What kind of new RE would you guys like to see developed?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
frog974new

31 Oct 2015

atm , there 's many tools Re but i want to see Re to manage complex CV functun Boolean .
i use Thor and the internal matrix to build basic function like AnD or NanD operator function , it could be more helpfull to build all basic and complex function boolean with only a RE ;)

ScuzzyEye

31 Oct 2015

frog974new wrote:atm , there 's many tools Re but i want to see Re to manage complex CV functun Boolean .
i use Thor and the internal matrix to build basic function like AnD or NanD operator function , it could be more helpfull to build all basic and complex function boolean with only a RE ;)
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/truth/

dvdrtldg

31 Oct 2015

Yeah as others have said, a really sophisticated granulator would be fantastic

Also, I was pretty excited about the prospect of U-He Satin appearing in RE format, although less excited when I heard it would be "studio mode" only with no flanger or delay. So: a fully-functioned Satin or equivalent please. I love that thing

freeQlow

01 Nov 2015

Would it be possible to build a rack that could play Rex files but a whole new different kind of sampler.
I know we have nurse Rex but I'm wondering if that idea is off limits from the DAW Developers?

DNA Apocalypse

03 Nov 2015

freeQlow wrote:Would it be possible to build a rack that could play Rex files but a whole new different kind of sampler.
I know we have nurse Rex but I'm wondering if that idea is off limits from the DAW Developers?
not sure but it is a very good idea!
DNA-LABS-SOFTWARE.COM :reason: :refill: :re:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2015

A really good multiband exciter that can compete with the one in iZotope Ozone. The exciters in the shop didn't do it for me at all when I tried them.

gak

03 Nov 2015

Swing in Synchronus.

X1Lo

04 Nov 2015

Still would love a successor to the un-16. Like a pitch shifted unison effect with the ability to edit each individual voice.
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

Trefor

14 Nov 2015

This would be nice.
14291102691429075131_output-sounds-signal.jpeg
14291102691429075131_output-sounds-signal.jpeg (41.95 KiB) Viewed 2960 times

pjeudy

16 Nov 2015

YES...FOR SIGNAL !
But also this :
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

musicman691

17 Nov 2015

Ronin wrote:I just want a couple of simple things. A dub tape delay/space echo, and a mutron biphase phaser.
Mutron BiPhase - now that's something near and dear to my heart. I worked at the company that developed that (it was in breadboard stage when I was there) when it was up in Rosemont, NJ. Was doing final checkout and repair on the Mutron III and original Phaser for them; my tools for check out were (amongst the usual meters and such) a Fender Strat and Twin Reverb. Used to wander down the hall and play through the prototype when they needed to hear how it sounded. Not that many were ever made that I know of and would give anything to have one whether hardware or software.

Let me add to the list a good dbx160 compressor if it hasn't been mentioned. One of the best drum compressors ever made.
Jack
MacPro mid-2012 3.46 GHz hexcore Westmere 48 gig ram
OSX 10.13.6
PT2021.6, Reason 8.3
QAPLA!

devilfish

20 Oct 2017

Sherman Filterbank 2

Jomox T-Resonator MK2

Elektron Octatrack Style Sampler
Maybe with Sequencer and Note to Track ;)

Exowildebeest

20 Oct 2017

devilfish wrote:
20 Oct 2017
Sherman Filterbank 2
D16 Devastor probably comes closest currently.

Jagwah

20 Oct 2017

A synth that lets me pitch bend as much as I want, like up 2 notes, then up 6 notes then, down 11 notes, then down 8 notes etc etc

The_Grass

21 Oct 2017

A lay-out for blind People to use Reason with sounds under mouse steering.
Example: Mouse over parameter then you hear that parameter.

dancing fool

21 Oct 2017

chimp_spanner wrote:
13 Oct 2015
A Propellerheads modular system would be great, using oscillators from their stock devices, making use of the half-rack format where possible. What'd be *really* cool (although very unlikely to ever happen) would be a new type of Combinator for Eurorack style modules. Much in the same way as the Reason Rack extends horizontally as you drag new devices, this would be able to create new rows of rack as you need them. Maybe there'd be a way to do it without completely changing the nature of Reason, much in the way that Thor and Kong emulate the swappable modular thing, but really it'd be nice if the CV outputs on the back could change accordingly.

Anyway that's what I'd really like to see :)
Yeah. A modular system! with a klee sequencer!

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

21 Oct 2017

Jagwah wrote:
20 Oct 2017
A synth that lets me pitch bend as much as I want, like up 2 notes, then up 6 notes then, down 11 notes, then down 8 notes etc etc
The Harmonic Synthesizer can do specific and independent bend range amounts for pitchbend up and down on each oscillator, so you can actually pitch an oscillator DOWN while bending the wheel UP, while the other oscillator is doing entirely the opposite, with a different range. That's unique in Reason afaik. So you can set your example, sort of, over two oscillators if you switched output between single oscillators, and direction of wheel travel ;)
jpshsbend.png
jpshsbend.png (25.86 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
I can't immediately think how one might adjust pitchbend range min/max in the fashion I think you're suggesting on a per-note basis would work other than manually automating the range, though, other than pointing a modulation source at it, (maybe a pitch-range sequencer?).

