Kuassa EVE-AT Bundle or Just the MP5

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
KIKBAK1

29 Sep 2015

So I have a decision to make. I'm sold on the EVE MP5, but wondering if I should just get the EVE bundle. I'd like to hear feedback from EVE AT bundle owners as well as MP5 owners. Are you guys using all 3 EQs?
KIKBAK1.com

joeyluck

29 Sep 2015

I only own and have really use the MP5. I use it on the master and vocals. The other EQs might be useful to me at some point, but not on my radar at the moment. I'm sure someone who owns all can chime in with different applications of each EQ.

KIKBAK1

29 Sep 2015

So far I really like the MP5 on drums & synths. Only been demoing for a couple days.
KIKBAK1.com

challism

29 Sep 2015

I own the AT4 and I never use it, don't really like it. I imagine the AT1 is pretty much the same. I am, however, strongly considering the MP5 because of all the positive reviews. I still haven't tried it, though... I'm waiting for a sale to try it.

I own the McDSP EQ bundle and use it a lot. I'm very happy with all 3 of them.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

gak

30 Sep 2015

challism wrote:I own the AT4 and I never use it, don't really like it. I imagine the AT1 is pretty much the same.
Gonna go with a gigantic NO on that :lol:

I demoed the 4 and the 1 at the time they were on sale. They are nothing alike other than aesthetics. The 1 is invaluable to me, I didn't care for the 4. Something about the curves. You can actually see the difference in a schem. Anyways, that's how my ears roll.

What I like is that it has LP/HP filters that do a nice job w/o killing things completely. The filters are ok on the 4, but I didn't care for the way the shelves worked. To put them in peak seemed redundant to the 1 which has 4 bands and H/LP vs 3 that I didn't even like.

KIKBAK1

30 Sep 2015

challism wrote:I own the AT4 and I never use it, don't really like it. I imagine the AT1 is pretty much the same.

I own the McDSP EQ bundle and use it a lot. I'm very happy with all 3 of them.

I've tried out the brown McDSP EQ. Sounds vintage and I like. I'm not a fan of their interfaces, I think that green EQ is hideous so is that moo thing. They are probaly great sounding though.
KIKBAK1.com

KIKBAK1

30 Sep 2015

[/quote]

What I like is that it has LP/HP filters that do a nice job w/o killing things completely. The filters are ok on the 4, but I didn't care for the way the shelves worked. To put them in peak seemed redundant to the 1 which has 4 bands and H/LP vs 3 that I didn't even like.[/quote]

Yeah those filters are handy. They sound great. They sound different to the SSL filters.

I never thought I'd buy more EQ's ( yeah I thought the SSl EQs were all I needed) But those Kuassa EQs & that brown McDSP eq have a certain character that I like!
KIKBAK1.com

KIKBAK1

30 Sep 2015

*Update* bought the Kuassa bundle and the brown compressor and Eq from McDSP for good measure. Thanks for the feedback!
KIKBAK1.com

• Information