet.JPG
fet.JPG (76.21 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

decibel

26 Nov 2015

noticed this is on sale also for $69

Hydronexius Workstation ROM

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ation-rom/

JerrelTheKing

26 Nov 2015

@decibel if I weren't focused on mixing and studio fx the Hydronexius would be my first choice this Black Friday

decibel

26 Nov 2015

JerrelTheKing wrote:@decibel if I weren't focused on mixing and studio fx the Hydronexius would be my first choice this Black Friday
i think i would probably chose zero by blamsoft but i wouldnt mind hydronexius either :)

freeQlow

26 Nov 2015

decibel wrote:noticed this is on sale also for $69

Hydronexius Workstation ROM

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ation-rom/
This made my day.
Buddy is coming over for Turkey and shopping racks. He just built a tower and is ready to commit.
This sale has 2 buyers already!

thanks for posting!

pjeudy

26 Nov 2015

Public service announcement :
Yoko Band-Splitter Frequency Splitter is on sale for $9
If you can wait maybe next week or so...Air Raid Audio will have a band splitter for free ! with Mid/side,PAN, gain control for each band!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

clone

26 Nov 2015

OK, so their's already some great deals on PH. So will their be even better deals as of tomorrow?

I'm going to treat myself to something, but don't know what yet? It's kind of leaning more towards FX.

• Information