propulsion M+S are wired

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ahs

02 Sep 2015

the manual says nothing about the m+s (mute and solo) and they are working wired for me.
i can solo and mute a lane ?
and i have a two mute states ? light and full

rcbuse
RE Developer

02 Sep 2015

Mute always overrides solo. You can mute something that is already soloed.

rcbuse
RE Developer

02 Sep 2015

Please feel free to email support@lectricpanda.com with these issues for a more immediate response.

ncurry

03 Sep 2015

The original question (according to my timestamp) was asked at September 2 and 10:25 pm. Response fro developer was September 3 at 12:50 am. That's less than 2.5 hours. If email is going to give a more immediate response, the Lectric Panda team is gong to pulling a lot of all-nighters. Someone make more coffee!

EdGrip

24 Jun 2018

Hello! Found this and thought it might be neater than starting a new thread.

Propulsion has replaced the Redrum for Kong-driving duties here. But I used to be able to mute the Redrum in the sequencer and that would mute the drums. No such muting seems to be available for Propulsion. It means there's no quick way to mute percussion, short of bussing all the percussion channels.

Is this an SDK thing, or do I need to RTFM?

Thanks!

rcbuse
RE Developer

24 Jun 2018

EdGrip wrote:
24 Jun 2018
Hello! Found this and thought it might be neater than starting a new thread.

Propulsion has replaced the Redrum for Kong-driving duties here. But I used to be able to mute the Redrum in the sequencer and that would mute the drums. No such muting seems to be available for Propulsion. It means there's no quick way to mute percussion, short of bussing all the percussion channels.

Is this an SDK thing, or do I need to RTFM?

Thanks!
Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 8.48.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 8.48.18 AM.png (42.14 KiB) Viewed 705 times

EdGrip

29 Jun 2018

Thanks Rob!
Just had a play around - so in short if a Propulsion is driving a Kong, there's no way (short of writing automation for each individual drum) to mute the percussion, via either the Kong or the Propulsion, from the sequencer? That's very frustrating! Why can't a Kong or a Propulsion respond to a "mute track"?
Quite often I want to just turn off percussion on the fly - usually because I want to use the sequencer to quickly sketch something without percussion.

Sorry if I'm sounding snarky - just hoping somebody knows a workaround? The closest to a workaround I can come up with is to turn the Propulsion sync knob from "Transport" to "Tempo", but that means a trip to the rack that I don't want to make.

• Information