On the HS, though, it's a rear-panel control because of space limitations on the front design, so modulation isn't an option. But I've just had a thought... I'm wondering if there might be a way I could at least add automation lanes for this.

Jagwah

22 Oct 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
21 Oct 2017
Jagwah wrote:
20 Oct 2017
The Harmonic Synthesizer can do specific and independent bend range amounts for pitchbend up and down on each oscillator, so you can actually pitch an oscillator DOWN while bending the wheel UP, while the other oscillator is doing entirely the opposite, with a different range. That's unique in Reason afaik. So you can set your example, sort of, over two oscillators if you switched output between single oscillators, and direction of wheel travel ;)

jpshsbend.png

I can't immediately think how one might adjust pitchbend range min/max in the fashion I think you're suggesting on a per-note basis would work other than manually automating the range, though, other than pointing a modulation source at it, (maybe a pitch-range sequencer?).

On the HS, though, it's a rear-panel control because of space limitations on the front design, so modulation isn't an option. But I've just had a thought... I'm wondering if there might be a way I could at least add automation lanes for this.
Hey thanks for the thoughts.

JPS Harmonic Synthesizer definitely offers some new methods there I haven't seen before, cool.

I made a thread a while back about this, damned if I can find it. Selig mentioned a method where you can start with the pitch wheel already at max or min value, and depending on your bend settings you can bend a certain amount of semitones to the centre, and then the same amount bending to the other end.

Automating the bend amount numbers would result in pops or some sort of click.

I really enjoy pitch bending and the smooth sound it has, but it seems we are limited when it comes to the range of bends without starting a new note.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

22 Oct 2017

Jagwah wrote:
22 Oct 2017

Hey thanks for the thoughts.

JPS Harmonic Synthesizer definitely offers some new methods there I haven't seen before, cool.

I made a thread a while back about this, damned if I can find it. Selig mentioned a method where you can start with the pitch wheel already at max or min value, and depending on your bend settings you can bend a certain amount of semitones to the centre, and then the same amount bending to the other end.

Automating the bend amount numbers would result in pops or some sort of click.

I really enjoy pitch bending and the smooth sound it has, but it seems we are limited when it comes to the range of bends without starting a new note.
I've been playing around with this this afternoon.

While I know it's not exactly what your request is, it's kinda cool. It's not in the current version of JPS, this is just a local test of a newly-added modulation ability to the bend ranges. I'll update the HS to 1.2 soon as, if I find no issues.

Play in stereo, as I've separated the two oscs with pan!

YT Text: "JPS Harmonic Synthesizer features a two way pitch bend range on each oscillator. The version 1.2 update adds the ability to modulate those values. By adding a Thor step sequencer you can program a different values for each gate (I'm using Last Gate here, as MIDI Gate ignores legato notes, whereas Last Gate responds to any keypress).

In the first JPS HS Combi, all four ranges are set to the same value using a single Thor sequencer. In the second, each range is controlled by a seperate sequencer.

Each note is played with a pitch-bend moving fully up and then fully down."

Edit: As you say, these methods do need a gate. Of course, the sequencer could be pre-programmed to run with synced changes too. The other possibilty is to set up the stepper on a keyswitch, so you can hold the note and change the range at will using another key (i.e., C0), while not having to retrigger the played note itself. Changing the range value does reset the pitch bend wheel itself to zero, though, which I think is partly what you're describing with selig's workaround (which I confess I'm not quite understanding based on your description ;) ). So unless the "double bend" is a considered a really cool side-effect, yes, you'd have to return the bend to zero each time.
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 22 Oct 2017, edited 4 times in total.

Creativemind

22 Oct 2017

GushingDizzy wrote:
13 Oct 2015
I've always been a fan of the way the Sonitus compressor has a graphical display of what's going on. It would be great to have something like that in Reason:
Yes, I've always thought Propellerhead should update the M-Class Compressor to include one.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

22 Oct 2017

Vectorscope / Ganometer in one yeah.
A device that allows you to put chords onto pads from a list of chord types and then trigger them. 4 pads, but can be extended to 8. Also the ability on it to play 1 chord up and down your midi controller.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

pushedbutton

22 Oct 2017

I would like to play SingStar in Reason.
import an audio file, sync it to midi and lyrics.
get live feedback of your vocal performance as you record it.
this would help motivate vocalists to try to beat their high score while they learn how to sing their song and help to highlight problem areas in a performance.
apply live pitch correction and effects for a confidence boost and hey presto, everyone's a vocalist!
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Mylor

23 Oct 2017

A VST-container that can load 32bit VST-instruments & effects
and/or - please don't shoot at me :mrgreen: - a rack extension that can emulate exactly a Roland JP8000
like Adam Szabo did with VST (32bit)
:reason: 11 / 160+ :re: / 27+ :refill: / NI Komplete Audio 6 / AKG C5 / Sennheiser HD 380 pro / Korg M1 / ... /
30 years of music making and still not finished ;)
no accounts @facebook, twitter, youtube, soundcloud, whatsapp, blogs ...

• Information