BIG SALE in the PH store

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
K1TTENM1TTEN

04 Sep 2015

Yonatan wrote: Looking at my current list of interesting ones in the sale:
McDSP compressors
Synapse 90 Phaser
Softube Tube Delay
Step Note Recorder
Republik Handheld

Anyone who has any of these or remember their test-drive? Are they adding value beyond the stock-devices?
Synapse 90 Phaser - I was not impressed with Synapse 90 Phaser. I wanted to love it, I really did. Some people swear by it. But honestly, and for only $9, the T2 Phaser by That Music Company is the winning ticket when it comes to a phaser. It is much more editable, and can be used for much more than just a sweep. That being said, the T2 can be set to have a slower sweep, and overall can sound more full. The Synapse 90 is not a "bad" phaser, but it feels so limited when compared to the T2 and at more than x4 the price, it just doesn't sell me.

Softube Tube Delay - Also not a real "go to" option. There are many of delays on the RE market and this one does not sell me on anything. Steerpike/Titus is much more capable. Despite having the "Softube" name, this one doesn't really doesn't feel as "awesome" as the other offerings. If you grabbed the Softube Saturation Knob, you can really turn just about any delay RE into this RE, IMHO.

McDSP Compressors - Yes, yes, and yes! There are so many comparative threads about these comps. The general consensus is that there is not really one. Some people love one, dislike another, and feel meh about the third. But at $49 this trio is so hard to miss. Honestly, I love all three, they give me different knives for different things that I want to cook. Not to mention the ridiculously low DSP these thing take to run. Example: It takes almost the same to run 1 instance of Softube's FET as it does to run 16+ instances of these comps. They are pretty much must-haves in my book, if for nothing else they are a killer alternative to the MClass.

The other two I have no personal experience with. Hope this helps!

Social Exodus

04 Sep 2015

If I purchase the Backline Rig, how does that work exactly...do you have to download each piece individually or can you click one button and get it all? Forgive me if this is a stupid question... :?
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

Tincture

04 Sep 2015

You can download as and when you like. For instance I still haven't downloaded one of the Refills.

Social Exodus

04 Sep 2015

Tincture wrote:You can download as and when you like. For instance I still haven't downloaded one of the Refills.
Thank you. That makes sense...much appreciated.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

fceramic

04 Sep 2015

Most of the sales are pretty weak. I bought Shape because it's rarely on sale, but most of these are like 20% or less off, so very few no-brainers. The fact that REs are NFR must make users really cautious about their purchases. With VST-sales it's easy cause I know I can just sell it for about the same price if I end up not using it.

pLansford

04 Sep 2015

And I said I wasn't gonna buy anymore RE's this year. Dang! I bought Distort Chain, T2 Phaser, Step Note Recorder and Softube Delay.

gak

04 Sep 2015

boobytrap wrote:I bought C1-L1 & GQ-7 one month ago. 46$ lost now
Unless of course you use them all the time and then it was worth it.

gak

04 Sep 2015

fceramic wrote:Most of the sales are pretty weak. I bought Shape because it's rarely on sale, but most of these are like 20% or less off, so very few no-brainers. The fact that REs are NFR must make users really cautious about their purchases. With VST-sales it's easy cause I know I can just sell it for about the same price if I end up not using it.
:essentials: :PUF_figure: :adapted: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :PUF_take: :re: :reason: :record: :refill: :reload: :rt:

ionly

04 Sep 2015

Love the McDSP Compressors and T2 Phaser this end. I've struggled with the FET in terms of DSP-greed, and now use the McDSP stuff more often, or in tandem. The T2 can be delicious when used with certain restraint on the master bus. Wasn't too grabbed by the Softube Delay, probably as a result of already owning the marvellous Echobode

Not so trigger happy these days as I'm fairly happy with my lot. But...

gak

05 Sep 2015

I hear ya, and I understand the "hungry" FET thing. The reason I pulled the trigger on that is I'm a bass player (5/4/fretless) and so far, I've not tried anything in reason that is as good at compressing bass. Maybe it's just me.

