Rig bundles requirements a lie?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

07 Sep 2015

adorable.jpg
adorable.jpg (71.14 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Gulale

07 Sep 2015

normen wrote: And really, another "they dropped the price after I bought it" complaint? /yawn
what?? where are you trying to take my perception man? what I wanted to show you is how propellerhead pretend for new reason users or comers trying to show how much they have been giving this discount since 2012 which I have never seen.
Gulale aka Bereket

Namahs Amrak

07 Sep 2015

It might be that they have chosen the date of the oldest RE in the bundle. Rack extensions were only released in 2012 !
My Words are my ART

craven

07 Sep 2015

Gulale wrote:
normen wrote: And really, another "they dropped the price after I bought it" complaint? /yawn
what?? where are you trying to take my perception man? what I wanted to show you is how propellerhead pretend for new reason users or comers trying to show how much they have been giving this discount since 2012 which I have never seen.
yes, you are right, it looks like the rig bundles were released end of 2012 when they were actually just released this year.
:ugeek:

normen

08 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:I would prefer you refrained from PERSONAL attacks and insults, Normen. Please try and behave yourself, and if you don't wish to view the full gamut of legitimate observations and opinions on various topics, you are welcome to use the forum's ignore feature as you see fit.

You may also wish to review the forum rules.
I never attacked you personally "Karma Shaman", how would I even be able to with you running about the web with a fake name. I said theres a difference between voicing your opinion and being a dick. Appaently you consider yourself on the dick side then, thats not my problem.

Namahs Amrak

08 Sep 2015

normen wrote: I never attacked you personally "Karma Shaman", how would I even be able to with you running about the web with a fake name.
Uh , over 95% of users here have a 'fake name'. Welcome to internet forums. Not much of a secondary attack on my character, buddy.

Your continued attacks are tiresome, and I would suggest that if you are unable to behave yourself, then simply block me in your settings. :roll:
My Words are my ART

normen

08 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Uh , over 95% of users here have a 'fake name'. Welcome to internet forums. Not much of a secondary attack on my character, buddy.
No, the question was how am I supposed to attack you personally if all I'm talking to is a fake persona on the internet?

Namahs Amrak

08 Sep 2015

*sigh* do you need a hug, normen ?

Please stay on topic.

My Words are my ART

normen

08 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Image
A cat pic from a random person on the internet, how cute ^^

Ostermilk

08 Sep 2015

The only way to view this if you are an R7 owner is to re-appraise the bundles value after considering the fact that the demo songs are worthless, then decide whether what you ARE getting is still worth the asking price, if you feel like you are being short-changed then simply don't buy it.

Of course it should be noted at the point of sale that some of the demo content will not work for R7 users but other than that you'd have to really work hard to convince me that this is even an issue rather than an invention for the sake of moaning about something.

Namahs Amrak

08 Sep 2015

:wave: Get well soon, normen. Goodbye for now. Maybe I'll give your posts a chance in the future.

Moving right along, UNCLE ? Where's you been, Uncle Oster ? :D
My Words are my ART

ezelkow1

08 Sep 2015

well that was really fast, they updated the synthrig page already:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/synthetic-rig/

Please note: this Rig requires Reason 7.1 or higher. The included demo songs require Reason 8.2 or higher.

Bonkhead

08 Sep 2015

I very much agree with Normen and Exo :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :mrgreen:
Namahs Amrak wrote:It might be that they have chosen the date of the oldest RE in the bundle. Rack extensions were only released in 2012 !
This does make sence for a change.

