ARTURIA answerd a message on Porting Mini V2 to REASON

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

24 Sep 2015

I asked them about it a few days ago . although hey have nothing planed..they are welcomed to see how many people would actually be interested, then I assume they would make a decision based on that...so anyone up for letting them know..what you think ?
Hi,

There is currently nothing planned concerning the porting of Mini V to Reason as it would require a specific development.

However, I invite you to submit a ticket to our support team in order to express your wish to see our program being ported to Reason by using the form available at this address:
http://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp/purchase
(Please select "Other" in the drop-down list under "What are you trying to do ?" and "I have questions about a specific product" in the "Type of problem" drop-down-list).

We take in account the user demands in order to plan this type of development.

I remain at your disposal in case of need regarding this subject or any other one.

Best regard,
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

raymondh

24 Sep 2015

Done!

You also have to enter a dummy order number. I used XX-000000-XXXXXX-000

I'd really like the Jupiter 8V. But all of their vintage synth emulations are great.

pjeudy

24 Sep 2015

raymondh wrote:Done!

I'd really like the Jupiter 8V. But all of their vintage synth emulations are great.
My thought has always been after a Mini V2...I would go crazy for there Jupiter 8v...no question :thumbs_up:
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

pjeudy

24 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote:Maybe create a poll? Or do they want us to all submit individual tickets?
Individual tickets..is what they wanted...but nothing wrong with linking a Poll to there e-mail..facebook page or where ever !!!
So a poll that said something like would you be interested in ARTURIA instruments into REASON?

bpmorton

24 Sep 2015

Why when there is Viking? Thor is pretty capable at doing Moog emulations as well. I'd rather see the Matrix 12.

Hydrosonic

24 Sep 2015

I'm pretty sure they have someone who works in marketing, I'm sure they know about PHs Reason and REs, I bet they looked at it and just thought nah... You got a pleseant "no"

pjeudy

24 Sep 2015

bpmorton wrote:Why when there is Viking? Thor is pretty capable at doing Moog emulations as well. I'd rather see the Matrix 12.
Viking is not the ARTURIA Mini V. I have Viking...and The Mini V sounds killer to my ears..!
I don't like how the noise generator sound in Vking even before I heard the Mini V, they sound richer and brighter to me on the MNI V. The filter in the MINI V is much smoother the resonance in The MINI V is extremely clean, the OSC in Arturia Mini V sound much better to me then Vking. Vk1 is mono,and has no unison. I have the Viking initialized in a combinator with a saturation knob and pulvarizer for a parallel comp...just to give VK1 some beef.

to be fair Vking..is an emulation of a Moog Voyager...Mini V is a Model D

Arturia Mini V has a killer sounding Vocal filter and arpegiator, More Modulation Matrix slots,built in delay,chorus etc...that Viking doesn't have...and to me it sounds fantastic! :puf_bigsmile:

Thor is capable....I've copied Sylenth patches in to Thor..but that doesn't mean that if we ever get Sylenth in REASON that I will not want to purchase it. As a matter of fact why buy any more synth...since we have THOR? unless it something like Oberon,ZERO,QUAD,PX7 ect..?

Let them know about the Matrix 12 !!
Last edited by pjeudy on 25 Sep 2015, edited 3 times in total.

pjeudy

24 Sep 2015

Hydrosonic wrote:I'm pretty sure they have someone who works in marketing, I'm sure they know about PHs Reason and REs, I bet they looked at it and just thought nah... You got a pleseant "no"
That's the spirit :thumbs_up:

Hydrosonic

25 Sep 2015

pjeudy wrote:
Hydrosonic wrote:I'm pretty sure they have someone who works in marketing, I'm sure they know about PHs Reason and REs, I bet they looked at it and just thought nah... You got a pleseant "no"
I want reason to succeed as much as you, sorry if my reply came over as blunt. I meant no offence

pjeudy

25 Sep 2015

Hydrosonic wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
I want reason to succeed as much as you, sorry if my reply came over as blunt. I meant no offence
NAh..not at all...I don't work for Props, I'm not in there will ...and using REASON doesn't depend of others opinion...can you imagine if it did...we would be chasing/switching after every company that announces a new DAW :puf_smile:

joeyluck

25 Sep 2015

Ha ha.

I used RE-012345-PLEASE-123

bpmorton

25 Sep 2015

pjeudy wrote:
bpmorton wrote:Why when there is Viking? Thor is pretty capable at doing Moog emulations as well. I'd rather see the Matrix 12.
Viking is not the ARTURIA Mini V. I have Viking...and The Mini V sounds killer to my ears..!
I don't like how the noise generator sound in Vking even before I heard the Mini V, they sound richer and brighter to me on the MNI V. The filter in the MINI V is much smoother the resonance in The MINI V is extremely clean, the OSC in Arturia Mini V sound much better to me then Vking. Vk1 is mono,and has no unison. I have the Viking initialized in a combinator with a saturation knob and pulvarizer for a parallel comp...just to give VK1 some beef.

