What to get....

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jallen97

03 Oct 2015

I've been thinking about getting a little something and wondered if anyone has any input for me. I generally enjoy interesting pads and most of the music I make is kind of in a chill sort of vain I guess. I have Antidote and Revival. Also, I play live with pads a lot from an old machine with 4G of RAM. So, CPU can be an issue.

Here are the 3 things I am considering:
Monopoly
Mixfood Orange
Digital Genome refill

I did the trial for Monpoly a long time ago. I remember liking it but it was such a long time ago I don't remember it much. Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot out there I've found for Monopoly in terms of demos. It seems like most people who have Monopoly love it.

Just wondering what others think....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNeffLind

03 Oct 2015

When I think chill I think Vecto or Parsec. Both a bit pricey but worth trialing if your price range extends that high. Vecto is great for strings/choir sounds sounds, Parsec for kind of ethereal new agey glassy sparkly sounds. Not sure about CPU on either.

Spryx

03 Oct 2015

I second Vecto for pads. The choir pad from the track in my sig is Vecto.
latest:

Tincture

03 Oct 2015

Only have korg monopoly.

It's ok for pads... Goes very! Wide. But it's not my goto for pads. It doesn't have a very good or extensive soundbank so you'll need to tweak or preferably start from scratch to get good sounds. I use it a lot.

dvdrtldg

03 Oct 2015

Yeah out of the 3 you mention there, I'd recommend MonoPoly. It's not exactly a pad monster but if you build your sounds from the ground up, you'll find there's a lot you can do. The layout is a bit fidgety but overall it's the best value RE synth imo

NaviRetlav

04 Oct 2015

jallen97 wrote:
I did the trial for Monpoly a long time ago. I remember liking it but it was such a long time ago I don't remember it much. Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot out there I've found for Monopoly in terms of demos. It seems like most people who have Monopoly love it.
If you need more demos for the monopoly sounds, here is one we did for our monopoly ReFill. All sounds are straight out of monopoly no other REs or FX used here. :)

jallen97

04 Oct 2015

Thanks! I think your refill is what got me thinking again about getting Monopoly again[FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
Those are some great sounds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Information