Combo 310 Unique is in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

24 Aug 2015

The Combo 310 Unique is now available, and rounds off JP's magnificent tour through the wonderful world of vintage electronic organs!

Try it now!

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... que-organ/

Faastwalker

24 Aug 2015

Congrats. Another awesome JP RE ;)

gak

24 Aug 2015

"Johnathan, I'm telling you now, you must come to your senses and get combo 310"

"That's nice girls, but I must go play with my combo 310 now!"

"I know I put my combo 310 in here, where is it????"

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

24 Aug 2015

Very good, gak! Glad someone got the rollerskates reference ;)

Tincture

24 Aug 2015

This one will be mine as soon as I can and you shall all suffer my Jarre madness ;)

Shokstar

24 Aug 2015

it´s a great Synth, and it´s really versatile to use for every music genre :)

JoshuaPhilgarlic

24 Aug 2015

Honestly I bought all the Combos (except the B3) 'cause off their string ensembles. I always hoped to see GForce Virtual String Machine one day as a RE, but they never did! So JiggeryPokery did a great job so far, 'cause the Combo Organs already cover a wide variety, but I want mooooore :puf_bigsmile: !!!

Here's what VSM offers.

ARP Omni
ARP Quartet
Crumar Multiman
Elka Rhapsody
Eminent 310 <--- already provided by JP
Freeman String Symphonizer
Junost 21
Korg PE-2000
Logan String Melody
Oberheim OB-8
Oberheim Xpander
Moog Opus 3
Polymoog
Roland RS202
Solina
Yamaha SK-15
Yamaha SS-30

So, if someone provides a RE with these (preferably JP of course :) ) I would definitely buy it!!! BTW I prefer REs with a dedicated GUI, so sample content for NNXT would be no choice for me.

pedrocaetanos

24 Aug 2015

Elka Rhapsody <--- already provided by JP in Combo X-705 space :)
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

gak

24 Aug 2015

Gonna give the whirl on this one. Might be wrong but I have a vibe about it providing "images" in my mind.

zeebot

25 Aug 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Very good, gak! Glad someone got the rollerskates reference ;)
Rollerball was a great movie :thumbs_up:
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

gak

25 Aug 2015

zeebot wrote:
JiggeryPokery wrote:Very good, gak! Glad someone got the rollerskates reference ;)
I LOVE cynical sci-fi movies from that era. POTA, soylent green, ZPG, a bog and his dog, and YES, even logans run!

gak

25 Aug 2015

BTW, this is a tasty product! Some of the others didn't really hit that button for me. I can see this being a really important addition (and the price is RIGHT! )

Question, is it an introductory price? If so how long? My "MO" for RE's is usually to use the demo period just in case there is something I find wrong.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

25 Aug 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:Honestly I bought all the Combos (except the B3) 'cause off their string ensembles. I always hoped to see GForce Virtual String Machine one day as a RE, but they never did! So JiggeryPokery did a great job so far, 'cause the Combo Organs already cover a wide variety, but I want mooooore :puf_bigsmile: !!!

Here's what VSM offers.

ARP Omni
ARP Quartet
Crumar Multiman
Elka Rhapsody
Eminent 310 <--- already provided by JP
Freeman String Symphonizer
Junost 21
Korg PE-2000
Logan String Melody
Oberheim OB-8
Oberheim Xpander
Moog Opus 3
Polymoog
Roland RS202
Solina
Yamaha SK-15
Yamaha SS-30

So, if someone provides a RE with these (preferably JP of course :) ) I would definitely buy it!!! BTW I prefer REs with a dedicated GUI, so sample content for NNXT would be no choice for me.
pedrocaetanos wrote:Elka Rhapsody <--- already provided by JP in Combo X-705 space :)
Indeed!

A few of the others are available in Retrospective, the RS202 and Solina, Opus, Crumar Performer, and also an Electronika, which I quite like.

zeebot

25 Aug 2015

gak wrote:
zeebot wrote:
I LOVE cynical sci-fi movies from that era. POTA, soylent green, ZPG, a bog and his dog, and YES, even logans run!
Sorry for the slight detour discussion jp but have to say THX 1138 is the best dark sci-fi film of that era gak, amazing film and ripe for sampling dialogue.

They really are crap.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

25 Aug 2015

gak wrote:BTW, this is a tasty product! Some of the others didn't really hit that button for me. I can see this being a really important addition (and the price is RIGHT! )

Question, is it an introductory price? If so how long? My "MO" for RE's is usually to use the demo period just in case there is something I find wrong.
I've been asking myself the same question. The answer? "Probably".