Arturia Mini V has a killer sounding Vocal filter and arpegiator, More Modulation Matrix slots,built in delay,chorus etc...that Viking doesn't have...and to me it sounds fantastic! :puf_bigsmile:

Thor is capable....I've copied Sylenth patches in to Thor..but that doesn't mean that if we ever get Sylenth in REASON that I will not want to purchase it. As a matter of fact why buy any more synth...since we have THOR? unless it something like Oberon,ZERO,QUAD,PX7 ect..?

Let them know about the Matrix 12 !!
I agree with some of that about Viking. I just trialed it and every patch I thought "Thor could do this." I have only tried the demo of Prophet V so I'm not familiar with how Mini V sounds but I do own a vintage Moog (since 86) and can get Thor to sound exactly like it.

raymondh

25 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote:

Ha ha.

I used RE-012345-PLEASE-123
Excellent!!!! :)

joeyluck

25 Sep 2015

They just responded to my request and said this:
  • Thank you for your interest in the Arturia Instruments :)

Unfortunately, we haven't planned to release rack extensions for Reason.
Dunno if they just have to say something in response as they begin to consider requests?

DeltaHotelVictory

25 Sep 2015

They responded to me as well:
Hi Delta,

You're not the first one to send a rack extension request for Reason today ;)
Did you organize this with other users or is it simply a fluke?

We unfortunately haven't planned to release a rack extension for Reason.
Best regards,

Jerome
To which I replied:
Hi Jerome,

It is not really organised, but there is forum called ReasonTalk.com on which we have a discussion going about how awesome it would be to have the instruments in the Reason Rack. I am not sure if you can open this link:
http://reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7491584

In any case, you will probably get some more encouragement today from enthousiasts ;) We hope you will reconsider of course!

Best,

Delta

CharlyCharlzz

25 Sep 2015

I did send hem stuff but I used your link , I used to just send them E-mails but if you all using that link I did the same LOL
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

joeyluck

25 Sep 2015

Hmmm... so maybe a poll would be best? Not just a yes or no, but perhaps a multiple choice of most of their plugins so that Arturia can also gauge interest in particular plugins.

CharlyCharlzz

25 Sep 2015

direct request best , a pool is soul less IMO .
for exemple I dont care for there vst stuff in Reason , I want new things that are exclusife in Reason and not a half way done VST .

pjeudy

25 Sep 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:I want new things that are exclusife in Reason and not a half way done VST .
I'm interested in all VST's possibly coming to REASON and I'm also interested in anything that's coming to Reason only...(for a time)
ANTIDOTE is a taste of what's in the VST world..in away it's a very well done "half way done VST". DUNE lite in Reason is what ANTIDOTE is! again figuratively speaking. When I hear DUNE 2 I think of the ANTIDOTE OSC,reverb,delay,detune etc.... But Dune 2 Mops the floor with ANTIDOTE "feature wise" DUNE 2 to me it's ANTIDOTE on steroids!

So yea, give me anything VST in REASON....VST or the API in them is what everyone are subliminally asking Proprllerhead SDK to be as powerful as. :mrgreen:

raymondh

26 Sep 2015

I too received a "no plans" response from Arturia.

pjeudy

26 Sep 2015

raymondh wrote:I too received a "no plans" response from Arturia.
Same here. I think it will take some time for these things to develop.

CharlyCharlzz

26 Sep 2015

pjeudy wrote:
CharlyCharlzz wrote:I want new things that are exclusife in Reason and not a half way done VST .
I'm interested in all VST's possibly coming to REASON and I'm also interested in anything that's coming to Reason only...(for a time)
ANTIDOTE is a taste of what's in the VST world..in away it's a very well done "half way done VST". DUNE lite in Reason is what ANTIDOTE is! again figuratively speaking. When I hear DUNE 2 I think of the ANTIDOTE OSC,reverb,delay,detune etc.... But Dune 2 Mops the floor with ANTIDOTE "feature wise" DUNE 2 to me it's ANTIDOTE on steroids!

So yea, give me anything VST in REASON....VST or the API in them is what everyone are subliminally asking Proprllerhead SDK to be as powerful as. :mrgreen:

ok I admit it is interesting but look at what Arturia sayed to the OP (they would need to do combinator styll stuff and Articulation of the sound etc..) ,
now look at Quad from Rob and what do you see ? a exclusif synth for reason with combinator styll programing :D

Riverman

26 Sep 2015

I have Arturia V collection & Spark. They all sound great! I'd like to use SparkLE to control Reason's transport or maybe the Redrum step sequencer. Anyone know of any mapping?
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

• Information