The Rack Extensions of your dreams?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JoshuaPhilgarlic

11 Aug 2015

fceramic wrote:Yes indeed. I asked for people's DREAM devices, not just some vst you would like to see ported. "This would be kinda nice to have" does not exactly sound like a dream.
Okay, I dream of a device that spreads stereo signals far beyond the speakers without degrading the sound (as Reason's MClass Stereo Imager does). I dream of something like Waves S1 - without saying that I want this to be ported to Reason ;) . Damn, really, what did those guys from Tel-Aviv invent almost 20 years ago that is unequaled so far????

raymondh

11 Aug 2015

I'd also really like good emulations of other classic synths eg:
- Roland JX-8P (so I can sell my hardware )
- Roland Juno 106
- Roland Juno 60
- Roland Jupiter 8 (have you seen what these beasts sell for on ebay?)
- Yamaha CS-80
- Oberheim OBX-A
- Moog Memorymoog
- Elka Synthex

I'd rather see individual emulations that was close to the original in look and feel (not just sound), rather than something like DIVA that sounds great, but doesn't make you feel like you're experience a real super-synth of yesteryear. (virtual reality!)

xxASMxx

12 Aug 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:
fceramic wrote:Yes indeed. I asked for people's DREAM devices, not just some vst you would like to see ported. "This would be kinda nice to have" does not exactly sound like a dream.
Okay, I dream of a device that spreads stereo signals far beyond the speakers without degrading the sound (as Reason's MClass Stereo Imager does). I dream of something like Waves S1 - without saying that I want this to be ported to Reason ;) . Damn, really, what did those guys from Tel-Aviv invent almost 20 years ago that is unequaled so far????
Yes Please!

sdst
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2015

a modular combinator, that let me do my own effects and instruments

something like a mini reaktor, would be the big cheese

freeQlow

16 Aug 2015

Add Nicky Romero Kick Drum (Sorry, but I don't use Paper BD that much) it is good, but not great like Romero. Good Lawd.

Add Serum to the list as well, getting to know her over the last week has nailed quick results in my low end game.

Koshdukai

18 Aug 2015

fceramic wrote:
Koshdukai wrote:
fceramic wrote:My dream device
Yes indeed. I asked for people's DREAM devices, not just some vst you would like to see ported. "This would be kinda nice to have" does not exactly sound like a dream.
No, this isn't "some VST I want to see ported" ...I guess you didn't understand the draft mock-up picture.

That's a RE using a custom_display where you're able to add and connect it's own basic synth modules "freely" (but still snapped together like on an eurorack) allowing modular building of a polyphonic instrument but using the traditional "monophonic modular building" paradigm, which we already have today in Reason.

Those generic knobs below the custom_display would bridge the usual remoteable/automatable controls with any of the internal module controls. At the back there would be as many CV inputs (and outs) also as an interface between the regular Reason rack and its internal virtual rack.

If RE SDK rules allowed, the back would show another custom_display showing "the back" of those virtual modules allowing inter-connection virtual wires, just like we're used to have in Reason but these would be "virtual" (I know, virtual within an already virtual rack) and because of that, savable as a patch, so it would allow you to keep those internal wire routings.

Imagine that RE like an iPad with 2 screens, one on the front just for controls add/remove/move/assign controls and one on the back for add/remove/move/assign wiring between modules and to/from the "real" audio/cv in/outs at the back.

So... no, this wouldn't be a VST conversion. I've used the KarmaFX VST example since that's really the closest (but still not the same) to what I consider my dream RE.

Happy now? Can my post be in this thread now or do I have to remove it because it's not "good enough" of a dream RE for you?

X1Lo

18 Aug 2015

An effect device based off of the voice modifier in parsec. It would allow you to load your own samples and have tools to modify them (like distortion, flanging, delay) resulting in bizarre modulation source material.
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

zeebot

18 Aug 2015

Well if we are dreaming I would like a Re that I can hook up to my brain so that when I think of a sound it can automatically create it. Hey maybe one day? :?
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

fceramic

18 Aug 2015

Koshdukai wrote: Happy now? Can my post be in this thread now or do I have to remove it because it's not "good enough" of a dream RE for you?

Oh boy, I was just agreeing with you and continuing your point. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Koshdukai

18 Aug 2015

fceramic wrote:
Koshdukai wrote: Happy now? Can my post be in this thread now or do I have to remove it because it's not "good enough" of a dream RE for you?

