DYNARAGE Tube Compressor - Does the Tube Glow ?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Dante

12 Oct 2015

In the shop product description https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... ompressor/ it says 'a Tube Valve glowing according to the amount of distortion applied to the sound'.

During a 30 day trial I was unable to get any tube glowing - can anyone confirm whether the tube does have varying degrees of glow and if so I may reconsider and rush out and buy it !

If not - are there any other RE's with animated glowing tubes ? I know it uses CPU cycles but I dont care if it can be switched on/off.

ScuzzyEye

12 Oct 2015

Dante wrote:I know it uses CPU cycles but I dont care if it can be switched on/off.
I don't know about your primary question, but a glow animation won't take any more CPU cycles* than a VU meter. Plus Reason will throttle the GUI updates first as available CPU time decreases.

*Possibly a fraction more because of a larger number of pixels having to be redrawn.

martynx

13 Oct 2015

Dante wrote:... can anyone confirm whether the tube does have varying degrees of glow ...
Yes it does, but its kind of... subtle. You'd probably be able to see it best in a dark environment.

• Information