PMS-20 is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Mmj85

04 Sep 2015

miscend wrote:This is fantastic sounding. Anyone do comparisons to Etch Red and Cytomic the Drop?

The only things I would suggest would be some extra stuff like a built in Envelope, LFO and modulation matrix. But that would be going beyond the original concept of this product.
Yes that would be moving away from the developers initial concept :-) hehe
Etch Red delivers all your modulation needs if u ask me. You can do so much that it's easy to get lost in it for hours with its great sounding filters :-)

PMS-20 is much more focused on quality filtering and analog coloring. Its internal *4 over sampling gives it that smooth crunch that just sounds so delicious to my ears!
;-)
I have been using its "Auto" function alone for leveling "pre" devices. Try it with the "Saturation Knob RE" before the pms20 filter "with the AUTO enabled" to get great results hearing only the saturation alone with out the addition of volume. Great feat on its own, I love it!

dvdrtldg

04 Sep 2015

Yeah this thing is fantastic. A combination of this and Valley People DynaMite will turn your drums into fat-ass monsters. And the price!

dvdrtldg

04 Sep 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:
What I would find more interesting is an audio rate modulation input, like on Synapse's AF-4 :)
I try this with AF-4 from time to time, but I never get a result from it that I like. Curious to know how you use it?

fceramic

04 Sep 2015

Great device and really musical saturation. Doesn't sing like the real thing, but still very useful. Audio rate modulation would be appreciated.

manisnotabird

05 Sep 2015

I made a patch with the PMS-20 inspired by the sounds in this video.
Attachments
overdriven ms-20.cmb.zip
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

geronimo

05 Sep 2015

:puf_smile: In the continuity . :redface:
Attachments
overdriven ms-20.cmb.zip
(121.15 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Olivier

05 Sep 2015

Just want to repeat here that i love this unit :)
The distortion in it is great!!
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

manisnotabird

05 Sep 2015

geronimo wrote::puf_smile: In the continuity . :redface:
Much improved! Thanks!

manisnotabird

10 Sep 2015

Made another combinator with the PMS-20, trying to emulate an MS-20. Uses the MS-20 patches from the "Raw Synth Elements" folder in the FSB, and the "volume" audio modulation input in the Pulverizer to emulate the Ring Mod option of an MS-20. This time I assigned parameters to all the rotaries and buttons on the combinator, and also to the mod wheel.
Attachments
ms-20 ring mod.cmb.zip
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 50 times

Majestik Monkey

10 Sep 2015

eauhm wrote:Yeah i remember they said something like that initially. I remember myself and others objecting to that. I didnt check if they stuck with that position but appareantly they did. I'm still puzzled how you can ever decide something not being musically useful. The most interesting ideas evolve when using stuff beyond their intended use... The thing sounds beautifull, i'll probably buy it when i get home tonight, but i really dont understand their reasoning on this...

Have ever considered the Fact that some people ' Don't have a clue about what they say ! :P

gak

28 Nov 2015

Boy, this thing is SOMETHING ELSE!

Mostly filters just bore me. This is highly functional as a stand in for the H/LP for the SSL, the drive is really great for crushed drums, and it's very nice to use as an FX.

9 bucks? Steal of the year.

freeQlow

29 Nov 2015

Enjoyed this tonight thanks!

MDTerps2015

29 Nov 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Heater wrote:Is there any chance of a full blown mono synth with this filter coming down the line at some point?
If that happens, what would it be called?

If this is an emulation of the Korg-35, but named after the MS-20, what would the MS-20 synth be called? :?
The MS-35
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

joeyluck

29 Nov 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
Heater wrote:Is there any chance of a full blown mono synth with this filter coming down the line at some point?
If that happens, what would it be called?

If this is an emulation of the Korg-35, but named after the MS-20, what would the MS-20 synth be called? :?
The MS-35
Haha :lol:

I think a better name for this filter would be Primal-35.
I think folks would understand based on the look; and it would be a much less silly name.

eusti

29 Nov 2015

Emulation of the Korg filter 35 that was used in the MS-20.

D.

gak

18 Dec 2015

Wait.........WAT?

2.0 "free update" is rewritten?

Scared to try it. Why, I LOVE it just the way it is! Can I someone to help a brotha out as to what is "rewritten" and what it means for CPU use?

eusti

18 Dec 2015

gak wrote:Wait.........WAT?

Scared to try it. Why, I LOVE it just the way it is! Can I someone to help a brotha out as to what is "rewritten" and what it means for CPU use?
As far as I understand the update is a higher quality version being available via backside switch.
You should be fine if you don't switch it on.

D.

gak

19 Dec 2015

eusti wrote:
gak wrote:Wait.........WAT?

As far as I understand the update is a higher quality version being available via backside switch.

D.
Oh, thanks (phew!)

eXode

19 Dec 2015

eusti wrote:As far as I understand the update is a higher quality version being available via backside switch.

D.
That is correct. The new mode employs the same level of detail as ladder afaik.

decibel

19 Dec 2015

dont forget people, the price of this will go up to $29 in january (its currently $19) so its probably a good idea to skip buying ya mum or girlfriend a xmas present and pay the props shop a visit to get this for your self instead ;)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... lp-filter/

• Information