ProjectSAM Orch Sampler v 1.1 New solo instr!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Yonatan

27 Aug 2015

"Version 1.1 adds 4 new instruments to Orchestral Sampler:

Solo trumpet
Solo horn
Solo flute
Solo oboe"

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... l-sampler/

Yonatan

27 Aug 2015

I have not tried this one yet, but I must say that it is promising to see they add things.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2015

Yonathan, any thoughts on solo strings, and articulations?

Thanks!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2015

mcatalao wrote:Yonathan, any thoughts on solo strings, and articulations?

Thanks!
Ooops, i thought you were from ProjectSam...

Yonatan

27 Aug 2015

I understand... :)

No, I am just excited that they develop their RE.
I am really interested in this RE, but have to wait.

I also wondered if solo strings is also on their table...

Lizard

27 Aug 2015

During its initial release I remember some feedback of some poor loop points on the samples. Can anyone comment of these being corrected?

mcatalao
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2015

I remember that too.
I must be fair, that i didn't try the RE, but i was completely turned down for the few articulations and no solo instruments.
I think i'm also saving myself for the product to be more mature. I wonder if they have felt the fact there isn't hdd streaming a limitation...

Despondo
Competition Winner

27 Aug 2015

Don't upgrade if you've used this in a song!!!! I just upgraded, but they decided to reorganize the position of the instruments in the device which BREAKS EXISTING TRACKS!!! See attached images for what I mean:

OLD ORDER
ProjectSAM.png
ProjectSAM.png (96.07 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
NEW ORDER
p19tnec0tscja7uhdhist27lq9.jpg
p19tnec0tscja7uhdhist27lq9.jpg (59.59 KiB) Viewed 2462 times

JNeffLind

27 Aug 2015

Awesome. I bought this after having temporarily lost my mind for a few weeks during which I bought ALL THE REs. Glad to see that I've got reason to feel better about that purchase now. Now if I could just get my workstation connected to the internet to download...

joeyluck

28 Aug 2015

Despondo wrote:Don't upgrade if you've used this in a song!!!! I just upgraded, but they decided to reorganize the position of the instruments in the device which BREAKS EXISTING TRACKS!!! See attached images for what I mean:
You should definitely contact them about this. An unfortunate oversight, but an easy fix. They are new to the format and this type of interfacing seems new for RE—very much like ID8.

But I would also think that something would exist in the coding that would say "This is 'Strings > Staccato' regardless of where it is located on the display." So that's confusing.

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Despondo wrote:Don't upgrade if you've used this in a song!!!! I just upgraded, but they decided to reorganize the position of the instruments in the device which BREAKS EXISTING TRACKS!!! See attached images for what I mean:
You should definitely contact them about this. An unfortunate oversight, but an easy fix. They are new to the format and this type of interfacing seems new for RE—very much like ID8.

But I would also think that something would exist in the coding that would say "This is 'Strings > Staccato' regardless of where it is located on the display." So that's confusing.
I've contacted both ProjectSAM and the Props. The response from ProjectSAM was that they had "no plans to change or update the instruments positions in the near future". The Props agree that it is a bug and are going to contact ProjectSAM directly. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Despondo
Competition Winner

01 Sep 2015

It looks like they will not be changing the update to match the old device instrument locations. Instead they have provided me with a conversion chart to remap the patches. Here it is.
ProjectSAM Chart.jpg
ProjectSAM Chart.jpg (409.51 KiB) Viewed 2331 times

Aquila

01 Sep 2015

Lizard wrote:During its initial release I remember some feedback of some poor loop points on the samples. Can anyone comment of these being corrected?
Is anyone able to confirm?

joeyluck

01 Sep 2015

Aquila wrote:
Lizard wrote:During its initial release I remember some feedback of some poor loop points on the samples. Can anyone comment of these being corrected?
Is anyone able to confirm?
1.0.6 should have fixed those. It was released on June 23 in the shop.
It included the following:

- Edited string pizzicato samples
- Fixes regarding loop points
- Fixes regarding round robin cycles
- Fixed reset state reverb knob

I did not have much trial period left to fully test, but I do remember it being much improved.

joeyluck

01 Sep 2015

Despondo wrote:It looks like they will not be changing the update to match the old device instrument locations. Instead they have provided me with a conversion chart to remap the patches. Here it is.
I still find it confusing that within a Rack Extension, the literal location on a display is what is assigned to the patch rather than the patch name itself. Over my head I guess. Oh well. It is what it is. The order on the screen now makes more sense. A bit of an inconvenience, but at least sounds aren't lost or removed.

ScuzzyEye

02 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote:I still find it confusing that within a Rack Extension, the literal location on a display is what is assigned to the patch rather than the patch name itself.
It's how all programming is done. Code never uses names internally, only index numbers. It's the glue code between the interface and the indexes that matches things up. It easy to change one independently from the other. It generally shouldn't be done, but it is easy to do if you want.

joel

02 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote:
1.0.6 should have fixed those. It was released on June 23 in the shop.
It included the following:

- Fixed reset state reverb knob
i did'nt see any change about that
when you change the reverb , it stay the same when you change the preset , no reset
and it's the same thing about the A.D.S.R : no memory
the knob dont' move when you change of preset

thotbott

13 Dec 2015

Its still far far from their vst products. Its a step in the right direction, but imho it would have been better if they released seperate instruments for the different parts of the orchestra atthis price instead of trying to do a jack of all trades. Id pay 140 for strings alone if it was like the symphobia strings

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Goriila Texas

13 Dec 2015

I played with it for about an hour and it sucked big time. you could hear little click when changing samples. You're constantly changing the volume as you change sounds made me really appreciate Kontakt. It's a joke on a Re imo.

esselfortium

13 Dec 2015

Yeah, unfortunately the instruments in here seem to be far less versatile and poorer quality than the Miroslav refill from the mid-2000s. We're long overdue for some new orchestral stuff in Reason, and this RE is a major letdown. I'm not sure why this is even an RE, as it doesn't sound like it's using any advanced/modern behavior that couldn't have been achieved identically in simple NN-XT patches more than a decade ago. So disappointing.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Klaus-Morlock

13 Dec 2015

I think it's worth it for the harpsichord, celesta, harp, and percussion.

DiZo

19 Dec 2015

esselfortium wrote:Yeah, unfortunately the instruments in here seem to be far less versatile and poorer quality than the Miroslav refill from the mid-2000s. We're long overdue for some new orchestral stuff in Reason, and this RE is a major letdown. I'm not sure why this is even an RE, as it doesn't sound like it's using any advanced/modern behavior that couldn't have been achieved identically in simple NN-XT patches more than a decade ago. So disappointing.
i'm OK with this

• Information