Propulsion - pattern switching

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

29 Aug 2015

Quick question on this - I can't figure out a way to switch between patterns (apart from manually clicking on various numbers in the pattern selection box. But is there really no other way to automate pattern selection, or do it via CV? All I want to do is have, say, three bars of pattern 1 then a bar of pattern 2, then three more bars of 1, then a bar of 3 etc etc. Such a simple thing but it's driving me crazy

Olivier

29 Aug 2015

Create an automation lane by for "pattern" by clicking on the "track parameter automation" button here:

This is the best way to find all available automatable controls for whatever device.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

dvdrtldg

29 Aug 2015

Beautiful - thanks for that! Amazing all the Reason 101 things you can still discover.

chimp_spanner

29 Aug 2015

I do wish there was a way to disable running unless a pattern is present. But I guess that's just a limitation of the SDK rather than anything specific to Propulsion! I get around this by reserving pattern 1 for "off", so that in the absence of automation it is silent. Unless anyone knows a better way!

• Information