And for the title, "a lie" is an untruth. And what is bought are bundled licenses. Licenses of RE's, not songs. Songs are extra material just to demonstrate the workings of bundles RE's. Hence, not a lie. I hope I answered the question for y'all.
Last edited by Bonkhead on 08 Sep 2015, edited 4 times in total.

ezelkow1

08 Sep 2015

you can keep saying that as much as you like but the included content in a bundle is listed on the bundle page
6Rack Extensions
32Tutorial videos
354Patches
5Example songs

All equal billing, no asterisks, no "this is only licenses of REs anything else, good luck". So it is not an untruth or a misrepresentation, hence why props changed the wording due to my email, if it was an untruth they would have told me to bugger off and that it wasnt a problem. I opened this to see if anyone else had the issue, at least one other person did, and now at this point props as at least put a notice on the store page (though not the product page). So at least now it wont be a problem for people in the future, at least if they read the store page first

mbfrancis

08 Sep 2015

“Rig bundles requirements a lie?”
“Props just lies on their requirements page?”
“I'm looking foreward to seeing what horshit anser you get.” [sic]
“Liars place their interest ahead of yours.”
“Smoke and mirrors, that all.”
“Propellerhead are DICKS and if you can't see that…then that is your choice to remain ignorant.”
“those lazy propellerhead people”

Wow, it's amazing the amount of rage you guys can work up and malfeasance you can insinuate over what was clearly a simple, human oversight on the part of PH. Their contributors made their templates and demo songs on R8, and since probably everyone at PH is already on R8 they didn't think anything of it. Careless, yes. Evil/lying, no. Assuming they don't have an R8 -> R7 converter, and it's not feasible to re-create the songs/templates in R7, the problem here is incorrect labeling, and the OP caught it.

How you guys go from that to "PH are evil and screw us at every opportunity" says *way* more about you than it does PH. Wow.

I won't even comment on "I told PH to change their pricing model for me and they didn't but I went and spent $2500 on REs anyway but that money is wasted because those REs later went on sale and look! look! the release date on the Rig *proves* that PH are evil liars." Woah.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Gulale

08 Sep 2015

They could have made those demo songs on version 7 if they really want to take care of their users, and make them usable if they want too. However, since they want you to upgrade to 8 for no reason they put it on version 8. Thats how I see it. And it is insulting for buyers. There is no deference between 7 and 8 in terms of audio engine except yesterday convolution reverb. Is there a convolution reverb inside those demo songs?
Gulale aka Bereket

gak

08 Sep 2015

normen wrote:
Namahs Amrak wrote:Image
A cat pic from a random person on the internet, how cute ^^
Always a first time for someone doing something right though ;)

Namahs Amrak

08 Sep 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Careless, yes. Evil/lying, no.
mbfrancis wrote:How you guys go from that to "PH are evil and screw us at every opportunity" says *way* more about you than it does PH. Wow.
mbfrancis wrote:the release date on the Rig *proves* that PH are evil liars." Woah.
Whoa indeed. As far as I can see, you're the only one repeatedly using the word 'evil' to describe Propellerhead.

Folks seem to be losing sight of the OP's concern, simply because it doesn't relate to them. Personally I don't see the issue for myself, because I have never opened a demo song, but I can express empathy over his post. It's not for anyone else to say whether there is any value in the demo songs. Maybe he would like to see examples of how the back panel is wired up with devices, and learn from that ? Perhaps he just feels misled when a complete bundle stating 'compatible with 7.1' is not actually a complete bundle for him. The demo songs make up the bundle, and perhaps he made the purchase fully expecting to see how complex cable routing is done by the pro's.

There are very defined criteria in my country regarding misleading advertising, and if this had happened in Australia, the purchaser would be within his rights to ask, and receive, a full refund or equivalent restitution. We can't say Propellerhead are 'evil', or even deliberately deceiving customers for financial gain, but we CAN say that this is another instance where their careless and sloppy attention to detail has inadvertently mislead at least one customer. I wouldn't even say their mistake here is 'unethical', although I would say it's unethical if they failed to take responsibility for their oversight and not make amends to the OP and anyone else who has felt 'ripped off' by this error.

Surely a dead-easy fix, without requiring a refund, would be to recreate the same demo songs in 7.1, right ? I can see the complications of a full refund if there are ReFills in the bundle (ie no anti piracy licencing, therefore the disgruntled customer could keep using them after a refund).

