BIG SALE in the PH store

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

05 Sep 2015

Yonatan wrote:
Looking at my current list of interesting ones in the sale:
McDSP compressors
Synapse 90 Phaser
Softube Tube Delay
Step Note Recorder
Republik Handheld

Anyone who has any of these or remember their test-drive? Are they adding value beyond the stock-devices?
McDSP comps: versatile, transparent, CPU efficient, and for the price why wouldn't you pick them up

Synapse 90 phaser: trialled this one and really wanted to like it because, y'know, Synapse, but in the end I didn't buy it. T2 does a lot more, and is a fraction of the price

Softube Tube Delay: I have a lot of REs and this is the only one I'd get rid of if I could. Sounds OK but the interface is quite eccentric (tempo sync is a real head scratcher) and there are plenty of other cheaper RE options for getting a nice warm overdriven delay. I'd hoped it would deliver a cool King Tubby style "knocking" sound for dub experiments but it doesn't (for that matter, neither does anything else in Reason, unless my sound-shaping skills are completely crap - that King Tubby knock is my Holy Grail)

Step Note Recorder: I haven't tried using this for conventional song crafting, but for pattern-based stuff and weird CV-tweaked mayhem it's fantastic

Republik Handheld: Love this one, it's a treasure chest of sounds and a joy to use. And can be tweaked for melodic or bizarre results. Definitely more interesting & versatile than just a basic percussion sampler

zeebot

05 Sep 2015

craven wrote:
you should find the links under your profile products page:
https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... -tutorials
Ah, excellent thankyou :)
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Tincture

05 Sep 2015

Ok, I'm out of step here but the Synapse Ninety is amazing for what I like. Guitars, Synths... It has that JMJ sweep... I love it. I have the T2 as well but for my tastes it doesn't get anywhere near.

geronimo

05 Sep 2015

I confirm to the concept of heat to whatever passes through the Synapse phaser; I also has the T2 from That Music Company and these two effects are complementary in their ability .

gak

06 Sep 2015

Wait, how long is this for?

My main interest is the valley people dyno MITE! (I can't help it :lol: )

Geez, I don't want to just start randomly "trying" stuff and being forced time wise when that is the only one I'm really serious about.

chimp_spanner

06 Sep 2015

I believe it runs until the 13th? I just picked up Antidote. I'd been considering several cheaper REs but ultimately Antidote ticks all my boxes. It's pretty much the only synth I need, especially for the job I've got on at the moment. Might stretch to Shape, although Synchronous is doing the job for now. PMS-20 is cheap enough that I can get it whenever.

MirEko

06 Sep 2015

Damn shape is really tempting, I don't really use reason anymore but I loved shape when I trialed it..
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

motuscott

06 Sep 2015

I'm being nickle and dimed to death over here.
Rotor, wanted it, got it.
Make the GAS stop plz
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

joeyluck

06 Sep 2015

motuscott wrote:I'm being nickle and dimed to death over here.
Make the GAS stop plz
Yup. Grabbed it as well.
Looks like Rotor is the top Rack Extension in the shop right now.
Didn't seem to get much attention in the past, but for $15 I'm sure people are thinking either "I've always wanted this!" or "Heck...why not."

ezelkow1

06 Sep 2015

Anyone know what happened to autoarp? I had picked up autotheory a long time ago and remembered thinking about grabbing auto arp later, but it looks like its not on the store anymore

motuscott

06 Sep 2015

I think that guy died.
So no support for this SW
Stellar plug in that I have yet to master

MDTerps2015

06 Sep 2015

Im so itching for Synapse GQ-7. I was mad because i didnt buy it the last time it was on sale. Man i want it so bad but i have such a wide array of eq's. Is it worth it when i have red queen, black knight, and Mp-5.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

joeyluck

06 Sep 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:Im so itching for Synapse GQ-7. I was mad because i didnt buy it the last time it was on sale. Man i want it so bad but i have such a wide array of eq's. Is it worth it when i have red queen, black knight, and Mp-5.
I feel like MP5 is all I need in conjunction with the SSL and the MClass.

So, depends on your own needs. I say master what you have—as it sounds like you have a great selection of EQ's.
It will likely be on sale again and probably in the near future (during black Friday). Try to discover if there is a need for it in your mix/workflow.

