Sononics Revival & GSX On Sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
RCurrie311

24 Sep 2015

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that Revival and GSX are on sale in the Propellerhead Shop until October 15th! The bundle is automatically on sale as well :cool: If you're not into the vintage organ/synth thing, be sure to take a hard look at Revival just for its effects rack. You can plug in any track or instrument on Revival's back panel.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=sononics

Cheers!
~Bob Currie - Sononics

Exowildebeest

24 Sep 2015

Revival is one of the coolest, most characterful RE synths imo, highly recommended!

joeyluck

24 Sep 2015

Who the heck could turn down the opportunity to have the bundle at that price?!
Many devs usually remove their bundles during sales such as this...

mcatalao
Competition Winner

24 Sep 2015

Get it Get it Get it!!! Amazing sounding devices!

eusti

24 Sep 2015

Both devices are great! Have no regrets having bought both of them a while ago!
Still would love those additional patches that you hinted at back in the PUF days, RCurrie311. ;)

D.

challism

24 Sep 2015

Revival is amazing. I love it. I love the sounds this thing makes, and it's easy to program (at least for me). If you aren't into the organ/synth sounds, as mentioned earlier, it's well worth the price just for the fx. The preamps, rotor speaker sims, wah and cabinets are all fantastic.

I would love to see Revival get updated with a new bunch of patches, as was hinted during the PUF days, as well.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

zeebot

24 Sep 2015

eusti wrote: Still would love those additional patches that you hinted at back in the PUF days, RCurrie311. ;)

D.
And also the video tutorials that were coming.

I am frustrated by Revival, I know it can be amazing but would love a tutorial or two to get my head around the device.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Ronin

24 Sep 2015

Revival is a great synth, and not even just for organs.
Sadly, I dont have the time or patience to learn to program it, so I am forced to rely on presets or refills.

MarkTarlton

24 Sep 2015

RCurrie311 wrote:Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that Revival and GSX are on sale in the Propellerhead Shop until October 15th! The bundle is automatically on sale as well :cool: If you're not into the vintage organ/synth thing, be sure to take a hard look at Revival just for its effects rack. You can plug in any track or instrument on Revival's back panel.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=sononics

Cheers!
~Bob Currie - Sononics
any news on the updated patches for revival?

dvdrtldg

24 Sep 2015

Ronin wrote:Revival is a great synth, and not even just for organs.
Sadly, I dont have the time or patience to learn to program it, so I am forced to rely on presets or refills.
It's well worth the effort, I was the same, until one morning I spent a few hours poring over the manual & sussing it all out. For me the main problem is the GUI, it's way too fiddly with all those tiny knobs. But once you get your head around a few peculiarities, it's straightforward enough to program. And hugely rewarding, I'm constantly surprised at the sounds I can get out of it, unlike any other synth in Reason. Particularly good for complex pads/drones with lots of harmonic content (especially when you get the drawbars going), and straight-up filthy basses

gak

25 Sep 2015

GSX has been on my radar for a long time so, now dl'ing the demo (though I'll likely not work with it much the next couple of days :(

alex

25 Sep 2015

Hey Bob,

I'm a proud Revival owner: great sounding synth with a powerful FX section!
I look forward to see more RE coming from Sononics! ;)

All the best,
Alessandro
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

gak

25 Sep 2015

GSX is a blast.

Neko the Jaguar

28 Sep 2015

GSX oh wow. What this does to fatten up drums is amazing.

miscend

28 Sep 2015

Thanks for the heads up! I picked up Revival it had been on my radar for a long time.

gak

29 Sep 2015

Well, though I rarely actually used "the finger" or "stutter edit" I feel this one is a no brainer at 25 bucks. The main reason is it's integrated into reason better than either of those were (depending on the host)

Slap chop some guitar? No problem. Beats are fine but maybe some bass lines or pads???? :)

gak

09 Oct 2015

hehe, hehe, hehe, he said "gas-ex" hehe hehe

Ok, I know everyone is hanging on by a thread about if I got and of course I did :)

Nice "the finger/stutter edit" fun and it was a whopping 25 bucks. Seemed to be pretty stable, didn't find anything totally out of wack.

Majestik Monkey

09 Oct 2015

I made this track using Revival using two of the Dubstep Bassline presets ! To my ears today ! the track sounds a little Flat & needs to be Redone !
perhaps more Glitchy or something added with GSX . . . i do own both ' lol

• Information