Selig Gain RE new version 1.2.3

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Deep Schulzz

09 Oct 2015

There' a new version of Selig Gain RE = 1.2.3. Unfortunentaly it won't work correctly on my win7 64bit, 16 GB RAM, I7 3770K sytem; Reason version 8.3.1. No problems before with older versions of Selig Gain.

Does anyone noticed this too?
Attachments
Seli Gain RE 1.2.3. device error.jpg
Seli Gain RE 1.2.3. device error.jpg (246.51 KiB) Viewed 2473 times

EnochLight

09 Oct 2015

D'oh! Same problem on my machine:
gain_error.jpg
gain_error.jpg (75.95 KiB) Viewed 2452 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

doctecazoid

09 Oct 2015

Having the same problem. Issue occurred with download of latest update to Gain RE. No issues with previous versions. Hopefully Selig will get a fix out for this quickly.

- Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz CPU
- 12MB memory
- Win 7 Pro SP1 (oem) 64 bit, w/latest updates
- M-Audio Firewire 410
- Reason 8.3.1d21 (build 6,278)
- Selig Gain v1.2.3
Last edited by doctecazoid on 09 Oct 2015, edited 1 time in total.

submonsterz

09 Oct 2015

doctecazoid wrote:Having the same problem. Issue occurred with download of latest update to Gain RE. No issues with previous versions. Hopefully Selig will get a fix out for this quickly.

- Intel Core i7 2.93 GHz CPU
- 12MB memory
- Win 7 Pro SP1 (oem) w/latest updates
- M-Audio Firewire 410
- Reason 8.3.1d21 (build 6,278)
- Selig Gain v1.2.3
Pitch blend normally are quite quick with fixes to thier code.I'm shure selig will be all ready on to them to correct what ever the bug is by now. :puf_bigsmile:

Wook

09 Oct 2015

Same here. Windows 10 64-bit.

MDTerps2015

09 Oct 2015

Funny huh, Imac latest osx and it works fine on mines. Go windows LMAO
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

dan_g

09 Oct 2015

Also not working for me. Win 7 64-bit, Reason 8.3.1

someone in the RE Facebook group fixed the problem with uninstalling gain, restarting, then reinstalling it.
but did not work for me
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Ostermilk

09 Oct 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:Funny huh, Imac latest osx and it works fine on mines. Go windows LMAO
El Capitan has spoken, nuff said... :lol:

JNeffLind

09 Oct 2015

Fear not folks. In my experience Selig is pretty conscientious about such things. I expect he's working on it at this very moment.

(I'm assuming someone has notified him...)

badmind36

10 Oct 2015

same error here, Win 10 x64 / newest version of Reason

EDIT: Went ahead and shot Selig an email, though I'm sure someone already has... but just incase nobody did, better safe than sorry lol
:reason: :re: :refill: :twisted:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

10 Oct 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:Funny huh, Imac latest osx and it works fine on mines. Go windows LMAO
This is precisely why forum ratings need a Dislike button as well.

joeyluck

10 Oct 2015

I don't understand bugs such as this.
Aren't REs supposed to work cross platform? If they are future proof (meaning they will work in Reason even with future installments of the OS; granted those OS versions work with Reason) then why the different behaviors across platforms? Is this to say devs need beta testers on different OS's and OS versions? Would seem very un-Rack Extension-like if that were the case...at least to my understanding of how REs have been advertised.

Deep Schulzz

10 Oct 2015

dan_g wrote:Also not working for me. Win 7 64-bit, Reason 8.3.1

someone in the RE Facebook group fixed the problem with uninstalling gain, restarting, then reinstalling it.
but did not work for me
I tried this - but no success :cry:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

10 Oct 2015

joeyluck wrote:I don't understand bugs such as this.
Aren't REs supposed to work cross platform? If they are future proof (meaning they will work in Reason even with future installments of the OS; granted those OS versions work with Reason) then why the different behaviors across platforms? Is this to say devs need beta testers on different OS's and OS versions? Would seem very un-Rack Extension-like if that were the case...at least to my understanding of how REs have been advertised.
Are OSX and Windows the same?

EnochLight

10 Oct 2015

joeyluck wrote:Is this to say devs need beta testers on different OS's and OS versions?
Yes, ideally.
joeyluck wrote:Would seem very un-Rack Extension-like if that were the case...at least to my understanding of how REs have been advertised.
Well, you still need thorough testing for any software on as many platforms as possible to insure a stable product. The other benefits of RE's are still pretty evident. When I launch my default song project with Gain in my default song template, it immediately crashes and is disabled... but I can keep on working and save my project as usual. I can even open the saved projects and continue to work on them. Once Pitchblende fixes the issue, my projects will resume as if nothing happened. Not too shabby!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Majestik Monkey

10 Oct 2015

IMO the device should have not even made to the shop ? especially crashing on two different OS's .......
Something that is that Broken could corrupt Song files !!!!!

selig
RE Developer

10 Oct 2015

Hi all, I've been working on finding out what is going on here, but was occupied yesterday celebrating a good friend's birthday so I haven't had a chance to reply to all those who have notified me. We think we may have found the issue, and it seems to be 100% Windows related.

This update fixed a very small issue that was the result of a previous fix, and I've been testing it on my mac system for some time now finally deciding it was safe to release in the wild. It was my mistaken assumption that since it was so minor and actually restored a previous functionality that if I didn't see any issues, everything would be fine. Sorry for using you Windows users as my beta testers, a fix is on the way!

~Giles
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

10 Oct 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:IMO the device should have not even made to the shop ? especially crashing on two different OS's .......
This has never happened before to any other RE to my knowledge, as it would be impossible to save the song file since it crashes Reason (think about it)!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

10 Oct 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Are OSX and Windows the same?
EnochLight wrote:
joeyluck wrote:Is this to say devs need beta testers on different OS's and OS versions?
Yes, ideally.
I suppose my question was a dumb one. I guess I had this idea from when they announced REs—talking about developers not needing to worry about updates to different operating systems... I figured that applied across the spectrum. If there's something in a particular RE that breaks in Mac OS X now, but not Windows, what says it won't break in a later version of Windows down the road? Because we are told it won't. Are we talking more about the Windows version of Reason here more so than the operating system itself? Just trying to wrap my head around something that is likely over my head :)

doctecazoid

10 Oct 2015

selig wrote:Hi all, I've been working on finding out what is going on here <snip> We think we may have found the issue, and it seems to be 100% Windows related. <snip> a fix is on the way!
Music to my ears, thanks for the quick response. I'll keep an eye out for the fixed version (v1.2.4?).

Majestik Monkey

10 Oct 2015

selig wrote:
Majestik Monkey wrote:IMO the device should have not even made to the shop ? especially crashing on two different OS's .......
This has never happened before to any other RE to my knowledge, as it would be impossible to save the song file since it crashes Reason (think about it)!
Good point Giles ! But it still should not have been in the shop :lol:

normen

10 Oct 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Are OSX and Windows the same?
Are two MacBooks the same?

@joey: The actual binaries for OSX and Windows are still different and compiled with different toolchains for each platform.

selig
RE Developer

10 Oct 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:
selig wrote:
Good point Giles ! But it still should not have been in the shop :lol:
True, it should not have been in the shop, hindsight is 20/20! Lesson learned - Windows is not OSX.
Selig Audio, LLC

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

10 Oct 2015

normen wrote:
Are two MacBooks the same?
If they can both load Giles' device, then yes, yes they probably are.

• Information