In other words, it's not like you need to stock up before a storm with stuff you may or may not need :)

gak

06 Sep 2015

motuscott wrote:I'm being nickle and dimed to death over here.
Make the GAS stop plz
That's a good one, and it has instrument combos.

gak

06 Sep 2015

ezelkow1 wrote:Anyone know what happened to autoarp? I had picked up autotheory a long time ago and remembered thinking about grabbing auto arp later, but it looks like its not on the store anymore
I don't have a direct link but the guy passed. Thus I'm sure the family asked to have it removed. I own it so my DL still works it's just not in the shop.

gak

06 Sep 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:I believe it runs until the 13th? I just picked up Antidote. I'd been considering several cheaper REs but ultimately Antidote ticks all my boxes. It's pretty much the only synth I need, especially for the job I've got on at the moment. Might stretch to Shape, although Synchronous is doing the job for now. PMS-20 is cheap enough that I can get it whenever.
Thanks.

alex

06 Sep 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:Im so itching for Synapse GQ-7. I was mad because i didnt buy it the last time it was on sale. Man i want it so bad but i have such a wide array of eq's. Is it worth it when i have red queen, black knight, and Mp-5.
In my opinion is the the best currently available EQ for Reason.
It covers pretty much everything one would need from an EQ: spectrum analyzer, mid-side processing, solo bands, low/high cut filters with selectable slopes and CV inputs for freq/gain/q on each band.
And if you disable the spectrum analyzer (via the switch on the back panel) it seems to be quite easy on CPU too.

But since you already have a good collection of EQs, especially the Red Queen one (which overlap some area of the GQ-7), you may want try it before decide to pull the trigger. My suggestion: try to see if it speeds up your workflow, it could be worth for this purpose alone...

My two cents.

Ciao,
Alessandro
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

motuscott

06 Sep 2015

I personally prefer EVE AT1
of course I'm near 60 years old and I cain't hear shit
but let me master yur rekkid. We'll have us a #1.

MirEko

07 Sep 2015

motuscott wrote:I personally prefer EVE AT1
of course I'm near 60 years old and I cain't hear shit
but let me master yur rekkid. We'll have us a #1.
The eve eq's are my favourite

I use them more than the expensive trident. I think I got all the eves for about the same price
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Dante

08 Sep 2015

Wow I just got the Kuassa Vermilion Guitar Amp and I must say I'm impressed. I had basically given up on any way in the box to get distorted guitar sound from a guitar recorded clean. Even after using SoftTube Jim Marshal on Scope platform. The SoftTube JM gives a great cab sound for guitar already processed thru my hardware DigiTech Valve FX distortion paths.

But this Vermilion covers all the other territory and I suspect more !

Yonatan

09 Sep 2015

Thanks for the comments on my question. Suddenly could not log in, but solved now.
I have only bought the PH Rotor yet. Will probably wait until last days until decide for more.
It is so easy to over-do it.

Now suddenly the compressor choice has become harder as 2 new ones appeared in the shop.
Might wait until Black Fridag with that choice and work with what already got.
The Moo was very very subtile and FRG, I could do with the MClass, and 670 I cannot remember at all.
It might be 670 to be the one I might need. Any experience on what that one is to compare with?
The light CPU hit is what makes them very interesting. CPU-hungry high-class ones I do have (FET, CLA2),
and maybe some day the Tubetech. The need is for things that komplement the SSL and MClass.
That brings a different flavour but are light on CPU.

Republik is still interesting. How do you use it? Why should one need that one instead of using
other perkussion or sample your own? What does R bring that makes it versatile and usable
beyond what we all have in other refills?

boobytrap

09 Sep 2015

This is the end of my Summer !
Summer.jpg
Summer.jpg (21.31 KiB) Viewed 1808 times
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

gak

10 Sep 2015

Well, it doesn't happen very often but I have an insta-NOT-buy :lol:

Softube delay.

Viscor

11 Sep 2015

Please, someone needs to stop me. Furthermore, I am not sure if I should get all three of the Kuassa EQs.

Rook

11 Sep 2015

I didn't have any compressor REs yet, so I picked up the McDSP comp bundle. I think they'll be perfect and at an awesome price too.

Also got Titus, which I'm really liking. Gives me a great alternative for quick little things that I normally use the good ol' DDL-1 for.

Debating on picking up 1 or 2 more things...maybe TSAR-1r and/or Futzbox

• Information