PMS-20 is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bonkhead

01 Sep 2015

This product is very nice, intabuy. I love the sound !

Idea: let's all leave the peak cv out of this for now, since it is the anouncement of a new product and it is turning into a negative feedback pile up.
That's where the facebook group is for, right ?

MirEko

01 Sep 2015

Crazy that this is one of the filters that the peak plays such a big part in it's sound, especially when modulated!!

Really weird the developer decided to leave this off?

I guess reason users are too stupid and would be overwhelmed with 2 more tiny CV ports..

(PS..Don't look at the back of kong or korde)
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

chimp_spanner

01 Sep 2015

Wonderful device! Had a quick fiddle and instantly got some musical sounding results. The amp section has a really nice crunch, and the filters have a nice balance between being subtle but also noticeable.

I also second the call for a peak CV in, but it'd be no means stop me from using it without them. Great device, at a great price. Oh and the interface is sweet too. Nice one!

geronimo

01 Sep 2015

geronimo wrote:what is the use of the "Auto" button :?:
:oops:

dvdrtldg

01 Sep 2015

Bonkhead wrote:
Idea: let's all leave the peak cv out of this for now, since it is the anouncement of a new product and it is turning into a negative feedback pile up.
No, it's not. It's turning into a discussion where some people have good things to say about the device, and some people have criticisms.

Emian

01 Sep 2015

geronimo wrote:
geronimo wrote:what is the use of the "Auto" button :?:
:oops:
"It balances the output level automatically", as mentioned on picture 3 in the Propshop-page ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

geronimo

01 Sep 2015

Many thanks _ :thumbup:

devilfish

01 Sep 2015

Please: CV-IN for peak knob and the CV Control knob !!!

(The automatic switch can be erased) ;)

nikolafeve

01 Sep 2015

This filter is simply GREAT
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

MDTerps2015

01 Sep 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:
Bonkhead wrote:
No, it's not. It's turning into a discussion where some people have good things to say about the device, and some people have criticisms.
Isnt it funny that you just cant please anyone. Everytime something new comes out, its 50/50 on the nice device side and its nothing but crap side. Amazing that everyone has a criticism but they acyually do nothing about other than complain. NIce.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

joeyluck

01 Sep 2015

You can always route CV via a Combinator.
And perhaps use it that way (showing examples) to present your case for making it more of a hint/more inviting by having it it presented on the back of the device.

But I I too agree that every device should have CV for anything it can—especially creative effect devices (such as this).

But lets not forget about Softube. I don't think they have a single CV connection on any of their devices.
There is CV on the Amp and Bass Amp, but I think that was more Propellerhead's doing if I were to guess.

Faastwalker

01 Sep 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:
Bonkhead wrote:

Isnt it funny that you just cant please anyone. Everytime something new comes out, its 50/50 on the nice device side and its nothing but crap side. Amazing that everyone has a criticism but they acyually do nothing about other than complain. NIce.
People do tend to focus on what isn't there rather than what is. Sign of the times. We're spoiled rotten these days. This is a fantastic sounding filter for $19 that you can control any aspect of with CV inside a Combinator. I'm very happy with it as it is to be honest.
Last edited by Faastwalker on 02 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

challism

01 Sep 2015

It is an absolutely fantastic sounding filter, yes. And I don't see anybody disputing that. In fact, I hardly see any negative comments in this thread. The discussion about CV input isn't a negative one at all. I don't understand why some of you guys are so sensitive to the simple requesting and discussion for more CV inputs. The developer himself even said "But if we one day get a peak-modulation-epiphany and finally understand the awesomeness of resonance modulation, we will of course add it!" To me, that clearly sounds like an invitation to discuss the CV inputs and try to convince the developer to include more CV ins. Stop being so dramatic, guys, the developer himself welcomed the discussion. Nobody's being negative. It's a fantastic filter. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dvdrtldg

02 Sep 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:Amazing that everyone has a criticism but they acyually do nothing about other than complain. NIce.
You seem upset

I suggest you relax and unwind with this picture of a kitten & a teddy

dvdrtldg

02 Sep 2015

Incidentally, I think it's an incredibly good filter. But I'd also like to see resonance control via CV. Amazing how i can hold those two thoughts in my head at once.

MirEko

02 Sep 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:Incidentally, I think it's an incredibly good filter. But I'd also like to see resonance control via CV. Amazing how i can hold those two thoughts in my head at once.
Agreed :thumbs_up:

I remember people on the old PUF forum trying to build this style of filter using stock devices, and it great we can now access it easily for only $20.

I will buy this undoubtably
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

chimp_spanner

02 Sep 2015

Yeah I don't think this thread is negative at all; the overwhelming impression is that it's a fantastic filter! I think people are just eager to see it be as cool as they know it can be. But yeah, picking this up later in the week. Love it!

devilfish

02 Sep 2015

19 Bucks.. It's fantastic sounding.. Best Filter ever.. LoL..

Bonkhead

02 Sep 2015

Wow, didn't expect so much response on my comment :puf_bigsmile: talk about sensitivity.
I guess it just got taken a bit more serious than intended, like a side note. No worries, move along and tweak those knobs :geek: :D

Mmj85

02 Sep 2015

Beta tested this device and I love it! The analog crunch, oh man how I love that sound on mostly anything and with the parallel mix knob you can't go wrong my friends.
I add just a touch in my master bus and I been getting great warm results.

challism

03 Sep 2015

Yes, it's definitely a fantastic filter. Primal Audio really knocked it out of the park with this RE. I'm happy it has been well received. I had a blast beta testing it. Thanks to Primal Audio for letting me help out with that process. I will most likely be buying this filter soon.

As you can see on this thread.... added CVs in would be a welcomed update. :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

dioxide

03 Sep 2015

I'm looking forward to demoing this. How does it compare to the Synapse Filter?

I don't need control over resonance via CV but I second the call for it. Many devs don't use Reason as their primary DAW so they underestimate the demand for CV inputs. A module like this is likely to be used like a Eurorack module by many Reason users.

miscend

03 Sep 2015

This is fantastic sounding. Anyone do comparisons to Etch Red and Cytomic the Drop?

The only things I would suggest would be some extra stuff like a built in Envelope, LFO and modulation matrix. But that would be going beyond the original concept of this product.

chimp_spanner

03 Sep 2015

Yeah I like that it's simple. What I'd really like is a 1u ADSR envelope generator. Correct me if I'm wrong but currently there's no such device. There's Movement (which I find is too large and a bit too fiddly). Or you'd have to use the envelope section of another synth. A dedicated ADSR unit, combined with this, and then something like Blamsoft Viking OSC would be killer!

dioxide

03 Sep 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:Yeah I like that it's simple. What I'd really like is a 1u ADSR envelope generator. Correct me if I'm wrong but currently there's no such device. There's Movement (which I find is too large and a bit too fiddly). Or you'd have to use the envelope section of another synth. A dedicated ADSR unit, combined with this, and then something like Blamsoft Viking OSC would be killer!
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... lar-synth/
or
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... generator/
?

• Information