Oh boy, I was just agreeing with you and continuing your point. Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Sorry for my totally inappropriate and absolutely unnecessary "outburst". I obviously misread the intentions of your reply.

That's what happens when I come here randomly checking some of the more interesting threads after going to another "place" where erm... "confusion" was happening that inflated my adrenaline levels :oops:

Again, sorry!

fceramic

18 Aug 2015

Koshdukai wrote:
fceramic wrote:

Sorry for my totally inappropriate and absolutely unnecessary "outburst". I obviously misread the intentions of your reply.

That's what happens when I come here randomly checking some of the more interesting threads after going to another "place" where erm... "confusion" was happening that inflated my adrenaline levels :oops:

Again, sorry!
No worries. Might be my avatar making people think I'm an aggressive personal attack-bot.:)

freeQlow

18 Aug 2015

I dream of a Super Rex Player that is a media player, drum sampler, so I can store all my music there and automatically render to Rex externally

Juan Rosa

21 Aug 2015

3 Rack Extension A really good vocoder, hardtune and voice harmony

Libraquaricorn

21 Aug 2015

DrRe.jpg
DrRe.jpg (450.66 KiB) Viewed 2208 times

Neo

22 Aug 2015

raymondh wrote:I'd also really like good emulations of other classic synths eg:
- Roland JX-8P (so I can sell my hardware )
- Roland Juno 106
- Roland Juno 60
- Roland Jupiter 8 (have you seen what these beasts sell for on ebay?)
- Yamaha CS-80
- Oberheim OBX-A
- Moog Memorymoog
- Elka Synthex

I'd rather see individual emulations that was close to the original in look and feel (not just sound), rather than something like DIVA that sounds great, but doesn't make you feel like you're experience a real super-synth of yesteryear. (virtual reality!)
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Roland Jupiter-8 RE.jpg
Roland Jupiter-8 RE
Roland Jupiter-8 RE.jpg (376.05 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Libraquaricorn

26 Aug 2015

I'd love to see an Elka Synthex in the rack...
Attachments
rackdreams.jpg
rackdreams.jpg (226.57 KiB) Viewed 2172 times

boobytrap

27 Aug 2015

My Dream Came True
My Dream Came True.png
My Dream Came True.png (321.26 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

MirEko

31 Aug 2015

X1Lo wrote:An effect device based off of the voice modifier in parsec. It would allow you to load your own samples and have tools to modify them (like distortion, flanging, delay) resulting in bizarre modulation source material.
Thats a good one :shock:
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

DOKTOR242

01 Sep 2015

SIMMONS SDS V BY ALY JAMES LAB :re: :puf_bigsmile:
Attachments
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (77.56 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
maxresdefault.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg (77.56 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
Last edited by DOKTOR242 on 01 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Chritet

03 Sep 2015

I would like more inspired RE from modular system. Récréation of modules from MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, Doepfer, etc ...

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Miguel da Wu

03 Sep 2015

I want a Multiband Sidechain like that of Vengeance with MIDI- and hostsync.

Faastwalker

03 Sep 2015

I've been thinking about this and I had trouble coming up with a suitable response. Then it hit me - Gmedia's ImpOSCar 2. Still for me one of the best soft synths ever and after Gmedia entered the fray from day one of RE's with M-Tron I really thought it would happen. It's unfortunate that it has happened yet. Would be a dream come true to have ImpOSCar 2 in the Reason rack. Still hoping. Actually it's about time for my annual email to Dave Spiers asking if and when this is going to happen. The last email response didn't look good for ImpOSCar in Reason. But that was some time ago and I think it could be easily done, with knobs on, post SDK 2.

Dance FX 21

03 Sep 2015

Koshdukai wrote:
fceramic wrote:My dream device
KarmaFXRE.png
This one is the closet to what I'd like to see - How about Propellerhead coming up with a full modular synth with basic modules (oscillators, amps, standard filters, envelopes, LFOs) with a combinator like control interface (but much bigger and flexible) for about €99 with future releases of optional features such as a 4 operator FM bank or advanced oscillator suite (am, pm, granular, wave sampler) for around €9 each.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

michal22

10 Sep 2015

Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

Olivier

10 Sep 2015

michal22 wrote:Image

Auto-Align

Pi
Good one, and an interesting suggestion. In the vst world, for full functionality, multiple instances are talking to each other. Don't think re's can do that currently.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information