What kind of new RE would you guys like to see developed?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jappe

16 Oct 2015

I'd like to see these REs developed by Propellerheads: a timedomain-to-frequencydomain converter,T2F, and the corresponding F2T RE.

And then a huge set of RE:s which utilizes the frequency domain bus in different interesting ways.
As well as stock Reason devices being upgraded to offer T2F/F2T support.

pjeudy

16 Oct 2015

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Ronin

16 Oct 2015

I just want a couple of simple things. A dub tape delay/space echo, and a mutron biphase phaser.

freeQlow

17 Oct 2015

Would a Visualizer Multi band Multi Tool be too much in a rack? I'm sure it would be DSP heavy, but still....
EQ, Comp, Distortion.

Maybe use FabFilter as an example.

Exowildebeest

17 Oct 2015

freeQlow wrote:Would a Visualizer Multi band Multi Tool be too much in a rack? I'm sure it would be DSP heavy, but still....
EQ, Comp, Distortion.

Maybe use FabFilter as an example.
Stuff like that is lowest on the list for me, because Reason can already do all that in a way that's fully modular and customizable. Super all-in-the-box multi-tools are very useful as VST's imo because the space you're working in focuses more on individual boxes and linear plugin stacking than on interconnections and modularity. I love "multitools" in Ableton, but in Reason, I'm working from the ground up towards very specific things, so multitools feel like axes where scalpels are required.

Exowildebeest

17 Oct 2015

I have a request that should appeal to geeks and casuals alike: more gate/control/note CV generator devices based on naturally pleasing algorithms. I'm thinking both pseudo-chaotic behaviour and repeating patterns. Stuff that should be useful and inspiring for generative music as well as the casual beatmaker.

Euclid is an excellent example of something like this. I'd like to see more of that :)

manisnotabird

19 Oct 2015

A simple ADSR generator: 4 sliders, a velocity sensitivity knob, and a knob to adjust the curve type. A simple analog-emulation VCA.

dana

20 Oct 2015

jappe wrote:I'd like to see these REs developed by Propellerheads: a timedomain-to-frequencydomain converter,T2F, and the corresponding F2T RE.

And then a huge set of RE:s which utilizes the frequency domain bus in different interesting ways.
As well as stock Reason devices being upgraded to offer T2F/F2T support.
Now that would be cool.

We only have the 16 output cv bands in the vocoder for now, unless you want to cobble together a huge overly complicated combinator.

musicman691

20 Oct 2015

nooomy wrote:Image

diss!

or diss!

There is nothing within reason that can even remotely match these two
Diva is nice but it's a HUGE cpu hog. I'd rather see a Moog Modular like the Arturia one - not so bad on cpu.
Jack
MacPro mid-2012 3.46 GHz hexcore Westmere 48 gig ram
OSX 10.13.6
PT2021.6, Reason 8.3
QAPLA!

Shokstar

20 Oct 2015

I want Serum for the Reason Rack :) the best Wavetable Synth ever!!!!

Marco Raaphorst

20 Oct 2015

A very flexible Saturation RE something like the one included with Ableton Live. Capable of doing odd and even harmonics and very complex midrange filtering. But go beyond that and apply Randomise parameters to it using random LFO patterns to get that analog / instable / lofi sound.

Dante

20 Oct 2015

A Roland MT32 emu :
MT32.png
MT32.png (273.56 KiB) Viewed 2725 times

devilfish

21 Oct 2015

Something that can do a really fat thick and bright sound...

-DSI Poly Evolver
-Sherman Filterbank
-Jomox T-Resonator

I don't need the next thin sounding plastic RE!

musicman691

21 Oct 2015

devilfish wrote:Something that can do a really fat thick and bright sound...

-DSI Poly Evolver
-Sherman Filterbank
-Jomox T-Resonator

I don't need the next thin sounding plastic RE!
The PolyEvolver was okay in it's day; there's plenty out there that are way better sounding if you're looking for a piece of hardware to emulate. I speak from the point of view of owning a hardware PolyEvolver rack mount module. Do realize if they literally emulate the PE it's only capable of playing 4 notes at one time; of course there's s/w synths that can play as many notes as one desires.

I haven't used my PE in over a year. But I still regularly use my Moog Voyager rack mount synth; it's a shame Moog is discontinuing both the rack mount and the keyboard versions.
Jack
MacPro mid-2012 3.46 GHz hexcore Westmere 48 gig ram
OSX 10.13.6
PT2021.6, Reason 8.3
QAPLA!