I'm thinking I may introduce the Retro Organs 2.0 bundle (at 145, so 5 x 29) in November. So anyone buying them separately now won't save by waiting, and allows those wishing to "complete the set" to do so at the same price as the bundle. The separates would go up to 35 or 39.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

25 Aug 2015

zeebot wrote:
gak wrote:
zeebot wrote:
Sorry for the slight detour discussion jp but have to say THX 1138 is the best dark sci-fi film of that era gak, amazing film and ripe for sampling dialogue.
Best SF film of early 70s was Silent Running.

It also has that streak of cynical, anti-corporate hard SF, but you never see the corporation, just the impact of its actions. It's probably the saddest SF film ever made too, brilliant use of the Saturn location (Trumbell used his experience with Jupiter on 2001, which of course was originally to use Saturn). It makes grown men cry just thinking about it ;)

I've not heard of A Bog and His Dog, but I've heard of A Boy and His Doy, but I've not seen it. ;)

Gardinski

25 Aug 2015

Fantastic! I've been almost giddy with excitement ever since JP posted the first details of this a few weeks ago. Somewhat irritatingly, the Props shop is currently "closed for maintenance", but as soon as it reopens I shall pick this up.
JiggeryPokery wrote: Best SF film of early 70s was Silent Running.

It also has that streak of cynical, anti-corporate hard SF, but you never see the corporation, just the impact of its actions. It's probably the saddest SF film ever made too... It makes grown men cry just thinking about it ;)
'Silent Running' had a huge impact on me as a kid. It's beautiful and devastating in equal measure, and it's precisely the kind of film you'd be unlikely to see made these days (at least, not in so simple and direct a way - although having said that, it strikes me that Wall-E treads very similar ground.)
gak wrote:
zeebot wrote:I LOVE cynical sci-fi movies from that era. POTA, soylent green, ZPG, a bog and his dog, and YES, even logans run!
ZPG? A dystopian 70's scifi film starring OLIVER REED??? How come I've never heard of this until now? I love Ollie Reed! If I believed in spirit guides and all that nonsense, I reckon I'd want Oliver Reed as mine. (Maybe with O'Toole as a backup, in case Ollie was too pissed.)

BTW, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned 'Fahrenheit 451'.

zeebot

25 Aug 2015

I think you put gak's words into my mouth with that quote :?

They really are crap.

Gardinski

25 Aug 2015

Oops! Sorry Zeebot. How bizarre. I've never been very good at cutting and pasting.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

25 Aug 2015

Gardinski wrote:
'Silent Running' had a huge impact on me as a kid. It's beautiful and devastating in equal measure, and it's precisely the kind of film you'd be unlikely to see made these days (at least, not in so simple and direct a way - although having said that, it strikes me that Wall-E treads very similar ground.)

Duncan Jones's "Moon", that was a film that could have been made almost shot for shot in the early 70s, and is eminently (to bring us back ontopic ;) ) rewatchable. For shame I've not seen F451 and I've not heard of ZPG either, but will endeavour to seek them out (and "Bog and His Dog" ;) ). I recall watching Zardoz during a BBC2 SF season back in the 80s. Not one I've felt compelled to revisit. Whatever happened to stuff like Moviedrome? Seasons of more obscure movies. Sorely missed, now it's just endless repeats of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, James Bond and Harry Potter. I remember seeing a film from NZ I think, about a post apocalyptic society, where the only survivors were the ones who were in the process of dying when the apocalyptic event occurred. (quick google later! The Quiet Earth, but turns out it's a lot later - 1986)

Moon, like Silent Running, or Apollo 13, or The Andromeda Strain, is one of the films that no matter how many times I see it, if I'm channel hopping and it crops up, I end up watching it through even if it's half-way through.

I watched Colossus: The Forbin Project last week. That was... yeah.

Gardinski

25 Aug 2015

Well, that was the shortest trial ever. 2 minutes!

Normally I hang on to the bitter end, and NEVER buy until the 30 days is up, but I've literally just cycled through the first 3 presets ('Innit Cathedral', Amazing Grace and Angelic Whatsits) and I'm spellbound. This thing is breathtaking!!! A sale within 3 mins of booting up the demo has to be some kind of record. (Well, it is for me, at least.)

And 'Arrival'...!!! I could happily sit here and play this all day.

JP, you have excelled yourself. :P

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

25 Aug 2015

motuscott

25 Aug 2015

zeebot wrote:you put gak's words into my mouth
That's just gross
Moderator, please
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

tanni

25 Aug 2015

So, its all about Samples in these RE right ?
The original Stringmachines are always in phasesync while playing different notes, samples are not. So that sound different.
Are all original organs in phasesync too like the old Stringensembles ?

Exowildebeest

25 Aug 2015

I'm not that interested in the device, but I noted down some of those movies on my to-watch list :D

• Information