challism

05 Sep 2015

Nothing tempting me except Parsec and Antidote. Probably because I already own almost all the REs I want. I think I'll keep my money this go around. Maybe I'll take the plunge on the next sale.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

boobytrap

05 Sep 2015

gak wrote:
boobytrap wrote:I bought C1-L1 & GQ-7 one month ago. 46$ lost now
Unless of course you use them all the time and then it was worth it.
I didn't use them. Even I didn't open them. I'm totally confused with PH irregular sales. Before May madness, now this. Forget about Black Friday.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Rook

05 Sep 2015

Oh man, why do they have to tempt me?! I've decided that (for me) Reason is best for sound design and songwriting, so staying away from mixing/mastering stuff (4Dyne, GQ-7, etc.)...I'd still really like to get a "character" EQ and comp, Titus (seems like a no brainer), and maybe Futzbox...? But omg, Parsec...oh oh, Vecto! No, Quad! :o

This is dangerous.

jfrichards

05 Sep 2015

gak wrote:I hear ya, and I understand the "hungry" FET thing. The reason I pulled the trigger on that is I'm a bass player (5/4/fretless) and so far, I've not tried anything in reason that is as good at compressing bass. Maybe it's just me.
Cerberus + FET = bass heaven.

rvman

05 Sep 2015

A year ago I would have been all over this sale. But I've decided to stop investing in PH/Reason for the time being. I absolutely love Reason and what it comes with and see myself always using it. But I feel I'm getting more for my money with other companies and their products at the moment.

I'm looking forward to see what PH offers in the future with updates.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

pjeudy

05 Sep 2015

rvman wrote:A year ago I would have been all over this sale.
I'm looking forward to see what PH offers in the future with updates.
I agree with your sentiment. Looking at what's on sale, I'm realizing how much I already have and my reflex to grab something is extremely low :D . Propellerhead haven't introduced an RE in a while...I'm interested to see what they have in store (fingers crossed for a Multiband dynamic processor like the ones in WAVES plugins) I'm aware we already have one in the shop, having two to choose from wouldn't be a bad thing.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

rvman

05 Sep 2015

Looks like Sweetwater doesn't follow the sale. The sale is only through the shop, which stinks for me since I can't order anything through the shop with my US card. I really wish PH would have a US site for people like me. Or make a deal with a place like sweetwater to allow EVERYTHING PH has to offer. I would be willing pay an extra $10-$15 dolllars for the service.

pjeudy

05 Sep 2015

I can use 4 different U.S cards. Are you sure it's a Prop shop issue?
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

miscend

05 Sep 2015

What happened to the Kuassa bundle?

miscend

05 Sep 2015

Are the MCDSP EQ's as good as the compressors? Honestly I think I would have liked to get the Kuassa EQs if they had a bundle out.

I bought the MCDSP compressor bundle during the last sale, it was an impulse buy and honestly I didn't think much of it. But I recently tried the compressors on a track and was presently shocked at how good they actually are. I was sleeping on them all this time.

Dave909

05 Sep 2015

Crazy sale! Got Distort Chain, T2 Phaser, Selig Gain, Titus, Ammo oscillator, 7R808 and Spektrum :shock:

rvman

05 Sep 2015

pjeudy wrote:I can use 4 different U.S cards. Are you sure it's a Prop shop issue?
No, it's my card...so it's my issue with my banks security policy. But I don't want to change and I don't want to HAVE TO open a paypal account or something else. Which is why I'm starting to use other products more and more that are more friendly to the U.S. Plus I like to try and support companies that are in America.

But that's hard to do because I love Reason so much. I already use other software but I'm used to Reason's way. (Even if they tick me off with missing some key features I want. :puf_bigsmile: )

zeebot

05 Sep 2015

Wonder if anyone can help?
I got the synthetic rig the last sale and was browsing to see if anything had changed. I saw that there was a 'synthetic rig video tutorial' by Askvideo included. I cant seem to find a way to get it in the shop and I cant seem to find it installed anywhere.
May be I'm missing something really simple?
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

craven

05 Sep 2015

zeebot wrote:Wonder if anyone can help?
I got the synthetic rig the last sale and was browsing to see if anything had changed. I saw that there was a 'synthetic rig video tutorial' by Askvideo included. I cant seem to find a way to get it in the shop and I cant seem to find it installed anywhere.
May be I'm missing something really simple?
you should find the links under your profile products page:
https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... -tutorials
:ugeek:

• Information