Cakewalk RE2A on Sale

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MirEko

25 Sep 2015

FET & this are a great combo in serial
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

riemac

25 Sep 2015

Can anybody tell how the CPU usage of this compressor is?
Is it compareable to the McDsp's?

decibel

25 Sep 2015

i have a lesson that was scheduled for monday that has been cancelled, thats $40 i have spare now, im wondering what i might have to miss out on to throw another $30 on top of that and just get this purchase out of the way once and for all :) lol, its my birthday soon, thats one way i could try and justify it to myself i guess ? haha

gak

25 Sep 2015

Crap, another RE's I've been looking at since DAY ONE that I have to demo now :lol:

joeyluck

25 Sep 2015

Hey everybody! This is an amazing compressor. You won't regret the purchase. It is a steal at this price.

So if you are considering it or you're on the fence—just go for it!
Show your thanks to Cakewalk from coming out of 'Rack Extension hiding' in order to show us some love and offer us this very nice deal. Show them that there is interest in Cakewalk REs...and who knows...maybe we'll see more from them! :)

Ronin

25 Sep 2015

I was also one of those waiting on a sale of this since forever.
I bought it instantly :)

joeyluck

25 Sep 2015

Ronin wrote:I was also one of those waiting on a sale of this since forever.
I bought it instantly :)
Me too. I think it's the first Rack Extension that I bought from my phone! Ha ha

gak

26 Sep 2015

Last edited by gak on 27 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

bpmorton

26 Sep 2015

I trialed this last night. Here is a track that I previously had rode the faders on the two solo guitars because I could not figure out the built in comps for guitar sustain. first with fader riding and second with the RE-2A. I like this thing and it's super easy to use. I don't know if I'm misusing it in this instance (guitar sustain) but it seems to do a good job.
Attachments
Brian Morton - Into the Night BOTH.mp3
(5.43 MiB) Downloaded 40 times

deepndark

26 Sep 2015

Why are all the REs I want, sale for cheaper at the end of the month, when I have no money? I get money only one day after the deadline (2th Oct.).

joeyluck

26 Sep 2015

deepndark wrote:Why are all the REs I want, sale for cheaper at the end of the month, when I have no money? I get money only one day after the deadline (2th Oct.).
Cross your fingers for a slow reset of prices?

deepndark

26 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote:
deepndark wrote:Why are all the REs I want, sale for cheaper at the end of the month, when I have no money? I get money only one day after the deadline (2th Oct.).
*Fingers Crossed*
Yeah, hope they have one more week it for that price. When I tried out different kind of compressors, I liked this the most. :puf_smile:

Rice

26 Sep 2015

Up until I got the McDSP's comps, this was my number one go to comp. I highly, highly recommend this to anyone who's been on the fence about getting it. I paid full price and was happy, so at this price it's a no-brainer. You will not (shouldn't) regret buying it!

pjeudy

26 Sep 2015

deepndark wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
*Fingers Crossed*
Yeah, hope they have one more week it for that price. When I tried out different kind of compressors, I liked this the most. :puf_smile:
I doubt that it will be the same price after 10/1/2015...Cakewalk Must know that this is a high demand device!
Unless you have direct deposit, then your only hope is that you can get the money before MattiasHG walks in to work on the 2nd at around 7 am Swedish time.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Gardinski

30 Sep 2015

Good Lordy Miss Claudie - this thing is FANTASTIC on vocals! I've just picked it up (somewhat fearful that it might be a waste, given that I already have the Softube FET), and it's working wonders with my notoriously uneven mic technique.

I have no regrets whatsoever about this. It feels like a game changer in terms of smoothing out vocals with minimal fuss.

gak

30 Sep 2015

Two more days. Pressure is mounting :lol:

On one hand, I love the sound of it. Not sure I like the "compression" as much as the sound. Weird, eh? I'm ordering a babyface pro later today so I feel really guilty about buying one of these and then if I don't use it all the time, I'll be mad at myself.

What's that you say? If it's not floating my boat then simply don't buy it? Well I should have called my forum name "yak" because I surely like yaking about all this. First world problems to be sure.

Dante

30 Sep 2015

Got it at last !! Love it !

gak

30 Sep 2015

The clincher is a song I want to post. Unfortunately I haven't got the balls to do soundcloud and I'm terrified of posting it to discover.

bpmorton

30 Sep 2015

Yes, I broke down and bought it too.

Jmax

30 Sep 2015

I can't bring myself to spend another 60 bucks on this. Yes with the poor Canadian dollar I pay a fortune now even when Re's are on sale. I bought Dune 2 the other day.. paid an arm and leg for it but I love it. In this case I already have the FET, McDSP, FXpansion and Selig leveler. After reading everyone's post I almost went ahead a hit the purchase button. But no, I can do anything I want with the other devices there is no need for this and I don't actually like GUI very much. I'm sure it sounds like gold though. Maybe I'll wait until the next sale. tsk tsk

joeyluck

30 Sep 2015

Jmax wrote:I can't bring myself to spend another 60 bucks on this. Yes with the poor Canadian dollar I pay a fortune now even when Re's are on sale. I bought Dune 2 the other day.. paid an arm and leg for it but I love it. In this case I already have the FET, McDSP, FXpansion and Selig leveler. After reading everyone's post I almost went ahead a hit the purchase button. But no, I can do anything I want with the other devices there is no need for this and I don't actually like GUI very much. I'm sure it sounds like gold though. Maybe I'll wait until the next sale. tsk tsk
This was similar to my reasoning during the last sale that was two years ago...
So very happy that I have it now! It is a unique tool amongst my compression options.

How can you dislike the GUI? It's pretty much exactly the same as it's hardware counterpart.
They even matched the back pretty damn closely! Won't find that in any other LA-2A emulation :)

Jmax

30 Sep 2015

I really do want this.. Might have to grab it tomorrow.. I know I'll feel guilty though i should be paying off debt. When i calculate the money i spend on junk anyways i guess its ok. I probably spend 80 easily on coffee a month lol.. Music purchases are always worth the money in my eyes. Am i talking to myself here. Someone else tell me once more how good it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjeudy

30 Sep 2015

RE 2A is finally mine...as of 11:57 pm :-) sale ends in a few hours.....now the long wait for Kilohearts One :-)
Last edited by pjeudy on 01 Oct 2015, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

gak

01 Oct 2015

Jmax wrote:I really do want this.. Might have to grab it tomorrow.. I know I'll feel guilty though i should be paying off debt. When i calculate the money i spend on junk anyways i guess its ok. I probably spend 80 easily on coffee a month lol.. Music purchases are always worth the money in my eyes. Am i talking to myself here. Someone else tell me once more how good it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gas at it's finest! :lol:

I can't ever recommend anything w/o a demo. It wasn't until a few hours ago that I went "oh my" on something I was working on. Probably will sound like shit to everyone else! :x

• Information