Beta testers wanted for new filter by Primal Audio

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Andreas@Primal Audio

16 Oct 2015

Hello,

Primal Audio are looking for beta testers for our upcoming Rack Extension called "Ladder". Ladder is based on the famous ladder filter, with some special features.

If you want to help with testing please send your propellerhead username to: betatester@primal-audio.com

You can also join our beta group on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/primalaudiobetatesters/
We prefer to receive feedback in this group. We are also active here and will post changes and updates.

Disclaimer: We cannot pay for beta testing.

pjeudy

16 Oct 2015

Like the UI
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

tiker01

16 Oct 2015

I assume everyone in the FB group is good to go?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

dhruan

16 Oct 2015

I'm game, just pulled the trigger on the PMS-20, good stuff...
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

popp

16 Oct 2015

Top notch UI!
Super Dabbler

Emian

16 Oct 2015

love my PMS-20 purchase, in for a testride here as well !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

chimp_spanner

17 Oct 2015

Your UI work is on-point!!

manisnotabird

19 Oct 2015

What filter is next? WASP, diode, Oberheim?

dvdrtldg

19 Oct 2015

pjeudy wrote:Like the UI
I'll buy this just to look at it in the rack. All devs should check this out (along with PMS 20) and take note of how to design a sleek, simple, attractive device. There are some truly hideous REs out there

Andreas@Primal Audio

21 Oct 2015

tiker01 wrote:I assume everyone in the FB group is good to go?
Yeah you should be. If you don't se the beta under your rack extensions on the propellerhead site, let me know.
manisnotabird wrote:What filter is next? WASP, diode, Oberheim?
You will see. :)

Mmj85

21 Oct 2015

Fan of the PMS-20's and currently testing Ladder. So far it sounds smooth to my ears and loving the spacing feat. Simple but effective. ++ for its Gorgeous looks

selig
RE Developer

21 Oct 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:
I'll buy this just to look at it in the rack. All devs should check this out (along with PMS 20) and take note of how to design a sleek, simple, attractive device. There are some truly hideous REs out there
I'll second this and only add that it could use some basic metering (if just to ensure you have it patched correctly), and is it me or does every other product in existence mention the company name and/or logo somewhere on the front panel (often too big for my tastes), but at least it SHOULD be there SOMEWHERE, right?
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Mmj85

22 Oct 2015

selig wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
I'll second this and only add that it could use some basic metering (if just to ensure you have it patched correctly), and is it me or does every other product in existence mention the company name and/or logo somewhere on the front panel (often too big for my tastes), but at least it SHOULD be there SOMEWHERE, right?
;)
Ah! Yes, I agree. I love to see Dev's logo's somewhere in the front and the back of device just for a sense of identity. Example: Vehicles have front and back maker emblems do identify the brand.
RE's and Cars are really different but you get the idea ;)

ScuzzyEye

22 Oct 2015

Mmj85 wrote:Ah! Yes, I agree. I love to see Dev's logo's somewhere in the front and the back of device just for a sense of identity. Example: Vehicles have front and back maker emblems do identify the brand.
RE's and Cars are really different but you get the idea ;)
You could think of this as a murdered out RE. :D

jonheal

22 Oct 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:You could think of this as a murdered out RE. :D
In that case, then include a Primal saw thingy just a shade darker than the rest of the murder gray panel. :puf_smile:
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

chimp_spanner

22 Oct 2015

I really like this unit - it's an instabuy as soon as it's ready! It's a filter, distortion unit, spatial enhancer. Great work :)

Andreas@Primal Audio

23 Oct 2015

selig wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
;)
You are right about this. The thing is that we are thinking about reworking our logo and don't want to smack on a logo that might change soon, so we decided to just skip it. When we have a new logo we will update the front plates.

Marco Raaphorst

23 Oct 2015

the filter is very dynamic and "vocal", can work almost like a wahwah. works GREAT on guitars. it's very moving in a sence that the effect is responding so dynamically to the signal it's so much fun to listen to it. this goes beyond what a normal filter or distortion unit it doing. I guess that's the magic of Moog.

selig
RE Developer

23 Oct 2015

Andreas@Primal Audio wrote:
selig wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
;)
You are right about this. The thing is that we are thinking about reworking our logo and don't want to smack on a logo that might change soon, so we decided to just skip it. When we have a new logo we will update the front plates.
Understood, was hoping to something like hear this!
Quick question(s): I see there is a spacing control (Moog Voyager approach?) which indicates two separate filters, so I have to ask are there separate outs for the two filters or better yet can you pan the two filters anywhere in the stereo image? Or (less desirable) does the Spacing control also control panning (in addition I assume to frequency)?

Can't wait to audition this!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

tiker01

23 Oct 2015

selig wrote:
Andreas@Primal Audio wrote:
selig wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
;)
Understood, was hoping to something like hear this!
Quick question(s): I see there is a spacing control (Moog Voyager approach?) which indicates two separate filters, so I have to ask are there separate outs for the two filters or better yet can you pan the two filters anywhere in the stereo image? Or (less desirable) does the Spacing control also control panning (in addition I assume to frequency)?

Can't wait to audition this!
Why not get on the beta wagon then?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

chimp_spanner

23 Oct 2015

The spacing is basically a combined frequency and panner control; you don't have control over each independently. This might've actually been a nice feature as you might want it wider spatially but not in terms of frequency separation. But then again, maybe the frequency separation is what makes it feel wider in the first place? Hmm.

When automated it produces some awesome effects though. Almost like a phaser. I'm using this thing just about everywhere in my signal chain now. Getting some super cool results using nothing more than Table and Ladder to create awesome squelchy mono synths.

Olivier

23 Oct 2015

Spacing is basically creating an offset between the left and right filter. Nothing really done with panning.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

selig
RE Developer

23 Oct 2015

eauhm wrote:Spacing is basically creating an offset between the left and right filter. Nothing really done with panning.
Like the Voyager filter then? This is probably the simplest approach, as panning can be dealt with in the mixer fwiw. Nice to have another ladder to compare to the existing choices!
Selig Audio, LLC

Olivier

23 Oct 2015

selig wrote:
eauhm wrote:Spacing is basically creating an offset between the left and right filter. Nothing really done with panning.
Like the Voyager filter then? This is probably the simplest approach, as panning can be dealt with in the mixer fwiw. Nice to have another ladder to compare to the existing choices!
As far as I've been able to establish, yes. I've been comparing it to my voyager the past couple of days.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information