SO let's take a broader view of each person's requirements, instead of slagging off the OP for being pedantic.
My Words are my ART

mbfrancis

09 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Whoa indeed. As far as I can see, you're the only one repeatedly using the word 'evil' to describe Propellerhead.
Huh? Fine, not "evil" - "lying" "lazy" "dicks" and "liars" then (their words). Happy? Is that different? No. The point was *out the gate* the OP himself accused PH of lying (it's in the title!), which implies intent, and his supporters piled on the insinuations. I totally understand OP's concern - the product is clearly incorrectly labeled, and he may even be entitled to a refund and/or free stuff for his troubles...great, I genuinely appreciate when this stuff is caught. But I call BS on hurling baseless invective at a company staffed by humans doing their best.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

normen

09 Sep 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Huh? Fine, not "evil" - "lying" "lazy" "dicks" and "liars" then (their words). Happy? Is that different? No. The point was *out the gate* the OP himself accused PH of lying (it's in the title!), which implies intent, and his supporters piled on the insinuations. I totally understand OP's concern - the product is clearly incorrectly labeled, and he may even be entitled to a refund and/or free stuff for his troubles...great, I genuinely appreciate when this stuff is caught. But I call BS on hurling baseless invective at a company staffed by humans doing their best.
4get it. He'll go off on tangents, falsely state who was addressed by what you said or simply start posting cat pics if you don't leave any sentence that he could reinterpret in his image.

Namahs Amrak

09 Sep 2015

mbfrancis wrote: Fine, not "evil" - "lying" "lazy" "dicks" and "liars" then (their words). Happy? Is that different? No.
I would suggest that your use of the word 'evil is very different to the other terms you reference. 'Evil' is the stuff of Religion, Hollywood and Fairytales. Nobody has implied such a thing in this thread.
mbfrancis wrote:his supporters piled on the insinuations.
All two of them ? The vast majority of posters to this thread are either critical or dismissive of the OP's complaint.
mbfrancis wrote:"lying" "lazy" "dicks" and "liars" then (their words)
The word 'Dick' only appears once in this thread to reference Propellerhead. It does, however, appear on two other occasions where one member is directing the word towards another member. I don't see you rushing to the victim's defense to condemn those statements.
mbfrancis wrote: a company staffed by humans doing their best.
I'm not sure they are doing their best. If they are, then their best isn't good enough, and they need to hire new staff.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

09 Sep 2015

Actually, you MAY be on to something, after all. My view of this thread was number 666.

It's just as well I'm not superstitious

666thread copy.jpg
666thread copy.jpg (263.81 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
My Words are my ART

Ostermilk

09 Sep 2015

"I swear this is a Props issue, why didn't they tell me which way this dern horse went?"

Ostermilk

09 Sep 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
mbfrancis wrote:his supporters piled on the insinuations.
All two of them ? The vast majority of posters to this thread are either critical or dismissive of the OP's complaint.
Hey Neph, you are painting the contributing membership with some broad strokes there.

I agreed that they should have put a disclaimer in about the demo songs, which someone else noted that they since have being as this has now come to light.

I suppose the OP could if he wanted, attempt to procure a refund if he feels the included demo songs diminish the value of the product to the point he wouldn't have bought it if he had known they didn't work. Other than that he could just get on and enjoy the contents of the bundle or continue moaning about it. Whatever course of action he decides to take is absolutely fine by me. A good thing to do I suppose would be to make some cool demo's that showcase the bundle that his fellow R7 users might enjoy but that would be entirely optional.

It's good that it came to light through the OP's input as the issue has now been addressed satisfactorily.

I'm still not clear though as I haven't personally bought any of these bundles whether these demos feature in the bundle itself or within the complementary refill that you are entitled to download as an option?

Either way I'm sure there's a satisfactory resolution here if that is what is desired, there's also scope to continue ranting if that's a prefered option, which as I've said is fine by me too.

Namahs Amrak

09 Sep 2015

Ostermilk wrote:
Hey Neph, you are painting the contributing membership with some broad strokes there.
Sorry Uncle, the Devil made me do it.
My Words are my ART

• Information