Tone Mutation Vocals - I'm impressed!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrochoc (PRX-A)

07 Sep 2015

I'm no longer very present on this forum, but I wanted to share a little something with you. Since many Rack Extensions are currently on sale, I decided to try a Rack Extensions I wanted to try since a long time: Tone Mutation Vocals, from Numerical Sound. A long-term goal of mine is to create a synth that sounds like a vocal line or a choir, to add some human flavor to my songs. And, up to now, I failed to do so with the synths and effects I have in Reason. But, even if I was not impressed at all by the demos on its shop page, I felt Tone Mutation Vocals could have been the missing piece to reach my goal.

My first result with Tone Mutation Vocals were, to me at least, mind-blowing! Sure, some tweaking and a modestly complex Combinator have been necessary to make my setting to sound the way I wanted, but I am truly impressed by the results I got! So I decided to share the result with you (a result that would need some mastering, but, well, it's only a first draft). In the SoundCloud link below, you will hear:

- First half: Thors and EDS06s, transformed by Tone Mutation Vocals, coupled with many other effects like choruses and reverbs (the female vocal-line requiered Polar too: I've discovered that, by raising the pitch about 5 semi-tones with Polar after Tone Mutation Vocals, a female voice can easily be achieved!);
- Second half: the same thing, but with all instances of Tone Mutation Vocals bypassed.

I hope this might somewhat help some of you! :puf_smile:
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

JNeffLind

07 Sep 2015

I'm impressed man. This is some cool stuff. I was eyeing that RE as well but was not too impressed with the demos. This is cool though. That female voice sounds legit.

craven

07 Sep 2015

the female and male voice are pretty good indeed, there must be similar standalone convolution files (as I can't afford another RE atm)

:ugeek:

ivar

07 Sep 2015

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote: I hope this might somewhat help some of you! :puf_smile:
hi i love this Re too. your sounds are amazing, maybee you can provide a reason patch for it ;-)))

electrochoc (PRX-A)

07 Sep 2015

ivar wrote:
electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote: I hope this might somewhat help some of you! :puf_smile:
hi i love this Re too. your sounds are amazing, maybee you can provide a reason patch for it ;-)))
Yep! I can't right now, but I'll post the patches (male and female), probably tomorrow. The thing is that they requier other Rack Extensions to sound as in my demo track. The RE used were:

- DR-1 Deep Reberb
- DC-2 Dual Chorus
- Morfin XF Crossfader (free and a must-have anyway!)
- Polar (for the female patch)

Would it be fine for you? I remember having tried to replace the Synapse's devices with stock devices, and it sounded pretty bad... I could try harder to integrate the stock devices to the patches if you prefer...

ahs

07 Sep 2015

yes veeery good female voice. i am looking forward for a patch !!!

JNeffLind

07 Sep 2015

I personally don't have either of the Synapse effects but maybe I could substitute in a Chenille and a TSAR-1R. Of course there would be others that wouldn't have those particular effects. If you're feeling generous with your time, making patches with stock devices (except Polar which is indispensable and Morfin which is free) would be awesome. If I were you I'd be tempted to put together a refill with a few well crafted patches and sell it. (cheap I hope).

I have been eyeing the DR-1 and these are some seriously awesome sounds. Decisions decisions.

ivar

07 Sep 2015

hi electrochoc
i use the same synapse/polar RE as you do. i am very curious about your patches. you did a great job with it . i am working on a wendy/walter carlos sound on inspired by altmeister bach. this needs tone mutation, but my voice sound isnt half as good as yours

best regards and thank you
ivar

joeyluck

07 Sep 2015

Curious why Numerical Sound hasn't started selling ReFills to us to use with the RV7000 MkII...
I would think the impulses might have more appeal that way as the RV7000 is a bit more flexible.
They could also churn out libraries faster without having to make Rack Extensions...

electrochoc (PRX-A)

09 Sep 2015

Hi again!

Here are the patches! Note those are very basic things, without any assignation for any of the Combinator's knob or button... But that will give you some basics to reproduce sounds like the ones I posted. There are four patches: two females and two males, each one made with Synapse's chorus and reverb or with stock chorus and reverb.

In this zip file, you'll find four patches, with the following RE requierements:

- female-voice-lite: Tone Mutation Vocals, Polar, Morfin XF Crossfader.
- female-voice-original: Tone Mutation Vocals, Polar, Morfin XF Crossfader, DR-1 Deep Reverb, DC-2 Dual Chorus.
- male-voice-lite: Tone Mutation Vocals, Morfin XF Crossfader.
- male-voice-original: Tone Mutation Vocals, Morfin XF Crossfader, DR-1 Deep Reverb, DC-2 Dual Chorus.

