Hydronexius Workstation is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TheFesta

31 Aug 2015

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."• Dr  Samuel Johnson

:recycle: :reason: :record: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refill: :re:

freeQlow

31 Aug 2015

This is going to be so much cheaper than nexus, I'm happy this is in Reason!

freeQlow

31 Aug 2015

Beta Testers
How was the DSP or Computer usage with 1 or 2 of these open?

electrofux

31 Aug 2015

Is this an idt? How does it compare to Mixfood? Are the effects the standard ones?

MirEko

31 Aug 2015

Now I have to choose between this an zero :/
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

chimp_spanner

31 Aug 2015

Oh my. Been excited about this for a long while. Downloading now. Thoughts and impressions incoming...

chimp_spanner

31 Aug 2015

Okay! First impressions;

Interface is cool, intuitive. The effects section is good. It's a shame that the Reason SDK doesn't allow for columns when expanding long menus, but there are up/down arrows for choosing your starting waveform, so that's good.

Some of the basses are really nice and fat/chunky and having two parallel filters before the distortion is cool!

Downsides for me are the limited drum kits; they're all Trap kits. Maybe this is something that can change in time with updates, but I think to truly be a Nexus-like workstation it needs to cover a wider range of sounds.

An arp/gate section would be really nice, although I appreciate you can do this with other devices. But it'd be nice to have it within the unit.

Biggest area for improvement though would be CV inputs. Currently there aren't any; just gate and note. I think you could make up for the lack of a gate/rhythm sequencer with more modulation options.

So yeah, I think I'll keep an eye on this as it gets updated! Congrats on the launch in any case though guys :)

Olivier

31 Aug 2015

Yes its an IDT.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Pinkbox

31 Aug 2015

What does the H stands for in AHDSR?

pbc278

31 Aug 2015

electrofux wrote:Is this an idt? How does it compare to Mixfood? Are the effects the standard ones?
  • Mixfood is 35USD/EUR.
  • Mixfood samples are all looped seamlessly one by one (I don't use cross-fade effect on my loops, in Hydronexius this technique is used to loop samples resulting in minor volume fading when looping samples, and hearing the loop points on some samples).
  • Mixfood gives you all freedom to use effects. I don't use pre-configured/combined effects (but it can be usefull, as it reduces patch-creation time but for Mixfood I choose not to do it).
  • Mixfood is better for detailed tweaking Hydronexius is maybe better for fast patch creation...(?)
All and all, I think they can't be compared really. Both devices are unique and using unique samples... It's all about the sample quality that determines the quality of the output and personal taste.

IDT doesn't allow for CV-input (yet).
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

Miguel da Wu

31 Aug 2015

it´s not for me. the demotracks sounds like a freewaresynthesizer.

pbc278

31 Aug 2015

Pinkbox wrote:What does the H stands for in AHDSR?
H=Hold
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Jagwah

31 Aug 2015

Not for me but damn I love that black interface, smooth.

freeQlow

31 Aug 2015

Compared to a similar VST like the Nexus, the value is there.
Nexus is $350-$450 with like 40 $99 sample banks.

This and the Hybrid are both beautiful new synths in rack form.

joeyluck

31 Aug 2015

I feel like I am lacking a bit of info still. So is this inspired by Nexus? Based on Nexus?
I had the same unanswered questions about Zero being related to Sytrus.

And more importantly, where do the samples come from?

boobytrap

31 Aug 2015

still I didn't try, my net isn't stable for 2.2 GB. but nice to hear something like Nexus and also looking good ! Now we can experience Nexus & Sytrus in Shop. awesome ! perfect for EDM producers !
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

boobytrap

31 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:I had the same unanswered questions about Zero being related to Sytrus.
indeed ! earth moving Growl Sounds Without Scream4. like SeamlessR do with sytrus, same programing
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Klaus-Morlock

31 Aug 2015

I always try to be positive with REs, but this one doesn't sound good to my ears. So many quality synths available now, many of them for less money than this.

TheFilterMob

31 Aug 2015

This is a POWERHOUSE re, I'm in love with the strings and brass. This is already in my reason rack permanently!
I'm a Propellerhead for life!

Emian

31 Aug 2015

is it me or did they just copy/paste Parsec's X/Y rotaries ?

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

pbc278

31 Aug 2015

Emian wrote:is it me or did they just copy/paste Parsec's X/Y rotaries ?
They can be used from the IDT package (the so called partLibrary). A set of pre-rendered/scripted GUI parts like knobs, sliders, panels, lights, etc. Nothing wrong with that....
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Shokstar

31 Aug 2015

TheFilterMob wrote:This is a POWERHOUSE re, I'm in love with the strings and brass. This is already in my reason rack permanently!
the same here :)

I´d like to use this RE for layering Sounds too.

My first impression during the Beta was a great and I was surprised about all these many Sounds. I thought instantly that this RE is great for Singer/Songwriter for writing really fast a new Song :) The wide range of different makes it really easy for to create a new Song. What I really like is the Sound of the Orchestra Sounds they are remembering me on the good old days of my Kurzweil K2000 :)

Rice

31 Aug 2015

Klaus-Morlock wrote:I always try to be positive with REs, but this one doesn't sound good to my ears. So many quality synths available now, many of them for less money than this.
Herein is where I'm really starting to enjoy the variety that's coming along...this synth works great for the types of music I do and sounds fantastic to my ears. I'm not a sound designer (Im a sound tweaker) so the presets gets me to where I want to go quickly and then I can tweak the sound from there. However, as POWERFUL as antidote is, it's limited amount of presets kinda turned me off cause I'm not interested in sound design (which it excels at for sound designers)

• Information