Heavyweight showdown...

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Which of the recent heavyweights will join the hall of fame?

Poll ended at 10 Oct 2015

Vecto
30%
Oberon
19%
Red 70
1%
Hydronexius
13%
Zero
32%
NONE!!! They're all pretenders.
4%

Total votes: 77
Emian

11 Sep 2015

K.Markov wrote:pLansford took off his tracks, don't know why
oh, he's done that before.....

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

EpiGenetik

11 Sep 2015

Arrant wrote:
Lowlifebware wrote:Havent heard Hydronexius yet, and was kinda disappointed that they didn't do a song contest with it
Sure they did
http://reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7491250
Dayum! Couldn't see it for looking at it - Thanks for letting me know :)

Jagwah

11 Sep 2015

Ashpool wrote:Zero: This is some kind of IL Sytrus "light" ;) . I really like the versatility of this RE! It is a FM synth with RM, AM and subtractive synthesis in the end. The sound quality if this RE just blew me away. My first impression was not that great because I think I was confused by the colorful design. But after I tried this one I realized that this is a must have for me. A lot of controls on the back and very nice sounding FX. I guess Zero needs some more know-how than the other synth REs here if you like to master it but I think it is worth it.

I don't see Zero as being such a 'light' version of Sytrus at all. I think the automation possibilities may be even better than Sytrus as you can only scale the degree of automation of all the operators with the 'X' and 'Y' knobs turning them all together compared to automating all of them however you want in Zero. Plus being the nature of Reason we have modifiable CV routings capable of doing many different things with Zero.

You forgot to mention additive synthesis, that's there in Zero too.

There are a few FX in Sytrus that aren't in Zero but we really aren't missing out on much.

It definitely requires some know-how, but in general it's more of a dedication to learning and understanding FM Synthesis. Well worth the effort imo.

Take a look at Rob Papen's Punch as a Rack Extension, now that's a 'light' version... SPEW! SPEW!
Last edited by Jagwah on 13 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

JNeffLind

12 Sep 2015

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

• Information