I hope this will help you! :puf_smile:
Attachments
thor-tmv-voices.zip
(114.5 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

ahs

09 Sep 2015

thanks
now i want a retrial for Tone Mutations

JNeffLind

09 Sep 2015

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:Hi again!

Here are the patches! Note those are very basic things, without any assignation for any of the Combinator's knob or button... But that will give you some basics to reproduce sounds like the ones I posted. There are four patches: two females and two males, each one made with Synapse's chorus and reverb or with stock chorus and reverb.

In this zip file, you'll find four patches, with the following RE requierements:

- female-voice-lite: Tone Mutation Vocals, Polar, Morfin XF Crossfader.
- female-voice-original: Tone Mutation Vocals, Polar, Morfin XF Crossfader, DR-1 Deep Reverb, DC-2 Dual Chorus.
- male-voice-lite: Tone Mutation Vocals, Morfin XF Crossfader.
- male-voice-original: Tone Mutation Vocals, Morfin XF Crossfader, DR-1 Deep Reverb, DC-2 Dual Chorus.

I hope this will help you! :puf_smile:
Awesome! I'll definitely be playing with this.

xxASMxx

09 Sep 2015

I'm surprised ReStereo stayed at the $69.00 price. I have waited for this item to go on sale but it never seems to. I have read some of the negative comments from others but during my demo period I found it to be quite useful, albeit subtle. It's definitely a 'specialized application' item so I have struggled with the asking price and continued to purchase other RE's that are multi-functional instead.

Hmm? I guess I'll keep waiting.

ivar

09 Sep 2015

guten abend electrochoc
thank you very much for charing your patches. you created a very inspiring patch.
best regards
ivar

K1TTENM1TTEN

09 Sep 2015

xxASMxx wrote:I'm surprised ReStereo stayed at the $69.00 price. I have waited for this item to go on sale but it never seems to. I have read some of the negative comments from others but during my demo period I found it to be quite useful, albeit subtle. It's definitely a 'specialized application' item so I have struggled with the asking price and continued to purchase other RE's that are multi-functional instead.

Have you tried Mr. OverDrive? It's stereo spread control is what made me hop on board with it. I don't use overdrive much, but I sure do use that stereo spread on that device a ton.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

09 Sep 2015

xxASMxx wrote:I'm surprised ReStereo stayed at the $69.00 price. I have waited for this item to go on sale but it never seems to.
I'm tempted to think this is a mistake... You could write to Numerical Sound or Propellerhead to ask them if it is one and to find a way to fix this!

xxASMxx

09 Sep 2015

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:
xxASMxx wrote:I'm surprised ReStereo stayed at the $69.00 price. I have waited for this item to go on sale but it never seems to. I have read some of the negative comments from others but during my demo period I found it to be quite useful, albeit subtle. It's definitely a 'specialized application' item so I have struggled with the asking price and continued to purchase other RE's that are multi-functional instead.

Have you tried Mr. OverDrive? It's stereo spread control is what made me hop on board with it. I don't use overdrive much, but I sure do use that stereo spread on that device a ton.
I picked up Mr. Overdrive a couple of months ago and really like it...a lot! ReStereo had a couple of patches (6 or so) and I can't remember the names but they had a really special effect that I haven't been able to replicate since. There is something about this device that I really liked.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion :)

xxASMxx

09 Sep 2015

electrochoc (PRX-A) wrote:
xxASMxx wrote:I'm surprised ReStereo stayed at the $69.00 price. I have waited for this item to go on sale but it never seems to.
I'm tempted to think this is a mistake... You could write to Numerical Sound or Propellerhead to ask them if it is one and to find a way to fix this!
I definitely will...thanks

Biolumin3sc3nt

09 Sep 2015

I was impressed by ReStereo as well. Let us know if the price changes

xxASMxx

09 Sep 2015

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:I was impressed by ReStereo as well. Let us know if the price changes
I contacted Ernest and received a reply email ReStereo will be on sale for $39.00. It was suppose to be marked down he is contacting Propellerhead to get the changes made...I think he may mention it in a post here as well.

Aquila

10 Sep 2015

Hey thanks for that great example electrochoc. It's definitely increased my interest in this RE.

Jagwah

10 Sep 2015

Yeah cool man I'm very interested in this one and have it sitting in my shop cart, will probably pick it up tomorrow.

• Information