Do I need Creme?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mbfrancis

12 Sep 2015

I'd love to hear from the guitarists who are using Reason only. Do I need Creme?

I have two guitars, a Tele and Jazzmaster. I play indie rock/pop, but sometimes do shoegaze or more punk-y stuff, so would like the option to go as hard / massive as I need to. I currently am using Vermillion and the Softube Amp. I trialed Creme an eon ago, but honestly didn't hear that much difference with Vermillion at the time, although I'm sure their different. What does Creme bring to the table sonically that I don't have now? I want to use my End of Summer Sale funds wisely.

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Resonator

13 Sep 2015

Creme is more like a Marshall amp, as Vermillion is to a Fender amp. If you want heavier tones, then go for it.

gak

13 Sep 2015

Creme is based on "badcat" and is mostly a high-gain amp. For me it's a necessity, for what you are describing I'd probably be more in tune with the vermilion you have (or the softube)

KnowKontrol

13 Sep 2015

I love Creme for guitars.... I have the heavier one and its amazing, I get a lot of the grit and harmonics that I am looking for. The noise gate in it is pretty good also.

mbfrancis

13 Sep 2015

Thanks, guys, makes sense. Trying to avoid buying more EQs and Comps just because they're on sale, but something that will bring new sonic flavors to the table. Seems like this fits the bill.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

esselfortium

13 Sep 2015

I bought Vermillion first, but so far I've gotten far more usage out of Creme, for my needs. It definitely has its own distinct sound.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

jfrichards

13 Sep 2015

Creme has three excellent distortion pedals and some great 4x12 cabinets. The distortion/gain of the amps and pre-amps is able to go 200-400% more intense than Vermilion. I like to use a Creme pedal with Vermilion and a Creme 4x12, sounds like a vintage Marshall. If you have Revival already, you don't need Creme so much. Revival effects/preamp -> Vermilion amp -> Revival cabinet = great tone. But Creme is seriously great by itself.

Some examples of what only Creme can do:

CharlyCharlzz

13 Sep 2015

One month Trial can always Help , testing is the best thing you can do IMO .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

esselfortium

13 Sep 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:One month Trial can always Help , testing is the best thing you can do IMO .
mbfrancis wrote:I trialed Creme an eon ago,
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

challism

13 Sep 2015

Revival is amazing just for the FX (the synth/organ is also amazing). Revival is fantastic. I'm glad to hear that Revival sort of makes Creme redundant, since I own Revival, but dont own Creme. I also own Vermilion, and am very happy with it... sounds great.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

JNeffLind

13 Sep 2015

challism wrote:Revival is amazing just for the FX (the synth/organ is also amazing). Revival is fantastic. I'm glad to hear that Revival sort of makes Creme redundant, since I own Revival, but dont own Creme. I also own Vermilion, and am very happy with it... sounds great.
But you can't put Revival in your coffee.

joeyluck

13 Sep 2015

I'm not a guitar player, but do use guitar samples (such as Shreddage) coupled with guitar effects, so perhaps this is why this is over my head...

But I seem to always get the two Kuassa guitar amps mixed up. When I see the name and logo of Vermillion, I think of it serving the purpose of Creme (and vice versa)—as in Vermillion being the the one intended for heavy metal and Creme being intended for more clean sounds. But that of course is not the case.

Anyways, great sounding plugins! :)

Tincture

13 Sep 2015

I'd be surprised if you need Creme Martin, having listened to your music. Hope I'm not tarring you with a brush (?). I just know that even I use vermilion more than creme and I like a bit of harsh ;)

challism

13 Sep 2015

JNeffLind wrote:But you can't put Revival in your coffee.
Try to stop me! ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mbfrancis

14 Sep 2015

Tincture wrote:I'd be surprised if you need Creme Martin, having listened to your music. Hope I'm not tarring you with a brush (?). I just know that even I use vermilion more than creme and I like a bit of harsh ;)
Haha no worries, Tincture - I bought it...we'll see how it goes. Thanks all!

Marco Raaphorst

14 Sep 2015

if you want a tick overdriven sound that is also transparent then you need Creme. using neck pickups in particular.

jfrichards

14 Sep 2015

Creme is good.

mbfrancis

15 Sep 2015

OK, so I played with Creme last night, and it definitely fills a gap I have for big massive guitar sounds. It does feel a little one-note though, the # of presets is disappointing (no combis?!?). I'll have to play with the distortion pedals a bit more, they definitely sound nice. I tried to hook up John's Creme Pedal > Vermillion Amp > Creme Cabinet but it sounded sad and small. (John could you possibly post a combi?)

Here's something I was messing around with, a shoegaze-y thing where I ran Creme mega-distorted parallel with a chime-y thing on Vermillion: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13212283. This is my Tele running both pickups. Woohoo let's party like it's '92!!!

Tincture

15 Sep 2015

Just had a listen... nice combination of sounds. Pretty but with a dirty gusset. As for '92... I'm having a bit of a Mudhoney revival in my listening at the minute so '88 to '92 is appropriate. Next up Sonic Youth... discords heaven.

• Information