Beta testers wanted for new filter by Primal Audio

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

23 Oct 2015

eauhm wrote:
selig wrote:
eauhm wrote:Spacing is basically creating an offset between the left and right filter. Nothing really done with panning.
Like the Voyager filter then? This is probably the simplest approach, as panning can be dealt with in the mixer fwiw. Nice to have another ladder to compare to the existing choices!
:)
As far as I've been able to establish, yes. I've been comparing it to my voyager the past couple of days.
Go Onnnn…
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Olivier

23 Oct 2015

selig wrote:
eauhm wrote:
selig wrote:
eauhm wrote:Spacing is basically creating an offset between the left and right filter. Nothing really done with panning.
Like the Voyager filter then? This is probably the simplest approach, as panning can be dealt with in the mixer fwiw. Nice to have another ladder to compare to the existing choices!
As far as I've been able to establish, yes. I've been comparing it to my voyager the past couple of days.
Go Onnnn…
;)
ehhh... You know how this works :P sign up as a betatester and read the rest on facebook ;)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

selig
RE Developer

23 Oct 2015

eauhm wrote:
selig wrote:
eauhm wrote:
selig wrote:
Go Onnnn…
;)
ehhh... You know how this works :P sign up as a betatester and read the rest on facebook ;)
That won't help me compare it to a Voyager… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Mmj85

23 Oct 2015

Andreas@Primal Audio wrote:
selig wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
pjeudy wrote:Like the UI
I'll buy this just to look at it in the rack. All devs should check this out (along with PMS 20) and take note of how to design a sleek, simple, attractive device. There are some truly hideous REs out there
I'll second this and only add that it could use some basic metering (if just to ensure you have it patched correctly), and is it me or does every other product in existence mention the company name and/or logo somewhere on the front panel (often too big for my tastes), but at least it SHOULD be there SOMEWHERE, right?
;)
You are right about this. The thing is that we are thinking about reworking our logo and don't want to smack on a logo that might change soon, so we decided to just skip it. When we have a new logo we will update the front plates.
Aaah i see now. That explains the blank space on the right of your Filter devices.:)
Ill just continue testing your new Ladder device now. :D

dhruan

24 Oct 2015

This is a really lovely filter, already on my buy list... :)

One thing I noticed that it outputs a high frequency signal all by itself depending on how it is dialed. Higher Emphasis creates a louder self generated signal, Cutoff varies the frequency etc. It is not loud but it is definitely there... something that I ran into when using DynaRage, I made a combi with a sub, ladder filter and a few MClass Compressors to bring it out with stock devices.

The combi can be found from here ( Warning > Do not push the Emphasis to 10 if you hear a signal, it gets obnoxiously loud ):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1dwa6bnzfl75 ... 1.cmb?dl=0

Is it supposed to act like this?
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Olivier

24 Oct 2015

dhruan wrote:This is a really lovely filter, already on my buy list... :)

One thing I noticed that it outputs a high frequency signal all by itself depending on how it is dialed. Higher Emphasis creates a louder self generated signal, Cutoff varies the frequency etc. It is not loud but it is definitely there... something that I ran into when using DynaRage, I made a combi with a sub, ladder filter and a few MClass Compressors to bring it out with stock devices.

The combi can be found from here ( Warning > Do not push the Emphasis to 10 if you hear a signal, it gets obnoxiously loud ):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1dwa6bnzfl75 ... 1.cmb?dl=0

Is it supposed to act like this?
Yes, its an effect some filters have and its called "Self Oscillation".
Even THOR's low pass ladder can be pushed to do this. (unless you disable the behavious using the button above the filter type selector...)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

dhruan

24 Oct 2015

Rgr that. :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

geronimo

26 Oct 2015

For the fun, one Combinator _
Attachments
StationWave.cmb.zip
(40.43 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

pedrocaetanos

29 Oct 2015

selig wrote:it could use some basic metering (if just to ensure you have it patched correctly)
Indeed an input LED would be nice. As well on PMS-20.

Great GUIs!
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

pjeudy

02 Nov 2015

A quick try out of Ladder Filter on a Demo track (15 days ago) A few updates has been made to the device since..so this is my first hour with it.
Nothing special had an unfinished tracks on my drive and decided to play with the filter ....basically anything that is being filtered down is running through Primal Audio Ladder Filter. Also I used Bryan Matthew Cox moog.cmb/Ladder filter combinator he uploaded for the drop...and a quick shutout to ORBIS wavetable synth on the break at 2:02
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

• Information