RE updates

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Neko the Jaguar

18 Aug 2015

whats the best way to find out about updates? Do we just have to search for each rack we have?

eXode

18 Aug 2015

Most of the times it's easiest to just sync your account.

Olivier

18 Aug 2015

If there's an update on anything its usually posted here.
Also, you can just choose "sync all" from your propellerhead page here https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... extensions
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Neko the Jaguar

18 Aug 2015

eauhm wrote:If there's an update on anything its usually posted here.
Also, you can just choose "sync all" from your propellerhead page here https://www.propellerheads.se/user/prod ... extensions
eXode wrote:Most of the times it's easiest to just sync your account.
Thanks guys.

joeyluck

18 Aug 2015

But more importantly, If you question is, "Which ones have updates?" When on that page in your account, it will show you all the REs that you own and are trying of course. And if there is an update for any one of them (that you have yet to download), it will say so next to that RE.

Exowildebeest

18 Aug 2015

Huh? Am I the only one who just visits the shop? The ones that have updates are displayed first, with "free update" buttons!

joeyluck

18 Aug 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Huh? Am I the only one who just visits the shop? The ones that have updates are displayed first, with "free update" buttons!
But it's easiest to see them in your account as it only shows the ones relevant to you.

Especially in times when you aren't looking at the shop everyday and check in weeks later.

That's why folks are suggesting to just visit your account from time to time, have a look, and sync all. And syncing all with multiple updates is much easier than navigating around the shop downloading them one at a time.

challism

18 Aug 2015

Some updates do not show up in your account, and won't work with the "sync all" method. Sometimes an update requires that you click the "buy" button again, even though it may be a free update. I have noticed this with at least 2 of my REs. There was an update available, but I had to opt in to upgrade to that version before I could download it. Usually when going from a version 1.x to a version 2.0.

One way to tell if there are any updates to an RE is to also keep an eye on the Prop shop's "new releases." If there is an update to an RE, they categorize the RE as new again.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Exowildebeest

18 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Exowildebeest wrote:Huh? Am I the only one who just visits the shop? The ones that have updates are displayed first, with "free update" buttons!
But it's easiest to see them in your account as it only shows the ones relevant to you.

Especially in times when you aren't looking at the shop everyday and check in weeks later.

That's why folks are suggesting to just visit your account from time to time, have a look, and sync all. And syncing all with multiple updates is much easier than navigating around the shop downloading them one at a time.
I disagree, first of all it only displays "free update" if you have actually bought the RE, so it's relevant to you. Secondly, you can click and, luckily, there'll be patch notes.

I would not recommend blindly clicking sync all without knowing what's going to update and what consequences that'll have. Before you know it, your Viking looks different or you catch a bugged update ;)

Olivier

18 Aug 2015

I was going to say, Reason should just periodically check RE updates just like it can see an update for Reason itself...
But then i realised there are more important things to implement ..
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

joeyluck

18 Aug 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:
joeyluck wrote:

I disagree, first of all it only displays "free update" if you have actually bought the RE, so it's relevant to you. Secondly, you can click and, luckily, there'll be patch notes.

I would not recommend blindly clicking sync all without knowing what's going to update and what consequences that'll have. Before you know it, your Viking looks different or you catch a bugged update ;)
Exactly my point. Take a look before syncing all.

joeyluck

18 Aug 2015

challism wrote:Some updates do not show up in your account, and won't work with the "sync all" method. Sometimes an update requires that you click the "buy" button again, even though it may be a free update. I have noticed this with at least 2 of my REs. There was an update available, but I had to opt in to upgrade to that version before I could download it. Usually when going from a version 1.x to a version 2.0.

One way to tell if there are any updates to an RE is to also keep an eye on the Prop shop's "new releases." If there is an update to an RE, they categorize the RE as new again.
I've never run into this. But I assume that if it's a big enough deal to be a big update, then well—it's big news everywhere else :)

Theo.M

18 Aug 2015

for me syncing all is a bad idea as it also syncs betas sometimes - plus all the RE's i removed like crapre and black night (eg) get re installed - i prefer to only install the ones I use.
Like the others said, just check the shop periodically and it will show free update next to the re if available, plus they do really get announced here.

Also, when you buy an RE, do you click to be put in developer's database and be notified of events? I always click that box.

joeyluck

18 Aug 2015

Theo.M wrote:for me syncing all is a bad idea as it also syncs betas sometimes - plus all the RE's i removed like crapre and black night (eg) get re installed - i prefer to only install the ones I use.
Like the others said, just check the shop periodically and it will show free update next to the re if available, plus they do really get announced here.

Also, when you buy an RE, do you click to be put in developer's database and be notified of events? I always click that box.
Yeah, would be nice if there were boxes to check next to the REs and an option to 'Sync Selected.'
And even better—if it would remember these settings, so REs you wish to not sync will remain unchecked with future visits.

challism

19 Aug 2015

The update opt-in happened for me just now with the 2 new updates of Robotic Bean's Select CV Switch and Step Note Recorder. I was a beta tester, so that may be giving me different update requirements than those who were not beta testers. But this opt-in thing has happened to me on other RE updates which I was not beta testing. Anyway, the sync all option doesn't work all the time... and, as mentioned by others, isn't really that advisable.
update01.jpg
update01.jpg (168.45 KiB) Viewed 779 times
update02.jpg
update02.jpg (181.94 KiB) Viewed 778 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information