MDTerps2015

21 Oct 2015

We have seen two devices with the spectrum window like the RE128 and GQ-7. Im wondering if more developers are considering more eq's or compression devices made with those windows. It would be nice to have a selection of three or four compressors and equally eq's with the own characteristics like in the vst world. Im wondering if there is any interest in developing something like that. That multiband compressor that just came out, the S-Plex, would have benefitted greatly from that. Am i asking too much, does it make sense, or am i just being too nit picky???
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Tracktitans

22 Oct 2015

1. Nectar 2
2. API 500 EQ Series
3. Multiband Compressor or Ozone 6
4. Melodyne, Wave Tune, or Nectar Pitch Edit

Resonator

22 Oct 2015

More Korg synths would be cool. I'd like to see some Gadgets in the rack

pjeudy

22 Oct 2015

UHM...what happened to the OP? would love to hear what he thinks regarding all the response so far..!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

DNA Apocalypse

22 Oct 2015

Hi,
The goal of this post was to see what the reason community was really looking for. I get the feeling a lot of you want effects processors mainly compressors and surgical tools! Thats great, I have been thinking about developing a multi-band compressor since reason seems to only have a limited amount of options for that (I know only know of 2 REs at the moment), either the "splex or 4dyne" or make one your self with reason stock devices. But I wanted to make it legendary, and more importantly, I wanted every knob to actually sound good. Thanks guys and keep posting more future devices you would like to see!
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

pjeudy

22 Oct 2015

DNA Apocalypse wrote:Hi,
The goal of this post was to see what the reason community was really looking for. I get the feeling a lot of you want effects processors mainly compressors and surgical tools! Thats great, I have been thinking about developing a multi-band compressor since reason seems to only have a limited amount of options for that (I know only know of 2 REs at the moment), either the "splex or 4dyne" or make one your self with reason stock devices. But I wanted to make it legendary, and more importantly, I wanted every knob to actually sound good. Thanks guys and keep posting more future devices you would like to see!
Thank you sir for asking...with that in mind..shall we proceed :puf_bigsmile:

Please could someone on planet Earth please make a carbon copy of this and then some of this :

Yes I'm aware of RP punch...i'm aware of making your own with Envelopes etc...

GushingDizzy

22 Oct 2015

Here's a rather ambitious idea:

I am an animator and 3D artist by trade. Nearly all 3D programs these days have node-based editors for at least a few of their features. I keep thinking that a synth could work really well like this. It's essentially what we're doing anyhow.

So the synth would have nodes for different oscillators, filter types, and whatever else you need, and everything can be linked to everything. You would also have nodes that represent nothing more than a knob, or slider that could be linked to multiple devices. And some nodes are for performing math functions between number generators and inputs.... many many possibilities.

While typing this up I have found one synth called Audulus that operates like this.

Below is a node graph of one of my shaders in 3DS Max (unused inputs have been hidden).
- Geoff

selig
RE Developer

22 Oct 2015

GushingDizzy wrote:Here's a rather ambitious idea:

I am an animator and 3D artist by trade. Nearly all 3D programs these days have node-based editors for at least a few of their features. I keep thinking that a synth could work really well like this. It's essentially what we're doing anyhow.

So the synth would have nodes for different oscillators, filter types, and whatever else you need, and everything can be linked to everything. You would also have nodes that represent nothing more than a knob, or slider that could be linked to multiple devices. And some nodes are for performing math functions between number generators and inputs.... many many possibilities.

While typing this up I have found one synth called Audulus that operates like this.

Below is a node graph of one of my shaders in 3DS Max (unused inputs have been hidden).
There are already synths that work similar to this, Reaktor being one example and the Nord editor being another (and there are plenty of others). The problem is that this isn't possible with the current RE technology as far as I know. At least it wouldn't be an easy task…
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

TheFesta

27 Oct 2015

nooomy wrote:Image

diss!

or diss!

There is nothing within reason that can even remotely match these two
I second these 2!!
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."• Dr  Samuel Johnson

:recycle: :reason: :record: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refill: :re:

dopplereffect

29 Oct 2015

Personally I would love to have more creative fx similar to synchronus. things that push sound to new areas and are versatile, so my vote would go to something along those lines, a dope slicer, fx, hell echobode is an amazing creative delay. i bet there would be a market for a super creative reverb with maybe a sequencer of some sort. thats just my 2 canadian pennies.

other than that i think theres always room for more synths and sound refills. moon echo audio is hands down the most innovative maker right now and i am literally salivating at the thought of them coming out with another set of refills.

Reason is my weapon of choice for production, but phase issues with sidechaining to the master bus, along with the general idiosyncrasies of reason for a mastered sound keep it way out of the realm of mastering for me. Unless if UAD and props got together and allowed for that expansion coupled with a good company like fabfilter, nugen, hell even voxengo would make Reason more enticing for mastering, but until those things happen, reason remains a tool for production and making the instrumentals, editing, etc in my studio and I let Logic or Pro Tools handle the master channel duties along with the finite final mix stuff... jus saying.

CharlyCharlzz

29 Oct 2015

dopplereffect wrote:Personally I would love to have more creative fx similar to synchronus. things that push sound to new areas and are versatile, so my vote would go to something along those lines, a dope slicer, fx, hell echobode is an amazing creative delay. i bet there would be a market for a super creative reverb with maybe a sequencer of some sort. thats just my 2 canadian pennies.
Driver by oschen K
Bitspeak . Sonic Charge
Buffre Peff
Polar by Propellerhead
they may feat your description
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

• Information