Chenille download keeps failing?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Dave909

22 Aug 2015

Just bought Chenille but i can´t seem to be able to download it. Anybody having any problems downloading Rack Extensions?

Libraquaricorn

22 Aug 2015

I went for the trial just now and it downloaded just fine. I have had problems with a trial version of Get Layed - With Voltage, but I see now that that downloads just fine too. It's just a shame the trial times out in a few days....

I tried to solve the issue with Get Layed - With Voltage by contacting the Props via mail. They were really helpful for a couple of days and did a lot to try to solve the issue, but then I simply did not hear back from them. Maybe they went on holiday or something.... Well, since then I have upgraded from win8 to win10 and now it works fine apparently. What you should do before you contact the Props for help is to make sure you have the latest version of Authorizer installed. Then delete the failed download in Authorizer and click "sync all" in your account on the Propellerhead webpage. Try this with different browsers if it fails again. If it still fails the Props have a special logging version of the Authorizer that you can install and then send them the logs of the failing download. I don't know if I should be telling you this though, so you did not hear it from me...

Good Luck!

normen

22 Aug 2015

The authorizer downloader doesn't handle wonky network connections very gracefully. This could be anything in the network connection from the props servers all the way through the internet to your network cable /wifi in the computer. You might be lucky at another time of day.

Ostermilk

22 Aug 2015

Another thing I've found after a failed download is that if a corrupted partial download remains in the cache or Rack Extension folder it can prevent any further attempt from being successful.

There's a download cache in (%appdata%\Propellerhead Software\Authorizer\Downloads) that's worth clearing out, it only contains previous failed downloads as if a download completes it cleans up afterward yet if it fails the .part files get remaindered. Also navigate to the Rack Extension folder (%appdata%\Propelllerhead Software\Rack Extensions) on Windows then manually delete any folder, including its contents, pertaining to Chenille (com.jiggerypokery.Chenille.1.1.0) then try again.

HTH

Dave909

23 Aug 2015

Thanks guys!

It hasn't worked yet. I deleted Chenille from the Rack Extension folder and checked the download cache. There was no trace of Chenille in there though. Tried Edge and Chrome with no succes. This is the first time i ever experience this problem. Been downloading other RE's and Reason 8 this week with no problems at all. I'm going to reinstall Authorizer. Maybe that will work. I sent a message to support so maybe they will tell me to install the logging version of Authorizer if it still wont work :)

Dave909

23 Aug 2015

No luck yet. I did find out that i'm not able to download any RE's all of the sudden. I deleted a RE i never use to check and that one fails too. Because of this i made sure Reason or Authorizer isn't blocked by my firewall but it still ain't working. Tried three different browsers now and a reinstall of Reason 8.3 so i'm starting to believe the error isn't on my end :S

Dave909

23 Aug 2015

Sooo it gets weird. Reason 8.3 is the culprit. Uninstalled and installed 7 and everything downloads perfectly. Installed 8.3 again but i hope that the problem does get solved. Got a response from support already today so i'm hoping to get to the problem soon :)

Eagleizer

24 Aug 2015

Dave909 wrote:Just bought Chenille but i can´t seem to be able to download it. Anybody having any problems downloading Rack Extensions?
Have you tried to deactivate your antivirus soft while downloading/installing?

Cheers :)

davidicus

29 Aug 2015

Dave909 wrote:Sooo it gets weird. Reason 8.3 is the culprit. Uninstalled and installed 7 and everything downloads perfectly. Installed 8.3 again but i hope that the problem does get solved. Got a response from support already today so i'm hoping to get to the problem soon :)
Props had me delete all my extensions and now i've been without anything for a week because everything will download, then error "Download Failed" when attempting to install. i'd love to hear that you got to the bottom of it!

personally, i tried defeating my backup and virus software (and double checking the directory permissions), but no dice. i'm getting pretty frustrated with all my extensions gone.

Dave909

01 Sep 2015

Man that sucks! Having no access to my RE's would put me at a halt too. I totally built my sound with them so theres no way back. I'm in a back and forth with support still so if i manage to solve it i'll be posting back here.

davidicus wrote:
Dave909 wrote:Sooo it gets weird. Reason 8.3 is the culprit. Uninstalled and installed 7 and everything downloads perfectly. Installed 8.3 again but i hope that the problem does get solved. Got a response from support already today so i'm hoping to get to the problem soon :)
Props had me delete all my extensions and now i've been without anything for a week because everything will download, then error "Download Failed" when attempting to install. i'd love to hear that you got to the bottom of it!

personally, i tried defeating my backup and virus software (and double checking the directory permissions), but no dice. i'm getting pretty frustrated with all my extensions gone.

Dave909

01 Sep 2015

Yep, tried everything but still no go. Letshope it'll be fixed soon. Having to reinstall 7 every time i need to download a RE is less than nice, lol

Eagleizer wrote:
Dave909 wrote:Just bought Chenille but i can´t seem to be able to download it. Anybody having any problems downloading Rack Extensions?
Have you tried to deactivate your antivirus soft while downloading/installing?

Cheers :)

• Information